Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedudeabides

Where my book worms at?

thedudeabides    2,372

I love to read. I try to read 2 or 3 books a week. 

I am about to wrap up Alloy of the Law By Sanderson. He is an excellent Fantasy/sci fi Author. 

I just love his universe he has molded.  It blows Tolkien away. 

Next week I look to finish Bernard Cornwells  The Last Kingdom. I plan on buying the last two books on amazon tonight. 

Bobbers    199

I just finished a quick hit thriller by Frederick Forsyth called "The Kill List" and am about to start on "End of Days" by Robert Gleason.

VonLud    858

This is good and all the follow ups

A well-dressed man stalks the high-class neighborhoods of New York City. He is armed with an ice ax. His victims are strangers. And one cop, Captain Ed Delaney, must solve a series of bizarre murders that defy logic. ...

Originally published: 1973

Author: Lawrence Sanders

Edit: Duh, it's called The First Deadly Sin

Bobbers    199
19 hours ago, VonLud said:

This is good and all the follow ups

A well-dressed man stalks the high-class neighborhoods of New York City. He is armed with an ice ax. His victims are strangers. And one cop, Captain Ed Delaney, must solve a series of bizarre murders that defy logic. ...

Originally published: 1973

Author: Lawrence Sanders

Edit: Duh, it's called The First Deadly Sin

An excellent book.  And, if I recall correctly, Sinatra did a halfway credible job as the detective in the movie?  Regardless, good book.

And don't miss "The Tomorrow File", also by Sanders, for his interesting take on what the future, viewed from the 70's vantage point, would look like.  Some of his speculation, like the minimal use of cash, rings true.