Jump to content
Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGK

Is War Good For The Economy?

Recommended Posts

 CGK    2,586

That is a good question. Some say yes and others say no.

If we get into a full on "conventional" war I suspect it will boost our economy and create lots of jobs. We need more bombs, planes, ships, tanks, guns etc. Farmers will need to supply food to the troops. Price of oil will go up because we have to power our military machines. Drill baby Drill!

We will need lots of new uniforms too. We don't have enough enlisted folks to fight a war so the draft will have to be implemented. The draft will solve a lot of problems too. Men and women between the age of 18 and 27 will need to register for service and head off to basic training. The educated will get desk jobs and the rest will get guns and boots.

The draft takes most of the gang members off the streets or puts them in jail. Illegals will knock each other down trying to get back across the border because they have no intention of fighting for the US.

Sounds to me like this Syria thing was a well thought out plan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 CGK    2,586

Oh I forgot that we can use those FEMA camps to house all the Muslim sympathizers in the USA.  Just like those relocation camps we held the Japs, Germans and Italians in during WW2.

Some one has to run and supply the camps...MORE JOBS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 five    338
7 minutes ago, CGK said:

That is a good question. Some say yes and others say no.

If we get into a full on "conventional" war I suspect it will boost our economy and create lots of jobs. We need more bombs, planes, ships, tanks, guns etc. Farmers will need to supply food to the troops. Price of oil will go up because we have to power our military machines. Drill baby Drill!

We will need lots of new uniforms too. We don't have enough enlisted folks to fight a war so the draft will have to be implemented. The draft will solve a lot of problems too. Men and women between the age of 18 and 27 will need to register for service and head off to basic training. The educated will get desk jobs and the rest will get guns and boots.

The draft takes most of the gang members off the streets or puts them in jail. Illegals will knock each other down trying to get back across the border because they have no intention of fighting for the US.

Sounds to me like this Syria thing was a well thought out plan!

I would argue that war is very good for an economy as long as that economy is of world reserve currency status. Whatever you build, you gotta export. Best to do it with reserve that matters. For now at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 CGK    2,586

The Way We Won: America's Economic Breakthrough During World War II

America's response to World War II was the most extraordinary mobilization of an idle economy in the history of the world. During the war 17 million new civilian jobs were created, industrial productivity increased by 96 percent, and corporate profits after taxes doubled. The government expenditures helped bring about the business recovery that ;had eluded the New Deal. War needs directly consumed over one-third of the output of industry, but the expanded productivity ensured a remarkable supply of consumer goods to the people as well. America was the only that saw an expansion of consumer goods despite wartime rationing. BY 1944, as a result of wage increases and overtime pay, real weekly wages before taxes in manufacturing were 50 percent higher than in 1939. The war also created entire new technologies, industries, and associated human skills.

Lots More: http://prospect.org/article/way-we-won-americas-economic-breakthrough-during-world-war-ii

This is a very good but long article if anyone is interested in reading it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ronin    177

if you're a unprincipled degenerate, and decidedly stupid asshole. yeh i guess so.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 CGK    2,586
Just now, Ronin said:

if you're a unprincipled degenerate, and decidedly stupid asshole. yeh i guess so.

 

 

Im not sure who or what that comment is directed towards.

Im being a bit sarcastic and pointing out that what is currently happening with the US/Russia banging war drums is right out of the WW1, WW2, and Korea play book.

We live in a new world but the old war dogs only have one tried and true plan which it appears, they are in the process of rolling out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ronin    177
14 minutes ago, CGK said:

Im not sure who or what that comment is directed towards.

Im being a bit sarcastic and pointing out that what is currently happening with the US/Russia banging war drums is right out of the WW1, WW2, and Korea play book.

We live in a new world but the old war dogs only have one tried and true plan which it appears, they are in the process of rolling out.

thank f**k. because i read it a few times and wasn't sure. :blush:

 

:smiley_flowers:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 five    338
28 minutes ago, Ronin said:

if you're a unprincipled degenerate, and decidedly stupid asshole. yeh i guess so.

 

 

You got the asshole part right. Doesn't change facts. Economics 101 and Morality 101 aren't exactly good bedfellows. Sad but true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ronin    177
2 minutes ago, five said:

You got the asshole part right. Doesn't change facts. Economics 101 and Morality 101 aren't exactly good bedfellows. Sad but true.

well if you can't have both... then best people choose wisely.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 RhetoricalRebel    1,332

Historically it tends to be If you win.

Not so much if you lose except for Japan, Germany after WII where the US rebuilt them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 five    338
47 minutes ago, Kral said:

it depends on who wins, stupid.

Where is red. Where the f**k is red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jump To Top
×