Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ilovethefounders

just started a blog - will you check it out?

Hello y'all. I've been lurking the past couple months, wary of creating an account, but finally decided to bite the bullet.

I decided on a whim yesterday to start a blog based on the Founding Fathers and what they would have to say to us if they could see what we've done with the nation they created. I would be honored if you would check it out and tell me what you think. The first post is addressing the need for America to return to God. It's part of a series I've entitled, "Back to Basics," which will cover the principles the Founders thought necessary to preserve our Republic. After the news of missiles in Syria, I'm thinking noninterventionism is up next. Again, please take a look. I would appreciate any and all feedback and constructive criticism.

The link is: therightsofmanthegiftofgod.wordpress.com

@Ilovethefounders.......You sound like you are under 30 ......Maybe a bit naïve ...

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about......

The Hidden Faith of The Founding Fathers

"The Hidden Faith of the Founding Fathers" by Adullam Films, written & directed by Christian J. Pinto. The full presentation is 3 hours long, and covers the beliefs of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, and John Adams. The film also gives a Biblical view of what these men believed, and how their philosophies are acknowledged in Bible prophecy. Learn more at www.adullamfilms.com

51 minutes ago, Ilovethefounders said:

Hello y'all. I've been lurking the past couple months, wary of creating an account, but finally decided to bite the bullet.

I decided on a whim yesterday to start a blog based on the Founding Fathers and what they would have to say to us if they could see what we've done with the nation they created. I would be honored if you would check it out and tell me what you think. The first post is addressing the need for America to return to God. It's part of a series I've entitled, "Back to Basics," which will cover the principles the Founders thought necessary to preserve our Republic. After the news of missiles in Syria, I'm thinking noninterventionism is up next. Again, please take a look. I would appreciate any and all feedback and constructive criticism.

The link is: therightsofmanthegiftofgod.wordpress.com

Good Job!

Are you aware that almost all of the founding fathers were Freemasons?

Quite a contradiction by today's standards!

Things are NEVER what they seem!

2 hours ago, marlowe said:

@Ilovethefounders.......You sound like you are under 30 ......Maybe a bit naïve ...

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about......

The Hidden Faith of The Founding Fathers

"The Hidden Faith of the Founding Fathers" by Adullam Films, written & directed by Christian J. Pinto. The full presentation is 3 hours long, and covers the beliefs of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, and John Adams. The film also gives a Biblical view of what these men believed, and how their philosophies are acknowledged in Bible prophecy. Learn more at www.adullamfilms.com

Hello, marlowe! Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and to respond. It's my impression from your remarks that you are a Christian. If so, greetings brother! 

I will confess that I have not seen the entirety of the film you posted. I watched the first 30-40 minutes then skipped every 20 minutes or so to see if the rest followed the pattern of the first. In doing this I may have missed the best material. Regardless, I feel confident in saying that what I have seen was enough to severely undermine Pinto as a trustworthy or authoritative source.

I stopped watching after about the 10th time I heard the claim that the American Revolution would not have happened without Thomas Paine. Now I'm not trying to marginalize Paine or discredit his contributions. Common Sense and the American Crisis (esp 1 and 4) are, to my mind, about as good as it gets. But let's get real. Lexington and Concord were April 19, 1775. Common Sense was published January 10, 1776. So .... 3/4 of a year after the war started. 6 months after the Battle of Bunker Hill. 3 years after the Boston Tea Party. They were already onto the Second Continental Congress. And Pinto expects us to believe that without Thomas Paine, they were all just going to pack up and give in? Maybe they should just stay British after all? Please don't misunderstand me. Thomas Paine was influential to be sure. But the fire had already been built, even kindled. Paine just poured on the gasoline. Thomas Paine is by no means to be ranked among the most influential Founding Fathers. He came onto the scene a decade late and left almost immediately after the war. He was not a signatory to the Declaration, the Articles, or the Constitution. He never held public office. So again, I stopped watching it in full after what I recognized as either incomplete scholarship, or a deliberate intent to deceive.

The other bits I watched I only vaguely remember. I know that a great deal was made of Jefferson's Bible and in general his critiques of the Christian religion. I remember the Treaty of Tripoli. The latter is always made much of but is by no means as conclusive as some people (including Pinto) claim. First of all the much-cited phrase says that "the GOVERNMENT of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion." It makes sense that this was clarified. In dealing with a nation that had an official religion, at a time when essentially all nations did, it made sense to explain that America did not have a national religion. That the government had not established itself as the defender of any particular faith or the foe of any others. Hence why the second half of the same sentence declares that the US has "in itself" no enmity against Musselmen. The remark actually says very little. We already knew that the Founders never intended to create an establishment of any religion. The treaty does not speak to the principles they used in creating the government or the beliefs held by the Founders or the people.

About Thomas Jefferson, it is clear that he (and to a lesser degree Adams) had reservations about the history of the Christian faith. Both Adams and Jefferson said repeatedly that the doctrines of Jesus were the most pure and perfect the world had ever seen. They worried more about what his "followers" had done to those doctrines. Pinto seems to separate this argument from its context. Writing his Notes on the State of Virginia, Jefferson listed the penalties for anyone who denied one of the tenets of the Christian faith, for example, the existence of a God, or that the Bible was His divinely inspired word. A second offense of this kind subjected a man to three years imprisonment without bail. It also disqualified him to inherit or even to be guardian of his own children. Needless to say he could not hold public office. Some states were better. Some were worse. In many everyone was required to tithe to the local churchman regardless of his own personal beliefs. Jefferson saw that these Christians were rich. That they colluded with men in politics to maintain their authority and emoluments. This was obviously not going to go over well with Jefferson. Just think about it. We have one of the most brilliant men who ever lived. Fantastically well read. Extremely interested in both history and morality. Convinced of the historical life of Jesus and the beauty of his teachings about the way mankind is to live life and worship God. And then he sees "the Church." They were hypocritical. They were tyrannical. They accused anyone who disagreed on relatively small matters of being infidels. They were in fact the then-equivalent of the pharisee. I understand why Jefferson did not feel that he fit in. Jefferson himself claimed to believe in the Judeo-Christian God and that Jesus had best described them. That seems awfully close to what we believe. I'm not talking about from a salvation point here - the Bible is very strict on that. But in terms of his worldview, the one that shaped his decisions and writings, it is much closer to ours than to that of any other.

If you examine my original blog post carefully, you will see that I did not make any claims as to the particular religious beliefs of the Founders. I was very careful only to assert that they believed in God and His Providence. I believe it is an irrefutable belief that if you study the words of these men, they believed in the same God that we do. I plan to create other posts on that topic later, after this initial series is done. It is a much complex subject, however. The Founders universally believed in God. They were not however, universally Christians, although I maintain that they were, generally speaking, to a much greater degree than we have been told. I hope when I get there you will read that, too :)

Again, thank you very much for reading my post. Unless I have greatly misunderstood you, I believe we are on the same side.

2 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Are you aware that almost all of the founding fathers were Freemasons?

Quite a contradiction by today's standards!

Things are NEVER what they seem!

Hello, Cryptic Mole, thank you for reading and responding to my post! I am not aware that almost all of the Founders were Freemasons. I would go so far as to say it isn't true. It is my impression, though I have never done extensive research on the subject, that maybe as many as a third of the Founders were Freemasons. To me this just doesn't mean that much, since we know that it is only in the higher levels that anything actually "happens." In other words, it is likely that many of those Founders who had technically joined, never progressed past the level of mere social interaction. I do know that Washington, Hancock and Franklin were Freemasons. I know that of these 3 Franklin has by far the most ties to the masons and other secret societies and that he was president, at least briefly, of a lodge in Paris. That and a few sundry random tidbits are as much as I know. What would you consider to be the best resource on the subject?

Thanks for your post and the link to your blog ilovethefounders.

I hope this finds you well, in good spirit and having a good day.

Your addressing the need for America to return to God is well-received. That's exactly what America NEEDS, and the only thing that will save us. It is because of the absence of God in our lives that we find ourselves in the mess we're in.

Perhaps the biggest stumblingblock keeping that from happening is the common misconception that the way for America to return to God is by getting back to the 1787/1789 U.S. Constitution, and that in doing so our problems will be solved. It appears most are unaware that the U.S. Constitution was given to us by the NWO to deflect us and keep us away from God's Law. While this may seem difficult to believe, a simple return back to the basics, found in the first five books of the Bible, should alleviate any doubt that we've been COMMANDED not to make up our own rules, policies, regulations, legislation, etc., and that includes man-made CONstitutions.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not ADD unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the Commandments of the "I AM" your God which I COMMAND you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

So what we're really up against as far as the NWO is concerned is that Satan gets the NWO and their puppet politicians, who are ALL part of the NWO, to make up rules and regulations to prevent people from doing what God COMMANDS them to do and they make up other rules and legislation to force people to do what God COMMANDS them NOT to do.

The only way to defeat the NWO—and it is the ONLY Way to defeat the NWO—is to get rid of all of their fraudulent, UNLAWFUL man-made legislation and go back to God's Law.

The Achilles' heel of the the NWO is the Bible, which contains The Torah (The Law). The Law is found in the first five books of the Bible, namely: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy; the original of which is inside the Ark of The Covenant, which is buried underneath the Mound of the Hostages at the Hill of Tara/Torah in County Meath, IRELAND.

The reason The Law is their Achilles' heel is because it not only prohibits ALL man-made legislation but also usury, upon which their evil system thrives. Without their unlawful legislation, the NWO cannot operate, which is exactly why The King Ruler of the Universe (God) forbid mankind from legislating upon pain of death (Deut. 17:11-13).

The Commandments referred to above in the quotes from Deuteronomy are not just the Ten Commandments. The whole of God's Law is known as the Commandments, including the Laws, Statutes and Judgments that He has COMMANDED us to keep as part of our Covenant/promise (a contract without the “con”) with Him. The Ten Commandments are simply the basic principles that we must abide by, and if we keep those principles we cannot break The Law.

It really can't get any clearer than that. We either get rid of all of this fraudulent, man-made legislation that the NWO uses to rob and spoil us, and return to God's Law, or we will suffer the consequences, which will eventually lead to the defeat of America at the hands of our enemies followed by Judgement Day, when most of the world's population will be executed for our continued treason against God.

Simply put, we are really between a Rock, which is God's Law, and a hard place, which is the NWO. Because if the NWO doesn't get us, the Rock will.

The reason we've been COMMANDED not to make up our own rules is because adding or taking away from God's PERFECT Law makes His Commandments of NONE effect (Matt. 15:1-14) which in turn facilitates corruption, creates poverty, and causes oppression and injustice. Precisely the situation we find ourselves in today, on the brink of armed conflict with Russia AND China, because we haven't kept The Law. So the question is this: why would anyone choose slavery and certain DEATH under a selfish, evil and imperfect (totally broken and corrupt really) system, when we could all enjoy TRUE Freedom, Justice, Peace, Prosperity, Safety and Security for ALL, living as ONE under the One and ONLY perfect system, that God calls the Royal Perfect Law of LIBERTY?

Think about it. No piece of paper, regardless of how eloquently written it may be, or how noble it may sound, can EVER grant you rights. Only God can do that, a FACT that was reiterated in the American Declaration of Independence:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that ALL men are created equal, that they are endowed BY THEIR CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

All men are created equal and should remain that way, which means no positions of authority or fancy titles to make one man think he can lord it over another. If further proof is needed that the U.S. Constitution was given to us by the NWO, then please consider why T.H.E.Y. (The Hierarchy Enslaving You) removed the original 13th amendment from it, which outlawed titles of nobility and the corresponding treasonous affiliations with foreign corporate governments.

God is NO respecter of persons (Deut. 16:19, Acts 10:34) and their fancy, made-up titles, and neither should we be.

We've been CONNED by the CONstitution and the CONgress, and the ONLY Way to break free of it is to remember and return to God's Law, exactly as we've been told (Mal. 4). If you haven't already read the following, it would be educational to do so.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/united_states_british_colony.htm 

Please also consider the following piece as if it was addressed directly to America which, of course, it was.

Deuteronomy 4:2,6-10

4:2 Ye shall not ADD unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the Commandments of the "I AM" your God which I COMMAND you.

4:6 KEEP therefore and DO [them]; for this [is] your Wisdom and your Understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these Statutes, and say, Surely this great nation [is] a wise and understanding people.
4:7 For what nation [is there so] great, who [hath] God [so] near to them, as the "I AM" our God [is] in all [things that] we call upon Him [for]?
4:8 And what nation [is there so] great, that hath Statutes and Judgments [so] Righteous as all this Law, which I set before you this day?
4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;
4:10 [Specially] the day that thou stoodest before the "I AM" thy God in Horeb, when the "I AM" said unto me, Gather Me the people together, and I will make them hear My Words, that they may learn to respect Me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and [that] they may teach their children.

You'll also want to read, study and put into practice The Survival Plan.

God Bless.

9 hours ago, Ilovethefounders said:

Hello, Cryptic Mole, thank you for reading and responding to my post! I am not aware that almost all of the Founders were Freemasons. I would go so far as to say it isn't true. It is my impression, though I have never done extensive research on the subject, that maybe as many as a third of the Founders were Freemasons. To me this just doesn't mean that much, since we know that it is only in the higher levels that anything actually "happens." In other words, it is likely that many of those Founders who had technically joined, never progressed past the level of mere social interaction. I do know that Washington, Hancock and Franklin were Freemasons. I know that of these 3 Franklin has by far the most ties to the masons and other secret societies and that he was president, at least briefly, of a lodge in Paris. That and a few sundry random tidbits are as much as I know. What would you consider to be the best resource on the subject?

Just felt I should mention the subject here since most are not aware of these facts. Also, maybe a few more facts that might be appropriate to this subject since people believed the founding fathers were so honest and true to the people whom they would eventually serve.

The United States never really won its freedoms from the British Monarchy. Long story short, the founding fathers and the British Monarchy both conspired on the outcome that we the people falsely witnessed. The American citizen never won this war and never drove the British out. Instead, the Monarchy remained in power just as they remain in power today.

The Internal Revenue Service collects illegal federal taxes and sends them back to a privately owned British bank who then loans these monies back to the US government who collected them in the first place at interest.

Obviously, our founding fathers were not directly involved in the federal reserve scandal, but the founding fathers; meaning those involved in big banking were anticipating the very idea of another government and it's citizens taking loans from them. It's the old, 'control the money, control the government, control the people' ploy.

I'm not saying that every single founding father was corrupt and a liar, but many were. Sadly, the honest founders were not able to see what was actually happening right under their noses. Our history was tainted and has now become completely jaded and people are unawares as to what the true history is concerning our founding fathers whom most were traitors. They were by no means, great men!

My entire point to my original post was to make a point, and that there is always two sides to any story. The one that we are indoctrinated with in our schools and that we are never allowed to question, and the real truth that we ourselves are placed in charge of finding for ourselves no matter where it may lead. Even if we are horrified by what we may discover.

10 hours ago, A Freeman said:

Thanks for your post and the link to your blog ilovethefounders.

I hope this finds you well, in good spirit and having a good day.

Your addressing the need for America to return to God is well-received. That's exactly what America NEEDS, and the only thing that will save us. It is because of the absence of God in our lives that we find ourselves in the mess we're in.

Perhaps the biggest stumblingblock keeping that from happening is the common misconception that the way for America to return to God is by getting back to the 1787/1789 U.S. Constitution, and that in doing so our problems will be solved. It appears most are unaware that the U.S. Constitution was given to us by the NWO to deflect us and keep us away from God's Law. While this may seem difficult to believe, a simple return back to the basics, found in the first five books of the Bible, should alleviate any doubt that we've been COMMANDED not to make up our own rules, policies, regulations, legislation, etc., and that includes man-made CONstitutions.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not ADD unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the Commandments of the "I AM" your God which I COMMAND you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

So what we're really up against as far as the NWO is concerned is that Satan gets the NWO and their puppet politicians, who are ALL part of the NWO, to make up rules and regulations to prevent people from doing what God COMMANDS them to do and they make up other rules and legislation to force people to do what God COMMANDS them NOT to do.

The only way to defeat the NWO—and it is the ONLY Way to defeat the NWO—is to get rid of all of their fraudulent, UNLAWFUL man-made legislation and go back to God's Law.

The Achilles' heel of the the NWO is the Bible, which contains The Torah (The Law). The Law is found in the first five books of the Bible, namely: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy; the original of which is inside the Ark of The Covenant, which is buried underneath the Mound of the Hostages at the Hill of Tara/Torah in County Meath, IRELAND.

The reason The Law is their Achilles' heel is because it not only prohibits ALL man-made legislation but also usury, upon which their evil system thrives. Without their unlawful legislation, the NWO cannot operate, which is exactly why The King Ruler of the Universe (God) forbid mankind from legislating upon pain of death (Deut. 17:11-13).

The Commandments referred to above in the quotes from Deuteronomy are not just the Ten Commandments. The whole of God's Law is known as the Commandments, including the Laws, Statutes and Judgments that He has COMMANDED us to keep as part of our Covenant/promise (a contract without the “con”) with Him. The Ten Commandments are simply the basic principles that we must abide by, and if we keep those principles we cannot break The Law.

It really can't get any clearer than that. We either get rid of all of this fraudulent, man-made legislation that the NWO uses to rob and spoil us, and return to God's Law, or we will suffer the consequences, which will eventually lead to the defeat of America at the hands of our enemies followed by Judgement Day, when most of the world's population will be executed for our continued treason against God.

Simply put, we are really between a Rock, which is God's Law, and a hard place, which is the NWO. Because if the NWO doesn't get us, the Rock will.

The reason we've been COMMANDED not to make up our own rules is because adding or taking away from God's PERFECT Law makes His Commandments of NONE effect (Matt. 15:1-14) which in turn facilitates corruption, creates poverty, and causes oppression and injustice. Precisely the situation we find ourselves in today, on the brink of armed conflict with Russia AND China, because we haven't kept The Law. So the question is this: why would anyone choose slavery and certain DEATH under a selfish, evil and imperfect (totally broken and corrupt really) system, when we could all enjoy TRUE Freedom, Justice, Peace, Prosperity, Safety and Security for ALL, living as ONE under the One and ONLY perfect system, that God calls the Royal Perfect Law of LIBERTY?

Think about it. No piece of paper, regardless of how eloquently written it may be, or how noble it may sound, can EVER grant you rights. Only God can do that, a FACT that was reiterated in the American Declaration of Independence:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that ALL men are created equal, that they are endowed BY THEIR CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

All men are created equal and should remain that way, which means no positions of authority or fancy titles to make one man think he can lord it over another. If further proof is needed that the U.S. Constitution was given to us by the NWO, then please consider why T.H.E.Y. (The Hierarchy Enslaving You) removed the original 13th amendment from it, which outlawed titles of nobility and the corresponding treasonous affiliations with foreign corporate governments.

God is NO respecter of persons (Deut. 16:19, Acts 10:34) and their fancy, made-up titles, and neither should we be.

We've been CONNED by the CONstitution and the CONgress, and the ONLY Way to break free of it is to remember and return to God's Law, exactly as we've been told (Mal. 4). If you haven't already read the following, it would be educational to do so.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/united_states_british_colony.htm 

Please also consider the following piece as if it was addressed directly to America which, of course, it was.

Deuteronomy 4:2,6-10

4:2 Ye shall not ADD unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the Commandments of the "I AM" your God which I COMMAND you.

4:6 KEEP therefore and DO [them]; for this [is] your Wisdom and your Understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these Statutes, and say, Surely this great nation [is] a wise and understanding people.
4:7 For what nation [is there so] great, who [hath] God [so] near to them, as the "I AM" our God [is] in all [things that] we call upon Him [for]?
4:8 And what nation [is there so] great, that hath Statutes and Judgments [so] Righteous as all this Law, which I set before you this day?
4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;
4:10 [Specially] the day that thou stoodest before the "I AM" thy God in Horeb, when the "I AM" said unto me, Gather Me the people together, and I will make them hear My Words, that they may learn to respect Me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and [that] they may teach their children.

You'll also want to read, study and put into practice The Survival Plan.

God Bless.

Hello, A Freeman! Thank you for reading and commenting. I'm glad you agree that a return to God is the only hope for our nation, but it seems that we disagree on quite a few of the specifics. So maybe, on opposite spectrums of the same side? I can't address all your points, but there are a few that stood out. You wrote that the biggest stumbling block to returning to God is a misconception that the US Constitution will lead us to Him. I don't know anyone who believes that, and I don't believe that it could ever be the "biggest" obstacle, but it would certainly be one. To me that is putting the cart before the horse. We must seek God first. Without a reliance on God and a willingness to abide individually and collectively by the rules He ordained, neither the Constitution, nor the force of the US military, nor any other resource will preserve us. I think we concur on that.

I do not interpret the verses from Deuteronomy or Matthew the same way that you do. Please note, I'm am by no means disputing the Bible's authority. I'm a literalist, and I firmly  believe 2 Timothy 3:16, which states that "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." If the words you quoted truly meant what you say they do, I agree that we as Christians would be obligated to follow that command. However, I firmly believe that this is a misconstruction of those verses. Each of the examples you gave talked about the sinfulness of adding to God's word. If this were to mean that we could never "Add" anything at all, it would be wrong for Christian parents to tell their children to clean up their toys, or eat their broccoli. It would be wrong for Christian employers to tell their employees to be on time, or to abide by a certain dress code. Under your reasoning, each of these would be "adding" to the Word and therefore, wrong. I simply cannot agree in this reasoning. To me it is clear that these verses address a real tendency in human nature, which is to add to, subtract from, or twist Scripture when it is deemed advantageous to do so. This is clearly sinful. When we attempt to make replace God's word with our own, we are guilty of usurping His prerogative. In ancient Israel this was particularly important.

I took a brief look at the link you provided, The Survival Plan. It struck me as very problematic, and, particularly, as guilty of adding to the Scriptures. There were numerous references to the Koran. It also references reincarnation, which is incompatible with Biblical teachings.

I don't see very much point in arguing about differences in worldview, but I am very happy to know that we are on the same page, if nowhere else, at least in so far as on the crucial subject of returning America to a saving faith in, and reliance upon God. Thanks again for your feedback!

4 minutes ago, Ilovethefounders said:

Hello, A Freeman! Thank you for reading and commenting. I'm glad you agree that a return to God is the only hope for our nation, but it seems that we disagree on quite a few of the specifics. So maybe, on opposite spectrums of the same side? I can't address all your points, but there are a few that stood out. You wrote that the biggest stumbling block to returning to God is a misconception that the US Constitution will lead us to Him. I don't know anyone who believes that, and I don't believe that it could ever be the "biggest" obstacle, but it would certainly be one. To me that is putting the cart before the horse. We must seek God first. Without a reliance on God and a willingness to abide individually and collectively by the rules He ordained, neither the Constitution, nor the force of the US military, nor any other resource will preserve us. I think we concur on that.

I do not interpret the verses from Deuteronomy or Matthew the same way that you do. Please note, I'm am by no means disputing the Bible's authority. I'm a literalist, and I firmly  believe 2 Timothy 3:16, which states that "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." If the words you quoted truly meant what you say they do, I agree that we as Christians would be obligated to follow that command. However, I firmly believe that this is a misconstruction of those verses. Each of the examples you gave talked about the sinfulness of adding to God's word. If this were to mean that we could never "Add" anything at all, it would be wrong for Christian parents to tell their children to clean up their toys, or eat their broccoli. It would be wrong for Christian employers to tell their employees to be on time, or to abide by a certain dress code. Under your reasoning, each of these would be "adding" to the Word and therefore, wrong. I simply cannot agree in this reasoning. To me it is clear that these verses address a real tendency in human nature, which is to add to, subtract from, or twist Scripture when it is deemed advantageous to do so. This is clearly sinful. When we attempt to make replace God's word with our own, we are guilty of usurping His prerogative. In ancient Israel this was particularly important.

I took a brief look at the link you provided, The Survival Plan. It struck me as very problematic, and, particularly, as guilty of adding to the Scriptures. There were numerous references to the Koran. It also references reincarnation, which is incompatible with Biblical teachings.

I don't see very much point in arguing about differences in worldview, but I am very happy to know that we are on the same page, if nowhere else, at least in so far as on the crucial subject of returning America to a saving faith in, and reliance upon God. Thanks again for your feedback!

You're welcome. Understood. The quotes from Deut. 4:2 and 12:32 are part of The Law and thus referring to The Law/Commandments. Matt. 5:17-18 refer to the same Law, as does Malachi 4. Hopefully we can agree that obedience to God is returning to Him, while continued disobedience to Him is not.

It may be of interest to you that in no less than a couple of dozen places in the Koran, it tells its readers they MUST read The Law and the Gospel which came before it. Most are unaware of that. 

All the best.

4 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Just felt I should mention the subject here since most are not aware of these facts. Also, maybe a few more facts that might be appropriate to this subject since people believed the founding fathers were so honest and true to the people whom they would eventually serve.

The United States never really won its freedoms from the British Monarchy. Long story short, the founding fathers and the British Monarchy both conspired on the outcome that we the people falsely witnessed. The American citizen never won this war and never drove the British out. Instead, the Monarchy remained in power just as they remain in power today.

The Internal Revenue Service collects illegal federal taxes and sends them back to a privately owned British bank who then loans these monies back to the US government who collected them in the first place at interest.

Obviously, our founding fathers were not directly involved in the federal reserve scandal, but the founding fathers; meaning those involved in big banking were anticipating the very idea of another government and it's citizens taking loans from them. It's the old, 'control the money, control the government, control the people' ploy.

I'm not saying that every single founding father was corrupt and a liar, but many were. Sadly, the honest founders were not able to see what was actually happening right under their noses. Our history was tainted and has now become completely jaded and people are unawares as to what the true history is concerning our founding fathers whom most were traitors. They were by no means, great men!

My entire point to my original post was to make a point, and that there is always two sides to any story. The one that we are indoctrinated with in our schools and that we are never allowed to question, and the real truth that we ourselves are placed in charge of finding for ourselves no matter where it may lead. Even if we are horrified by what we may discover.

Hello again CrypticMole! You say you mentioned the fact that almost all Founding Fathers were masons because, "most are not aware of these facts." I pointed out that most Founders were not, in fact, masons. Frankly, I do not think that we are going to see eye to eye on some of this. I can certainly agree with you that the Founding Fathers were not saints. They each had their own personal failings and their biases. Just as no one today has all the answers, or the perfect solution to every problem we face, neither did they.

You mention the IRS and the federal reserve. I had intended this to be the second in my series of posts called "Back to Basics." Its place will be probably be bumped down a notch or two because I really want to address the principle of noninterventionism after all this mess in Syria. The truth is that many Founders vigorously opposed the National Bank of 1791. Even George Washington, who signed the bill, was extremely torn on which way to decide, so much so that he asked Madison to draft a veto to the Bill. To make his decision, Washington sought advice from Madison, Jefferson, the Attorney General Edmund Randolph, and Alexander Hamilton. Each of the first 3 men believed the bill to be unconstitutional and dangerous. Only Hamilton argued in favor. Unfortunately, Washington chose to follow his advice. It is my opinion that Hamilton was probably a traitor. I will not dispute you if you call him corrupt or a liar. I have not seen any solid evidence to make the same claim about other Founders.

I agree with you that there are always 2 sides to a story. I would go farther and say that we are fortunate if there are only 2. I also believe that we must be careful in judging the Founders too harshly. Gouverneur Morris, a signatory to the Constitution, wrote "It is not easy to be wise for all times; not even for the present, much less for the future; and those, who judge of the past, must recollect that when it was present, the present was future." The Founders were in a situation entirely without precedent. The examples of history only gave direction on which paths not to follow, while providing very little clear instruction on a superior alternative. It would be most unjust to expect that they were to have all the answers. I tend to side more with the Antifederalists, who were prescient enough to foresee many of the difficulties that arose from the Constitution. I also am not so biased as to see that the Antifederalists did not have all the answers either, and that it's easier to find problems in any measure than to provide a remedy to them. So far, I do not see that you have provided much in the way of evidence that the Founding Fathers were, as you say, corrupt and dishonest. Until then, I am not sure that it is fair to ascribe to bad motives what could just as easily, and with much more evidence, be put down to human fallibility.

@Ilovethefounders , I realized how I first came off when I posted and wanted to apologize publically for all to see. 

First impressions mean everything and mine was a very bad example and not so friendly.

I hope that we can continue to communicate further in the future on many such topics.

Anyway, I would like to formally welcome you to this forum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.