Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GySgtermey

Scientists Have Now Hacked CELLS Within the Human Body, Want to Program HUMAN BEINGS

GySgtermey    667

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QXYUcajdbXo/hqdefault.jpg
Mar 30, 2017

Could we soon HACK the human body? Scientists use computer code to change how living cells behave

Researchers used a programming language to engineer DNA 'circuits'
    Circuits can be customised to respond to cues,changing the cell's activity
    Modified bacteria could help in conditions such as lactose intolerance

The new method could revolutionise synthetic biology, making it possible for even those with 'no experience' of genetics to modify cells  

Efforts to harness the power of livings cells have just taken a huge stride forward, thanks to a new method which could revolutionise synthetic biology.

Scientists have been able to 'hack' a living cell using a simple computer programming language, allowing them to tweak the functions of cells.

The findings lay the groundwork for anyone to easily write in new functions to living cells, enabling them to carry out any task.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/01/11/32BBC5E400000578-3518802-image-a-5_1459505302805.jpg

read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3518802/Could-soon-HACK-human-body-Scientists-use-computer-program-change-living-cells-behave.html

Scientists Have Now Hacked CELLS Within the Human Body, Want to Program HUMAN BEINGS 

Zimix99    838
Just now, kbet said:

Great, bioweapons for terrorists....

Yeah but there are positives too. With every new technology, we always run into the same problems. But this has a lot of potentials still.

Ukshep    20,200
9 hours ago, kbet said:

Great, bioweapons for terrorists....

Yeh but really bad bioweapons.... I was once told. When the final resident evil movie came out it would begin. Well its out!

Zimix99    838
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

Yeh but really bad bioweapons.... I was once told. When the final resident evil movie came out it would begin. Well its out!

As a big zombie fan, I look forward to our future zombie apocalypse :P. But we have to look at the positives for this too, if it becomes so easy to make a weapon it can become just as easy to make a cure for that weapon, Or a cure for anything really. The universe will always strive for balance.

But seriously, and slightly off topic, I have seen every zombie movie ever created in every language that exists. I've literally run out of content and it suuuuuuuucks. I hope the Koreans keep up the with movies like train to Busan.

Ukshep    20,200
34 minutes ago, Zimix99 said:

As a big zombie fan, I look forward to our future zombie apocalypse :P. But we have to look at the positives for this too, if it becomes so easy to make a weapon it can become just as easy to make a cure for that weapon, Or a cure for anything really. The universe will always strive for balance.

But seriously, and slightly off topic, I have seen every zombie movie ever created in every language that exists. I've literally run out of content and it suuuuuuuucks. I hope the Koreans keep up the with movies like train to Busan.

I'm wondering if bio beasts in the streets would be a step to far for them :D

Zimix99    838
3 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I'm wondering if bio beasts in the streets would be a step to far for them :D

Sounds like a party to me.

But i do like to think of the possible human enhancements that could come of this. I guess it depends if your pro human augmentation or not.

Ukshep    20,200
4 minutes ago, Zimix99 said:

Sounds like a party to me.

But i do like to think of the possible human enhancements that could come of this. I guess it depends if your pro human augmentation or not.

If its coming out now I am sure the elite are augmented already!