Jump to content
Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Recommended Posts

 five    361
On 4/6/2017 at 9:05 PM, YaKnow2.0 said:

Day 12.feeling alot better,shiit in the world got me stressing alittle bit but i have FAITH me,my family and good people will get through this!!!Thank you to everyone showing support.Complete strangers have made me feel better than some people around me. well they wont be around me anymore.i dont have time for negativity!!!

Fell off the wagon myself yesterday and today. Really tied one on, 5 sheets to the wind type of deal. Back to square one, story of my life. Very happy to hear you made it this far, not as easy as people would assume.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 GirlFriday    243

@five You are not back to square one. You are one failure closer to success. How many fails is entirely up to you. I think I tried to set a record on fails. EAT. Then think.  It was an important step (for me) to identify triggers. I hate that word, but ...

And for a 12 step lame-a$$ platitude: HALT! Do not get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired.  My killers are hungry and tired.  I stay mad so I have just learned to manage that. I'm an introvert, (borderline anti-social, I find most people vapid) so I don't do lonely much. A stumbling block for me in early "quit" was FEAR of being alone. Believed no one could ever love an ex-junkie basket case like me.  21 years with the same hairy legged dude in the house next week. 

So, I eat at the same time every day. I go to bed and get up at the same time every day.  I sorely underestimated blood sugar swings.

/hug to everyone fighting this mortal battle.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 schon    778

My action was to get pissed off,REALLY pissed off at the MF,ing drug that wanted TO KILL ME!!!!

Used pot to withdraw and fight the heebie jeebies that went on for months at least....then got REALLY pissed off at pot that wanted wanted all my time and money.Pot is very easy to dump.

I have nothing against occasional recreational drug use,I drink a little on occasion,not much......i have a big problem with drug abuse that controls your life.

BTW,thats just how i did it,YOU need to choose your method that works for you,that it worked for me is NOT telling others thats the answer,may very well be detrimental to you,IDK.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    22,834
On 4/7/2017 at 8:51 PM, five said:

Fell off the wagon myself yesterday and today. Really tied one on, 5 sheets to the wind type of deal. Back to square one, story of my life. Very happy to hear you made it this far, not as easy as people would assume.

:wub: Just start again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 YaKnow2.0    681

Day 15....its getting a little easier....i know im NOT cured and never will be.Just watching a movie today made me wanna do drugs.i had to turn the movie off!!!but I DIDNT USE!!!my brother has 2 years clean and me and him had a great day and hit a meeting

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 five    361
5 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

:wub: Just start again. 

I have Cinn. Didn't have to sweat it out this time, slept it off and cooler heads prevailed.

On 4/8/2017 at 8:07 AM, GirlFriday said:

@five You are not back to square one. You are one failure closer to success. How many fails is entirely up to you. I think I tried to set a record on fails. EAT. Then think.  It was an important step (for me) to identify triggers. I hate that word, but ...

And for a 12 step lame-a$$ platitude: HALT! Do not get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired.  My killers are hungry and tired.  I stay mad so I have just learned to manage that. I'm an introvert, (borderline anti-social, I find most people vapid) so I don't do lonely much. A stumbling block for me in early "quit" was FEAR of being alone. Believed no one could ever love an ex-junkie basket case like me.  21 years with the same hairy legged dude in the house next week. 

So, I eat at the same time every day. I go to bed and get up at the same time every day.  I sorely underestimated blood sugar swings.

/hug to everyone fighting this mortal battle.

Thank you for your words, this post helped.

12 step stuff may be lame but it's laced with wisdom from habitual users trying to stop. I give that wisdom a lot of credit.

1 hour ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

Day 15....its getting a little easier....i know im NOT cured and never will be.Just watching a movie today made me wanna do drugs.i had to turn the movie off!!!but I DIDNT USE!!!my brother has 2 years clean and me and him had a great day and hit a meeting

For me, it doesn't get easier. More like it gets easier, then harder, then easier and then harder again. It's an up and down kinda thing. Some little thing will happen, or on occasion some big thing that just sets me off and before I know it...

The way I see it harder times are ahead, but with them will also come better times. We don't get to pick and choose when shtf, personally or socially. When it does it's always best to be prepared.

Glad to hear you're doing well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 YaKnow2.0    681

Day 18: got some sleep lastnight,finally!!!Life is already getting better.Still feel like shiit but i have been putting poison in my body for 20yrs.I am getting my son in a month so that is a good reason to keep me going!Plus I WANT TO LIVE...THESE ARE AMAZING TIMES TO BE ALIVE!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 YaKnow2.0    681

Day 21:Still no sleep but i realize that i am powerless over my addiction!!i can not use drugs successfully.My feelings are all over the place but i know i have to handle every situation WITHOUT drugs and I CAN DO IT!! I need to be around for my children,this world is too flucked up for me leave them alone!!I WANT TO LIVE!!!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 YaKnow2.0    681

Day 27: If i can do this ANYONE CAN!!! Its a hard road but it is essential to my survival!!!Higher power is showing signs in many ways.I wish i had taken recovery more seriously sooner!!!I am going to be a great man.If i put half of my energy i used in getting drugs into my recovery.Watch,i will be doing GREAT THINGS!!!THANK YOU GOD FOR SHOWING ME THE WAY!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    22,834
2 hours ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

Day 27: If i can do this ANYONE CAN!!! Its a hard road but it is essential to my survival!!!Higher power is showing signs in many ways.I wish i had taken recovery more seriously sooner!!!I am going to be a great man.If i put half of my energy i used in getting drugs into my recovery.Watch,i will be doing GREAT THINGS!!!THANK YOU GOD FOR SHOWING ME THE WAY!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up to our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×