Jump to content
Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Why North Korea Is Probably Going to Be Trump’s First War

Recommended Posts

 Cinnamon    22,835

By now most people are completely desensitized to stories involving North Korea. One can only hear about so many blustering threats, missile launches, and state sanctioned executions, before those incidents are no longer surprising. Over the years we’ve seen it all, and most folks don’t really pay much attention to what’s going on in the Hermit Kingdom. That’s unfortunate, because they’re not paying attention as the Trump administration inches towards war with North Korea.

The first definite sign that the current administration was going to take a different approach to North Korea, was when Secretary of State Rex Tillerson stated emphatically last month that “all options are on the table.”

“Let me be very clear. The policy of strategic patience has ended. We are exploring a new range of diplomatic, security and economic measures. All options are on the table,” Tillerson told reporters during a joint news conference with South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se on Friday.

“Certainly we do not want to, for things to get to military conflict,” Tillerson said.

However, he went on to say that “if they (North Korea) elevate the threat of their weapons program to a level that we believe requires action, then, that option’s on the table.”

He added that a “comprehensive set of capabilities” is being developed to deal with the country.

<snip>

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/why-north-korea-is-probably-going-to-be-trumps-first-war_04042017

I don't think the reason for war is what they are saying it is. It never is. Not so far. Why is N. Korea any different?  It's not on the PNAC list, either.  You have to scare the people to get them to go to war for you. Iraq was a lie, Syria and all the rest. Are we going to have millions of N. Korean refugees next?  Or is it all posturing so N. Korea can get money to survive? Or are they terrified of the U.S. and shoot themselves in the foot with threats?  It seems very stupid to me to pick a fight with the U.S. if you are N. Korea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NK i s a major power they have sunk money into cyber warfare and UAVs and I'm talking about fully automated flying armed drones tanks etc their cyber warfare division rivals chinas in fact which puts ours to shame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What good is a 1980s tank when it can be remote controlled to fire on its own troops or even our aircraft carriers and state of the art destroyers when both China and Russia have shut them down in sorties with air craft mounted equipment our entire command and control system is a complete target shit in 2009 titan rain stole the plans for the f35 along with much more data now they are mass producing the J20 look familiar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most st of nk is underground it would be like fighting army ants very advanced well trained army ants with thousands of years of experience fighting on the own ground a blood bath preliminary casualties state we would lose 30,000 troops in the first 72 hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Guitar Doc    1,231

The history of the Three Kingdoms always involved N Korea playing the other two off against each other or switching alliances. N Korea did it with Russia and China. Chinese Communism split with Russian communism, behind the Iron curtain  you couldn't trade wit the rest of the world, you were excluded from the international banking scene. No Korea always had to cosy up to Russia or China to trade with, and when one had an ideological split you had to make careful choices. Somehow N Korea is still N Korea not Chinese N Korea or Russian N Korea.

They got screwed by the Rothschilds and Russians. Given loans to mine minerals they then couldn't do as expected because they were still too peasant based. They up-skilled their workers since then. Far too late. The Rothschilds tend to get their pound of flesh one way or another.

 

N Korea had a lot of overseas trusts set up so they could do business. As they do not have a Rothschild central bank they are blocked from international banking so it is extremely difficult for them to do trade which is why they are doing. They are negotiating to get in and stay out of the boiling pot. I don't think N Korea wants a war, they want to be included in international banking without having to have the Rothschild Clan bank running their dollar. They are trying to sabre rattle their way in.

The nuclear materiel they have been given is known, every nuclear material has a unique radioactive signature. It is Israeli supplied. Story is it is from US artillery Nukes developed years back. They are small and only have a short span of years before they have exceeded the half life required for them to still work. The Israelis had them, realized their shelf live was close to zero so they off loaded them to N Korea via cut-outs. At first N Korea was less than happy, then they worked out they could combine from more than one. A few tests didn't go so good and they rest have.

They really need to do some CT reading those N Korean intel guys.

 

N Korea is a major port and has potential for Russia. Russia has always desired it, they have very few ice free ports over winter for exporting. The west has denied them as many of those ports as they could. Europe still remembers who they really are, the Rus people who conquered Ukraine and later Russia were Vikings. They named Kiev, it was their capital. Russia has all claim to Ukraine, they founded it. The Rus people enslaved the Slavs who were the nomadic Russian farmers. Keeping N Korea down is as much as about denying Russia ownership of those ports as anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 COBO Member    3,345
54 minutes ago, Mjolnirswrath23 said:

Most st of nk is underground it would be like fighting army ants very advanced well trained army ants with thousands of years of experience fighting on the own ground a blood bath preliminary casualties state we would lose 30,000 troops in the first 72 hours

Gee, Mr. Happy! Can we get some more of your warm'n'fuzzy optimism?

Those of us that grew up during the cold war well remember both the fact and fiction of the "what ifs". Not to mention the veterans of WWII constantly stating the US should either get serious in Vietnam or get out.

The difference this time is you've got "poor little Kim" who's seen his country shat upon by so many others. And he's determined to show us all what a brilliant military tactician he is.

There's no denying he has the manpower and materiel to wreak havoc on RoK, Japan, and possibly the US. And yeah, I heard the stories of entire air bases cut into the sides of mountains. You think we don't know where each one exists...assuming they do. Your estimates of 30K troops gone in 72hrs assumes he pulls the trigger first. Doesn't mean we have to let him. At this point, I'll support a first strike.

As I've stated before, one sub could launch a minimum of 6 conventionally armed SLBM's. If you wanted to really strike a chord, make it a baker's dozen. Have the Aegis destroyers launch to take out those mysterious satellites, and what do you have left? I'm sure any NK subs out there have been ID'd and designated as targets to be dispatched post haste.

JFK made the Russians blink, Reagan had them convinced Star Wars was real, and I suspect if we went ahead and took out the trash in NK, I suspect Trump and Putin would silently wink and nod towards each other. The eagle and the bear can shut down any dragons and camels.

Rant. Off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 apache54    4,837
7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

By now most people are completely desensitized to stories involving North Korea. One can only hear about so many blustering threats, missile launches, and state sanctioned executions, before those incidents are no longer surprising. Over the years we’ve seen it all, and most folks don’t really pay much attention to what’s going on in the Hermit Kingdom. That’s unfortunate, because they’re not paying attention as the Trump administration inches towards war with North Korea.

The first definite sign that the current administration was going to take a different approach to North Korea, was when Secretary of State Rex Tillerson stated emphatically last month that “all options are on the table.”

“Let me be very clear. The policy of strategic patience has ended. We are exploring a new range of diplomatic, security and economic measures. All options are on the table,” Tillerson told reporters during a joint news conference with South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se on Friday.

“Certainly we do not want to, for things to get to military conflict,” Tillerson said.

However, he went on to say that “if they (North Korea) elevate the threat of their weapons program to a level that we believe requires action, then, that option’s on the table.”

He added that a “comprehensive set of capabilities” is being developed to deal with the country.

<snip>

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/why-north-korea-is-probably-going-to-be-trumps-first-war_04042017

I don't think the reason for war is what they are saying it is. It never is. Not so far. Why is N. Korea any different?  It's not on the PNAC list, either.  You have to scare the people to get them to go to war for you. Iraq was a lie, Syria and all the rest. Are we going to have millions of N. Korean refugees next?  Or is it all posturing so N. Korea can get money to survive? Or are they terrified of the U.S. and shoot themselves in the foot with threats?  It seems very stupid to me to pick a fight with the U.S. if you are N. Korea. 

Agreed, I see no way they could stop the firing of all the weapons that are trained on SK, I say IF we do a premptive strike on NK, there will MASS death in both countries. maybe that is waht they want, OR maybe WE have new toys and they want Russia and China to see what they can do? looks like we are going to find out, there is TOO MUCH talk about it.something is gonna happen over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Quick1966    1,213
5 hours ago, COBO Member said:

JFK made the Russians blink, Reagan had them convinced Star Wars was real, and I suspect if we went ahead and took out the trash in NK, I suspect Trump and Putin would silently wink and nod towards each other. The eagle and the bear can shut down any dragons and camels.

:iagree:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 sybdragon    1,505

The USA is at war with N. Korea. We have been for a long time now. We are at war with N. Korea.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/49726/10-things-you-might-not-know-about-korean-war

Snippet: 10. The Korean War never ended.
On July 27, 1953, American Lieutenant General William Harrison, Jr. and North Korean General Nam Il signed the Korean Armistice Agreement, ending “all acts of armed force” in Korea, until both sides were able to find a “final peaceful settlement.” The agreement was notably not a peace treaty, but rather, a ceasefire. Sixty years later, it seems we are no closer to a peaceful ending of the conflict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 COBO Member    3,345
48 minutes ago, sybdragon said:

The USA is at war with N. Korea. We have been for a long time now. We are at war with N. Korea.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/49726/10-things-you-might-not-know-about-korean-war

Snippet: 10. The Korean War never ended.
On July 27, 1953, American Lieutenant General William Harrison, Jr. and North Korean General Nam Il signed the Korean Armistice Agreement, ending “all acts of armed force” in Korea, until both sides were able to find a “final peaceful settlement.” The agreement was notably not a peace treaty, but rather, a ceasefire. Sixty years later, it seems we are no closer to a peaceful ending of the conflict.

One only has to visit Seoul during the holidays to understand there's never been peace on the peninsula.

I flew into Kimpo airport in September and was somewhat surprised that security was using wooden silouettes to keep their holsters in shape. Guard towers surround the facility. But that time of year they were all unmanned.

Jump to December when up to 50% of US troops take holiday vacation. The NorKs have moved huge numbers of men and machines right down to the DMZ. Seoul is but 5min away by air and obviously less by artillery or missiles. Air raid sirens are all tied together across the RoK and are tested incessantly.

If you go on up to visit the 38th parallel, you might be shocked at the morale of the troops. If they're on guard duty, sobriety could be questionable. And off-duty, all bets are off. It's not hard to see that being on that razor's edge takes its' toll.

Awesome show that it was, (as a Vietnam War protest) too many think they completely understand the Korean War from watching MASH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×