Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COZMO

US internet providers pledge to not sell customer data after controversial rule change

COZMO    462

APRIL'S FOOL :scream1:  https://www.rt.com/usa/383102-internet-providers-fcc-privacy-change/ :gsbrnint: Nah Really!

The three major US Internet Service Providers (ISPs) Comcast Corp, Verizon Communications Inc, and AT&T Inc have pledged to protect the private data of US citizens in solidarity against the latest internet bill passed by Congress.

"We do not sell our broadband customers’ individual web browsing history. We did not do it before the FCC’s rules were adopted, and we have no plans to do so," said Gerard Lewis, Comcast's chief privacy officer, as cited by Reuters.

Bill S.J. Res. 34 reverses a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) ruling passed under the Obama administration that required ISPs to seek customer’s permission before sharing browsing history and other sensitive data such as geolocation, financial, health and children's information.

Verizon is committed to your privacy : https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-committed-your-privacy

OUR COMMITMENT TO CONSUMER PRIVACY : http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/our-commitment-to-consumer-privacy

AT & T Public Policy Blog : https://www.attpublicpolicy.com/privacy/reversing-obamas-fcc-regulations-a-path-to-consumer-friendly-privacy-protections/

Both AT&T and Comcast also published similar statements showing a unified front in the face of perceived governmental overreach and to allay fears among their customers.

Zacharia did address the two programs Verizon operates in which it does share user information but emphasized that the company "de-identified information” so that only aggregate and statistical, rather than personal, information is shared with marketers.

The controversial privacy bill received no support from Democrats and even had 10 Republicans dissenting, but was still passed given the current political dynamic in congress.

President Donald Trump has yet to sign the bill into law but is expected to do so in the coming week.:tissuespls:

Cinnamon    23,080

:bananafire: I wanna call you a name right now but it's against the guidelines and I'd have to give meself a warnin'.  :upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon: << that's weird lol

EDIT: They're all data miners and they're all lying.  That is my conclusion. I am not cynical, just realistic.

CSB    2,038

Trusting a corporation is like trusting a rabid dog in time it will bite ... And I may add that by making it legal to sell information laws can now be implemented to force the release of it with out intrusion of the 4th amendment  ... 

We shall see how this plays out  

COZMO    462

I just checked and read my internet providers privacy policy and I've been :banana-fk: long time ago :scream1:

Cinnamon    23,080
13 minutes ago, COZMO said:

I just checked and read my internet providers privacy policy and I've been :banana-fk: long time ago :scream1:

Yeh, like how many times are you going to steal their unwanted trademark? Love their legalese, no wonder people are nuts.

abigfatzero    2,449

Gee, that's funny, since they have been planning for this as far back as 2006.

Now, all of a sudden, "they have seen the light".

Well, okey dokey then.

Doomsday For The Internet As We Know It?

Paul Joseph Watson/PrisonPlanet.com | February 6 2006

The first wave will simply attempt to price people out of using the conventional Internet and force people over to Internet 2, a state regulated hub where permission will need to be obtained directly from an FCC or government bureau to set up a website. (Internet ID and a License to drive on the cyber super highway)

The original Internet will then be turned into a mass surveillance database and marketing tool. The Nation magazine reported last week, "Verizon, Comcast, Bell South and other communications giants are developing strategies that would track and store information on our every move in cyberspace in a vast data-collection and marketing system, the scope of which could rival the National Security Agency. (Current Bill in Congress) According to white papers now being circulated in the cable, telephone and telecommunications industries, those with the deepest pockets--corporations, special-interest groups and major advertisers--would get preferred treatment. Content from these providers would have first priority on our computer and television screens, while information seen as undesirable, such as peer-to-peer communications, could be relegated to a slow lane or simply shut out." (And so called "fake news")

https://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2006/060206internetdoomsday.htm

kbet    844
6 hours ago, CSB said:

Trusting a corporation is like trusting a rabid dog in time it will bite ... And I may add that by making it legal to sell information laws can now be implemented to force the release of it with out intrusion of the 4th amendment  ... 

We shall see how this plays out  

It is going to lead to a secret citizen rating system, like in China. That is the end goal. Add a super computer+ sufficient AI, and you can find all the people who are being pains to their agenda. The brief resistance against them is over. Using algorithms, they will be able to determine the people "stirring the pot", and then work to ostracize, and then eliminate them. They are putting the genie back into the bottle, and will be able to move "full steam ahead" on there agenda within a year or less.

Not only that, imagine how the J people, will use this data to harass people that refuse to bow down to lies. How the technocrats will use this data, and how the Sheik backed, islamic extremists will use this data. Coupled with, all the devices connected to the internet, Jesus Christ's warning/prophecy, has now fully come to pass. How there will be no secret things anymore within ones home, how every whisper will be heard. It is getting close, the only saving grace, all those Congress members sold their souls to Satan already, so will burn. Still, that is of little comfort, as a boot will be put on our throats, and many will be persecuted, physically beaten/mutilated, and killed, as a result of this "law".

This is literally the complete end of our free society, and the last shred protecting our constitutional way of life. If this passes(if Trump signs it), Republican en masse, need to leave the Republican Party in protest. As this law, effectively proves the Republican Party, is nothing more then controlled opposition in the absolute sense.

schon    778
12 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

:bananafire: I wanna call you a name right now but it's against the guidelines and I'd have to give meself a warnin'.  :upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon: << that's weird lol

EDIT: They're all data miners and they're all lying.  That is my conclusion. I am not cynical, just realistic.

:iagree: