Jump to content
Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Study: Manuka honey kills more bacteria than all available antibiotics

Recommended Posts

 Cinnamon    23,074

Not all honey is created equal. While the benefits of raw, unprocessed honey have been well-documented over the centuries, Australian researchers have found one type of honey, called Manuka honey, to be better than all known antibiotics.

Manuka honey is produced by bees that forage on the nectar of Leptospermum Scoparium, or New Zealand’s Manuka bush, as well as tea trees, native to Australia and New Zealand only.

This remarkable type of honey not only effectively kills bacteria, but none of the bugs killed by it have been able to build up immunity. In a world where many of the last resort antibiotics are failing against antibiotic-resistant superbugs, Manuka honey may hold the key to fighting resistance issues, saving thousands of lives worldwide.

Manuka honey fights superbugs

Dr. Dee Carter from the University of Sydney’s School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences noted that antibiotics not only have short shelf lives, but the bacteria they attack quickly become resistant as well, making them useless over time

<snip>

http://www.naturalnews.com/2016-12-20-study-manuka-honey-kills-more-bacteria-than-all-antibiotics-available.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Honey    171

It's the best! I use it for my medicine. It comes in several different strengths of antibiotic properties. I believe that the strongest is 16 and that is the one that I use. This honey is a healer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 schon    778

Its well known as a super topical bug fighter,but what about internally? Any studies tested it there regarding beating infections,I would like to read them.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Nauta    16

Honey topically is probably OK for adults, but putting something that viscous into one's veins....well that's an embolism waiting to happen or a severe allergic reaction.  Turmeric in our diets have been proven safe, but directly injected in IV's, not so much.  A woman died not too long ago from it:  http://www.10news.com/news/team-10/encinitas-woman-dead-after-i-v-infusion-of-turmeric.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×