Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

LuckyBolt

Protest Watch

Just seeing the calls for anti-war protests flow on Twitter.

This is what worries me because now they have all their groups lined up and furious against Trump and the conservative base.  Those of the right who feel duped are going to let their emotions unwrap.  THIS could be the start of some civil unrest in the US.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Doubt it.. 

Civil war is like niburu,  not gonna happen.

I said "Civil Unrest" - not war. 

(((They))) haven't pulled that trigger quite yet which would be signaled through the markets.

2 hours ago, LuckyBolt said:

This is what worries me because now they have all their groups lined up and furious against Trump and the conservative base.  Those of the right who feel duped are going to let their emotions unwrap.  THIS could be the start of some civil unrest in the US.

I'm not on twitter and don't frequent it much, what are you seeing? The left, right, or both calling for anti-war protests?

I don't want the regime change of Assad. He's a walking dead man right now. Just like Gadhaffi (sp?). Just like Saddam Hussein. And others. And others to come after him because there is a list of countries. N. Korea wasn't on that list. I think there's a list we didn't get to see yet. 

6 minutes ago, Mindzen said:

I'm not on twitter and don't frequent it much, what are you seeing? The left, right, or both calling for anti-war protests?

#handsoffsyria

There is one at the White House and outside Trump Tower in NY.  Not sure where else at the moment.  I'm going to assume heavy liberal base with some anti-war conservatives.  As expected.

The days of blocking highways,protesting/rioting are over with this .. not gonna happen

And I thought this was about Gorsuch, silly me.......

7 hours ago, LuckyBolt said:

They are going to be marching in Dallas on Sunday but not a anti-war protest. Then again, maybe they will add anti-war to their list too.

100,000 Expected At North Texas Immigration Reform Mega March

The organizers of the Immigration Reform Mega March in Dallas are hoping for a big turnout on Sunday afternoon, expecting some 100,000 people to walk through the streets of downtown.

Organizers and participants are calling for an end to executive orders discriminating against Muslims and what they say are “aggressive” deportation efforts by the federal government.

Dallas Mega March Coordinator Domingo Garcia said, “I think it’s important that as many people as possible come and send a message to Washington D.C. that it’s time to pass immigration reform, that using immigration as a wedge tactic doesn’t work and it only divides Americans, as opposed to bringing us together.”

Those going out to participate in the march and rally are being encouraged to wear red, white and blue.

The record for the largest civil rights march in Texas history was set back in 2006. That rally drew half a million people.

Large crowds like these create a giant security challenge for the Dallas Police Department. After the Dallas police ambush last summer, and other attacks like the Boston Marathon bombings, extra measures are being taken to make sure that the Sunday event remains peaceful.

Police watch towers were already in place early Friday morning, and Homeland Security agents toured the city’s public transit rail lines even earlier in the week. Organizers insisted that police, federal agents and other law officials were preparing for any safety issues that might arise.

More:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/04/07/dallas-police-ready-for-immigration-reform-mega-march/

This is coming soon but it's about the border contracts and prototypes. Article SEEMS to say that this is going to kick off next Tuesday. It was written this past Tuesday (April 4) to add to the confusion. Anyway, this might be huge.  They will definitely be protesting during the day of the bidding process. When they start building the prototypes, they'll be out again. Then when wall construction really starts, again. 

http://abc7.com/news/border-wall-contractors-brace-for-hostile-site/1835109/

Here's some anti-war protests in this article:

Anti-war groups protest U.S. strikes in Syria

http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/2017/04/07/anti-war-groups-protest-us-strikes-syria/100173592/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.