Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuckyBolt

Dictionary.com adds 300 new words, including ‘alt-right,’ ‘dabbing’ and ‘man bun’

LuckyBolt    1,282

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/dictionary-adds-300-words-including-alt-right-man-bun-article-1.3013867

The new words of the year run the political spectrum from Black Lives Matter to alt-right.

More than 300 words have been added by Dictionary.com, the site announced Thursday. It’s defined as “a political movement originating on social media and online forums, composed of a segment of conservatives who support extreme right-wing ideologies, including white nationalism and anti-Semitism.”

Other newcomers are 420 (slang for marijuana, and right on time for April 20’s reefer reveling), dad bod (“a man’s physique that is slightly overweight or flabby but still attractive”), man bun (“a man’s hair gathered into a bun at the back or top of the head”) and the slang version of slay (“to strongly impress or overwhelm someone”).

Gotta love the "Alt right" picture prominently displayed on the site. 

Dabbing — “the act of performing a dance move that involves posing with one’s nose in the crook of a bent elbow at chest level while extending the other arm to the side at or above shoulder level”

Ummm....I'm from Colorado.  Dabbing has a totally different meaning here.

smh

Cygnus    82
1 hour ago, LuckyBolt said:

Ummm....I'm from Colorado.  Dabbing has a totally different meaning here.

Yeah, I thought it went along with them adding 420...

kbet    844

They all but call the Alt right Nazi's. The Alt Right need to sue the living shat, out of Dictionary.com.