Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew30

I think my dad is going to die

Andrew30    5

My dad has end stage, terminal lung cancer, he's also very hard of hearing because of nerve damage caused by some mishap during the removal of a benign tumor about 20 years ago.

He's talking funny.

He just now said to me that God told him not to put in his hearing aids, because then he will be listening to all the evil in the world, instead of to god.

I told him that You're the one who watches the news all the time, instead of watching other things.....  its not everyday that somebody who survives walking their dog at the park makes the news bulletins.

You're the one who sat there day after day listening to Donald Trump and his f**king evil pack of bullshit.

You never turn on Animal Planet, you never turn on the Discovery Channel, you never turn on ESPN, you never turn on the National Geographic Channel, you never turn on the Science Channel, you never on MTV, you never turn on the Comedy channel.... its always news, news and news... well what's news ?  

There's an old saying... no news is good news.

Well there is ALWAYS news and there will always be.

You have to take control of yourself.

Complete innocence is an attribute of three things....  babies, rabbits and retards, and since the world is dominated by neither of those, life is a balance.

Walking around deliberately deaf instead of having some trouble hearing, sounds to me like you think you're going to die... and you're depressed over it and you don't want to say anything about it to me.

As far as this god character of yours... let me tell you a little story about him.

Every time he ever showed up in my life, something bad always happened....  When my mom told me that one day, the day before a doctor's appointment.. god is going to "take her home"... she died when I was 15 years old, the day before a doctor's appointment.

So you're goddamn right I'm worried and now I'm pissed off... and afraid.

He asked me why.

And so I said...  if you die right now...   I got about a $900 automatic inheritance to get the f**k out of here with, and NO time to do anything to get myself situated, except to call the cops and report you dead, keep you here until morning so that I can call your hospice case manager and have her call Memphis, Tennessee so that they can come pick you up to bring you to the University to be studied and then call my Sister and tell her the news, and then call my aunt to come get me.

And that letter that I sent to the bank in Pennsylvania, isn't going to be there for another 3 f**king weeks....  the USPS today sucks... and eventually it might not exist anymore.

I'll just simply have to find something, or think of something.

And starting right now today, I might have just barely FOUR until the rent is due... and I don't four weeks to spare, and I can't keep the SSA waiting a month so that I can rob them of 2 extra grand, I'll have to shut down your social security number today... leaving me with an apartment that I can't afford until next month when I have to default on the lease.

All that shit is the least of my worries...

Then he talks about how evil is all around him and us...

He points to an advertisement... and he says that the advertisement is evil...   it was a pizza ad....   I said,  yes pop... business managers are not in business of selling two medium pizzas with just as much stuff on it as you want, a whole mess of chicken wings and 6 giant cheese filled breadsticks for $19.99 and a giant Hershey's chocolate chip brownie for $5.99...  its my job as a customer to hold the manager accountable to the business program that he is representative of.

If he wants more money for it, it is worth more money... he needs to stop sending me advertisements for a $19.99 plus tax  sack of groceries.

So what really is making you refuse to put your hearing aids in ?

You're making me worried that you feel like you're going to die.

:p

What should I do ?

Robomont    144

Nursing home at end of lease,look for work now for fallback position.plan now so no surprises later.you know whats coming and time is not on your side.

Jostler    2,216

man, with you around I can understand why Dad might want to do a runner sooner than later.  I'd say he has it pretty tough being elderly, in decline and knowing he has no one around that loves or might assist him in enjoying the life he has left.

Choosing to tune in to God a bit more might be the best possible lesson he could portray for you right now.

Robomont    144

Its hard to squeeze the love out with ornery ol folks,like senile dogs you cant put down.
I bet poster above wouldnt last 2 weeks with your dad.be arrested for murder.the old fuggers can sure test a persons patience.

Zing    904

At least you had your mother for 15 years.  Be grateful for that.  Your father is living life, apparently, the way he wants.  He doesn't owe you anything at this point in his life.  Love and appreciate him as he is.  At some point, we all lose our parents.

I have 2 self-centered, selfish sons who say they love me, but really just want to use me, mostly.  Total strangers have done more for me.    Still supporting 30 yr old son, who last year started college to earn college degree.

Both sons criticize me for not doing enough or being enough--again, trying to manipulate me.  Husband passed.  

I have learned this simple truth--if they don't appreciate the small things done for them, they won't appreciate the big things.  So, the money I worked so hard for will be going to a worthy cause and sorry to say, my sons are not worthy.

thedudeabides    2,372
2 hours ago, Andrew30 said:

My dad has end stage, terminal lung cancer, he's also very hard of hearing because of nerve damage caused by some mishap during the removal of a benign tumor about 20 years ago.

He's talking funny.

He just now said to me that God told him not to put in his hearing aids, because then he will be listening to all the evil in the world, instead of to god.

I told him that You're the one who watches the news all the time, instead of watching other things.....  its not everyday that somebody who survives walking their dog at the park makes the news bulletins.

You're the one who sat there day after day listening to Donald Trump and his f**king evil pack of bullshit.

You never turn on Animal Planet, you never turn on the Discovery Channel, you never turn on ESPN, you never turn on the National Geographic Channel, you never turn on the Science Channel, you never on MTV, you never turn on the Comedy channel.... its always news, news and news... well what's news ?  

There's an old saying... no news is good news.

Well there is ALWAYS news and there will always be.

You have to take control of yourself.

Complete innocence is an attribute of three things....  babies, rabbits and retards, and since the world is dominated by neither of those, life is a balance.

Walking around deliberately deaf instead of having some trouble hearing, sounds to me like you think you're going to die... and you're depressed over it and you don't want to say anything about it to me.

As far as this god character of yours... let me tell you a little story about him.

Every time he ever showed up in my life, something bad always happened....  When my mom told me that one day, the day before a doctor's appointment.. god is going to "take her home"... she died when I was 15 years old, the day before a doctor's appointment.

So you're goddamn right I'm worried and now I'm pissed off... and afraid.

He asked me why.

And so I said...  if you die right now...   I got about a $900 automatic inheritance to get the f**k out of here with, and NO time to do anything to get myself situated, except to call the cops and report you dead, keep you here until morning so that I can call your hospice case manager and have her call Memphis, Tennessee so that they can come pick you up to bring you to the University to be studied and then call my Sister and tell her the news, and then call my aunt to come get me.

And that letter that I sent to the bank in Pennsylvania, isn't going to be there for another 3 f**king weeks....  the USPS today sucks... and eventually it might not exist anymore.

I'll just simply have to find something, or think of something.

And starting right now today, I might have just barely FOUR until the rent is due... and I don't four weeks to spare, and I can't keep the SSA waiting a month so that I can rob them of 2 extra grand, I'll have to shut down your social security number today... leaving me with an apartment that I can't afford until next month when I have to default on the lease.

All that shit is the least of my worries...

Then he talks about how evil is all around him and us...

He points to an advertisement... and he says that the advertisement is evil...   it was a pizza ad....   I said,  yes pop... business managers are not in business of selling two medium pizzas with just as much stuff on it as you want, a whole mess of chicken wings and 6 giant cheese filled breadsticks for $19.99 and a giant Hershey's chocolate chip brownie for $5.99...  its my job as a customer to hold the manager accountable to the business program that he is representative of.

If he wants more money for it, it is worth more money... he needs to stop sending me advertisements for a $19.99 plus tax  sack of groceries.

So what really is making you refuse to put your hearing aids in ?

You're making me worried that you feel like you're going to die.

:p

What should I do ?

I have never said this to anyone in my life. 

If you were to die, a horrible, fiery death, the world would be made a better place.  You are one evil, sadistic, son of a b*tch.

Brio    1,038

Wow. Call your Aunt to come get you? Seriously?

Quick1966    1,219
45 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

I have never said this to anyone in my life. 

If you were to die, a horrible, fiery death, the world would be made a better place.  You are one evil, sadistic, son of a b*tch.

Hey man! Don't hold back. Tell him how you really feel!:D

apache54    4,913
1 hour ago, Quick1966 said:

Hey man! Don't hold back. Tell him how you really feel!:D

so now you know why this world has become so screwed up! lots of sick people out there. and the worst part they think they are NORMAL!! and it is just fine to have views like his

Zing    904

An old man who lived with his wife across the street from me told me the world was evil.  I was in my 20s and didn't give his comments much thought as he was a good man.  He came from Ireland and was a mason and worked hard his entire life.  Though I hate to admit it, I'd agree that the world is ruled by evil people.  Doesn't mean I have to follow their example.

thedudeabides    2,372
47 minutes ago, apache54 said:

so now you know why this world has become so screwed up! lots of sick people out there. and the worst part they think they are NORMAL!! and it is just fine to have views like his

Was this towards me?

apache54    4,913
3 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Was this towards me?

NOPE! it is towards the person who wrote about his dad!