Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Anti-Trump right and left warily seek ways to unite

Ukshep    17,166

In battling against Trump, activists have also targeted cherished conservative causes. They've flooded town halls to demand that Congress not repeal the Affordable Care Act -- a longtime goal of conservatives well before Trump -- and to oppose Trump's Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch, who is also popular on the right.

Still, organizers say they're also trying to reach out to people beyond the left.

"We're seeing people in quite red districts who are organizing to resist the Trump agenda," said Ezra Levin, co-founder of Indivisible, the resistance movement that boasts at least two chapters in every congressional district across the country. "We're hearing about people who are independents and Republicans coming together."

Evan McMullin, a former congressional aide who ran a quixotic third party presidential candidacy as a choice of anti-Trump conservatives in November, said it's still early, but initial conversations between the left and right are already underway.

McMullin would not detail those discussions, though he noted that both sides could unite on issues like the president's refusal to release his tax returns, the subject of nationwide demonstrations planned for April 15. "It shouldn't be so new for people on the left and the right to make contacts in the defense of democracy, but it feels like East Germans making contact with West Germans through a hole in the Berlin Wall," McMullin said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ANTI_TRUMP_LEFT__RIGHT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-06-02-11-33

Some people can be against trump. I myself am not 100% but I see actions he makes and they are clearly against the people aka loss of rights and preparing a strong war economy and leading us down a path very similar to others in history. This effort to mobilize against him to me in larger numbers has me on edge... Faction vs Faction warfare. You can no longer trust right or left (not that you ever could, but usually they stuck to one side. Now they are all over.) thus how does one ever know which is the legitimate view of the people. And which is the view of the agenda or op in progress!

Jump To Top