Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

garlic

Duterte orders military to occupy South China Sea areas

Oh look what Duterte is up to.

The Philippines will be shoring up its presence in the South China Sea as President Duterte has ordered the military to occupy at least nine Philippine-controlled islands to make a "strong point" about the country’s sovereignty over these areas. 

During a press briefing in Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Duterte said that there is a need to maintain jurisdiction over the disputed waters.

"We tried to be friends with everybody but we have to maintain our jurisdiction now, at least the areas under our control. And I have ordered the armed forces to occupy all – these so many islands, I think nine or ten – build structures and place the Philippine flag," Duterte said after delivering a speech before soldiers at Camp Artemio Ricarte.

More: http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/04/06/1688271/duterte-orders-military-occupy-south-china-sea-areas

I guess he is using those ships King Putt gave the PI to take over the islands.

Duterte is taking advantage that Xi is in the US with Trump and less likely to act until he returns to China.

44 minutes ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

Duterte is taking advantage that Xi is in the US with Trump and less likely to act until he returns to China.

You can bet there is a deal being made about NK, and the deal probably has something to do with the south china seas as well, things are heating up, with the hit on syria, that could be the deal maker or breaker, we will know shortly!

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Taiwan is also in that vicinity, they have issues with China, too. 

My dear Cinn, mistress of understatement. Rock on!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.