Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

garlic

BREAKING: F-16 crashed near Andrews Air Force Base

This is not a good place for a jet to crash!

A small jet has crashed about two miles south of Joint Base Andrews, a fire official said about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The pilot ejected from the plane using a parachute and first responders have located that pilot. That persons's condition is unknown.

Military Aircraft down in area of Temple Hills RD & Woodells Ct. 1 pilot reported to have parachuted out

More: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/F15-Jet-Crashes-Near-Joint-Base-Andrews-418341923.html

2 minutes ago, CGK said:

This is not a good place for a jet to crash!

A small jet has crashed about two miles south of Joint Base Andrews, a fire official said about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The pilot ejected from the plane using a parachute and first responders have located that pilot. That persons's condition is unknown.

Military Aircraft down in area of Temple Hills RD & Woodells Ct. 1 pilot reported to have parachuted out

More: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/F15-Jet-Crashes-Near-Joint-Base-Andrews-418341923.html

Just posted also

Now they don't know if it was a F-16 or F-15. How about someone call the base and ask what  plane has fallen off the radar.

The Prince George’s County Fire Department is investigating a military aircraft down in the area of Piscataway and Steed Road in Clinton, Maryland.

There are conflicting reports about what type of a military plane it is.

WTOP’s news partner NBC4 says it was an F-15, National Guard plane.

More: http://wtop.com/prince-georges-county/2017/04/plane-southern-maryland/

Just now, Zing said:

Just posted also

COP really is the go to place for Breaking news. Our members are on top of everything!

4 minutes ago, winter squash said:

Someone really wants war

First I-85, now this.

Unlikely a hostile act.

Not totally impossible

Bear in mind, a single engine, fly-by-wire, inherently unstable fighter, with a flame out shortly after take off, is basically a lawn dart no matter the pilot or circumstance.

Heard a number of aircraft last night in MD (woke me) and internet was out after midnight.  The thought did occur to me that planes were leaving/arriving at Andrews AFB.

Hear aircraft in the distance now.

51 minutes ago, Zing said:

Heard a number of aircraft last night in MD (woke me) and internet was out after midnight.  The thought did occur to me that planes were leaving/arriving at Andrews AFB.

Hear aircraft in the distance now.

J/B-A issued a statement informing the public to BOLO for parts of the aircraft and if found do not touch/remove and to please call J/B-A.

Don't be surprised if it's announced there was a mechanical malfunction, possibly shedding parts before angering in, and the aircraft you hear are looking for said parts.

Theres also the possibility the plane was carrying something wing mounted that was lost before crash.

Edit: live presser taking place approx 1 mile from crash site.

It was stated there is debris in locations not directly associated with the impact site.

Helicopter just flew overhead heading from southeast to west, away from Andrews.  Plane noise still.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.