Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Instagram users: we’ve created the most narcissistic social network on the planet

Cinnamon    22,787

<snip>

These venues may be doing these selfie-lovers a service. People who post selfies on social networks like Instagram and Facebook are more likely to exhibit what some psychologists call the “dark triad” of personality traits, according to two previous studies of nearly 1,200 men and women who completed personality tests and answered questions on their online habits. This dark triad consists of narcissism (extreme self-centeredness), Machiavellianism (manipulation of others) and psychopathy (acting impulsively with no regard for other people’s feelings), they noted. (Spokespersons for Instagram and Facebook were not immediately available for comment.)

<snip>

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/beware-of-people-who-always-post-selfies-on-facebook-2015-07-16

Selfies are being banned in some places.  Hmm... narcissism.. check!  manipulation.. check!  psychopathy... check!  Covers a lot of people I know offline! 

Robomont    144

I would be nothing without those traits.i would be less than nothing,i would be sheep.uggg!