Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
marlowe

Has USGS altered historic data so as not to panic the people as major quakes have risen by more than 400% since 1900?

Rate this topic

marlowe    1,497

Yes...It looks like they have.....

Have the United States Geological Survey altered historic data on their website so as not to panic the people as major quakes have risen by more than 400% since 1900?

http://www.thebigwobble.org/2017/04/have-united-states-geological-survey.html

It is a well-known fact that the United States Geological Survey  (USGS) have gone on record as saying major quakes are not increasing, they have stated that no such increase has been detected around the world.

Because this topic is so often debated USGS issued a press release claiming major quake increases are not occurring.

- snip -

• Like 2

LuckyBolt    1,084

I wonder if he took into account the number of seismographs that have been placed around the world, which would theoretically detect more earthquakes?  I'm not an expert in this field and how they've measured those earthquakes, but it's like saying that crime has gone up (and it may be arguable), but statistics have shown that crime has gone down.  What has gone up is the amount of coverage and rapid exchange of info.

abigfatzero    1,706

Matthew 24:6-8King James Version (KJV)

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24%3A6-8&version=KJV

Ukshep    14,450

They have been altering them as they come as the downgrades always happen but the obfuscation is not too dense. From what I have witnessed they lower the numbers to lessen panic. But they do not seem to be removing data or much else. I would imagine if they were going to be altering the data in a way to hide something from us they would have done a better job.

Because anyone with a brain can see the uptick just recently in the avg magnitude of frequent quakes every increasing. Normal is now 6+ and normal used to be 3-4+. And we are heading into times that could see a rise in frequent 6+m and maybe even 8+m quakes!

Uncle Thanky    691

Well, of course They did. They always Do. They only tell us that which makes them look good.

OK. Soap Box auto deploy. Deactivated.

For the last few years, I've noticed cracks appearing in the roads where I live.

There are many possible causes:

#1) The Earth really is an Egg and is about to Hatch.

#2) The Expanding Earth Theory is correct and we are in a period of rapid (in geologic time scale) expansion.

#3) Fracking

HAND

Uncle Nobby    1,056
6 hours ago, Uncle Thanky said:

There are many possible causes:

#1) The Earth really is an Egg and is about to Hatch.

#2) The Expanding Earth Theory is correct and we are in a period of rapid (in geologic time scale) expansion.

#3) Fracking

2 and 3 are real and could explain an awful lot. 1 is great, but what would the Earth hatch into ???

Uncle Thanky    691
35 minutes ago, Uncle Nobby said:

2 and 3 are real and could explain an awful lot. 1 is great, but what would the Earth hatch into ???

I do not know. Hope I get to see.