Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Had my first experience with sprouting seeds in jars

Ukshep    20,094

Got to say I'm quite enjoying it :D they grow so fast and are going to be super tasty! Not to mention a sack of seeds and a few more jars could provide some nice emergency food production :D 

@Cinnamon Thanks for the nudge towards a new experience :D

:smiley_flowers:

schon    778

WOOHOO!! Congratulations! :dance:

Fresh greens,in any weather,gotta love it!

Ukshep    20,094
1 minute ago, schon said:

WOOHOO!! Congratulations! :dance:

New experiences are always fun!

Cinnamon    22,962

I'm sprouting onion seeds now, they take longer than the other seeds, but they're coming along. 

Keep rinsing! :) 

Ukshep    20,094
7 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Keep rinsing!

Never thought I'd agree with that term.. Now I am chuckling inside! :gsbrnint:

schon    778
2 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Never thought I'd agree with that term.. Now I am chuckling inside! :gsbrnint:

:gsbrnint:

schon    778
2 hours ago, A Freeman said:

Mung-beans?

Gosh they are good in salads and stir fry's.

Waitn4end    179

Alfalfa sprouts are my favorite.  A big cold handful on my own sprouted wheat bread with a chunk of Laughing Cow Cheese spread to hold it together...so delicious...so good for you.  

My favorite way to eat mung bean sprouts is to steam about two cups just enough to relax them.  Then put on my favorite flour tortilla that is low carb but delicious.  Then I drizzle a bit of the oriental sauces (they have several kinds like Teriyaki and Orange) Over the sprouts and roll it all up and munch it all down.  No meat most times...don't need it. 

Read the labels...watch out for the High Fructose Corn Syrup or its new aliases.

Cinnamon    22,962
20 hours ago, Waitn4end said:

Alfalfa sprouts are my favorite.  A big cold handful on my own sprouted wheat bread with a chunk of Laughing Cow Cheese spread to hold it together...so delicious...so good for you.  

My favorite way to eat mung bean sprouts is to steam about two cups just enough to relax them.  Then put on my favorite flour tortilla that is low carb but delicious.  Then I drizzle a bit of the oriental sauces (they have several kinds like Teriyaki and Orange) Over the sprouts and roll it all up and munch it all down.  No meat most times...don't need it. 

Read the labels...watch out for the High Fructose Corn Syrup or its new aliases.

That made me hungry!  

FredoIsSmart    512

Sounds like fun, I just started a garden I was going to start a thread with some pics but I have no idea what Im doing.

Cinnamon    22,962

These onion seeds are not doing anything. :angry: Maybe they're dead or something.  I'll try broccoli tomorrow.