Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Cinnamon    22,832
1 hour ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

i lost my way.but i have found the road again!!!the road is rocky,uphill but i will not stray away again!!i have to much to lose

Hang in there, things are changing for you for the better.  Everybody tells me it's the journey that's most important, because that's where you learn.  Learning hurts sometimes, too. A lot of times, actually. But once you know, you don't have to do it again. That's the reward and no one can take that away from you. 

For what it's worth, I'm battling a drinking problem. I hold down a full time job. I'm going to start working out and weight lifting. .......

I have been stock piling protein powders , weight gainers and vitamin supplements...

Even have a gym now in my living room!!!!

just going thru the "dry out" phase now.....

• Like 2

five    361
On 4/1/2017 at 3:49 PM, YaKnow2.0 said:

@LuckyBolt i started working out today.very light!pushups situps and been walking the dog.it actually made my legs feel better.there was no caffeine in rehab,no soda so im on a water and milk fix lately.thank you for the suggestions.IL TAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS NOT TO GO BACK TO THE WAY I WAS!!

I applaud the decision to clean up, interesting comment on the xanax thing. xanax insufflation (crushing and snorting) does nothing. Doesn't affect the brain that way, much better flushed anyway. There is only one reason in the world I would know that.

Speedballing was fun, even the vomiting part. Used to open the passenger side door and puke on the way home on the initial rush. Felt sooo awesome. Sorry to put it like that to a non user but anyone who has experienced it knows what I mean. It felt really good. THAT is what is called a sickness. It's f**king sick that someone would look forward to something like that.

It's not hard to quit, it's hard to live without using. You will need something to fill the gap. Instead of going downtown I will ____________. Fill in the blank. Best advice I can give. I'm not gonna pretend to know the answers. It's really f**king hard, but if I can do it then so can you.

Seriously, I'm asking you to please PM me if you're going downtown. I've been in the hole more than once.

• Like 2

YaKnow2.0    681
43 minutes ago, five said:

I applaud the decision to clean up, interesting comment on the xanax thing. xanax insufflation (crushing and snorting) does nothing. Doesn't affect the brain that way, much better flushed anyway. There is only one reason in the world I would know that.

Speedballing was fun, even the vomiting part. Used to open the passenger side door and puke on the way home on the initial rush. Felt sooo awesome. Sorry to put it like that to a non user but anyone who has experienced it knows what I mean. It felt really good. THAT is what is called a sickness. It's f**king sick that someone would look forward to something like that.

It's not hard to quit, it's hard to live without using. You will need something to fill the gap. Instead of going downtown I will ____________. Fill in the blank. Best advice I can give. I'm not gonna pretend to know the answers. It's really f**king hard, but if I can do it then so can you.

Seriously, I'm asking you to please PM me if you're going downtown. I've been in the hole more than once.

im working the program this time,will see how it goes.exercise and a hobby.i just need to find a hobby.right now im stayin at my moms and she needs help around the house so i try and stay busy. thank you for the support.You understand!!!!

• Like 1

YaKnow2.0    681
Posted (edited)

11 days clean!!feel like shiit less ane less each day.Im staying the path.There is no other choice if i wish to live!!!Really live,i will never be a slave again!! 

Edited by YaKnow2.0
  • Like 3

Ukshep    19,925
8 minutes ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

11 days clean!!feel like shiit less ane less each day.Im staying the path.There is no other choice if i wish to live!!!Really live,i will never be a slave again!! 

YOU ARE NOT QUITTING. YOU HAVE ALREADY QUIT!

The craving.... Imagine it as a being. And entity that wants to do you harm... Now remember who is boss.... When that craving comes.... Attack the being... Tell it no. Each time it will weaken.  Say it out loud if you must. Enjoy torturing it into submission. Make a game out of it! Anything to make you do it!

^^ simple technique to help you break the cycle of still aching for something you want.

Here is a secret. You know that feeling you get when smoking.. mild euphoria? at meal times after that first cig...? Well once you quit. You get to feel like that all of the time. And I'm serious!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

" Be bold my son, and Mighty forces will come to your aid."

• Like 1

YaKnow2.0    681

Day 12.feeling alot better,shiit in the world got me stressing alittle bit but i have FAITH me,my family and good people will get through this!!!Thank you to everyone showing support.Complete strangers have made me feel better than some people around me. well they wont be around me anymore.i dont have time for negativity!!!

• Like 3

schon    778
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

well they wont be around me anymore.i dont have time for negativity!!!

Excellent.Thats one of my life philosophies I live by. ZERO room in my life for jerks,anywhere.

Edited by schon

Ukshep    19,925
7 hours ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

well they wont be around me anymore.i dont have time for negativity!!!

Got to live that way :D instead of being the floating object in the stream of water. Be the water :)  fluid and ever changing to the landscape of the valley!

GirlFriday    243

Ex heroin addict, ex alcoholic here.  Sober almost 20 years. It gets easier. It takes 21 days to form a new habit. I started with showering. Moved on to regular meals. =) Went to 12 step for many years but found it cult like and a real herd mentality. No real discussions, just platitudes.  BUT HEAR ME, those platitudes saved my butt many, many times. The sycophants saved my butt many, many times. 

The most important part of the 12 step for me was making amends. Truly a liberating experience. Painful, yes, felt like walking on hot coals. And now it is my past.  Forgive yourself, but don't forget what you did to people who love you. Decide your OWN penance. Mine happened to be volunteer work around town.  I was estranged from my son for a few years, with little contact.  Now, we talk on the phone every week (well, text) nad have since he was in high school.  Time will heal a lot of wounds with your peeps. 

In the end, I made a decision to not shoot dope and not drink, no.matter.what.  Born out of undeniable evidence that it wasn't curing what ailed me.  Undeniable evidence that it did not help in any form or fashion. Not even for a minute.  Sobriety is precious to me, as much as the roof over my head and food in my belly.

@YaKnow2.0  Don't drink, don't drug, it will get better. Bad things are still going to happen, but you won't make them worse anymore. No matter how deep your hole is, when you stop digging, it stops getting deeper. Pretty soon, it starts filling in.  A while after that, you will be able to see over the edge. Little bit later, you can step on out. THEN you can fly, brother. I PROMISE.  /hug

• Like 3