Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Almost half of Canadians want illegal immigrants deported back to US – poll

22 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, sybdragon said:

Sorry Canada. You are just screwed by a big mouth wantabe Kenyan Obama or a German Merkel. He is going to take you down. If Canadians are not used to Mexicans taking out the citizens in the construction fields

We are used to East Indians taking over jobs, Koreans taking over small business. There was a Sikh fellow who was hired by Dept of transport, he was handing class 1 driver licenses out the back door to immigrants. There was a rash of fatal accidents. They have no idea how to drive a semi and stop at every liquor store to stock up. But they undercut every local owner/operator by hiring cousins from India for $5/hr. Pretty soon it's a rare sight to see a Canuck driving a lumber truck. So yeah we've been down that road. Just not your road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brio said:

We are used to East Indians taking over jobs, Koreans taking over small business. There was a Sikh fellow who was hired by Dept of transport, he was handing class 1 driver licenses out the back door to immigrants. There was a rash of fatal accidents. They have no idea how to drive a semi and stop at every liquor store to stock up. But they undercut every local owner/operator by hiring cousins from India for $5/hr. Pretty soon it's a rare sight to see a Canuck driving a lumber truck. So yeah we've been down that road. Just not your road.

Sucks too. I feel for ya then. USA and Canadian truckers fought to keep Mexican truckers off their roads after NAFTA was passed. Mexico has some bad trucking rules and their trucks are dangerous. They have improved enough for the USA to let them in now. I would say that Canada is having a lot of problems. All on the west coast, Chinese are running the locals out of the housing market. Toronto was screaming before the USA. But I hear Canada has some very lax rules on immigration. Y'all need to change those laws. Good luck. I hear Quebec is something else. I loved Toronto though. Never been to East Canada.

And yep, we get all them to. It's like the entire 3rd world just showed up one day isn't it? What is so wrong with their countries? If it was so bad, why do they try to turn our countries into the shithole they left? I see Americans doing this too. Move from an area and then turn the area they moved to into a shithole just like the one they left. Did they not realize that all that fancy junk costs money and that's why they paid such high taxes? If you are not paying outrageous taxes, you do not have all that fancy junk in the city. Takes money to make bike trails and lanes and to build parks and stuff. Drives me nuts. We had a girl come to our town. Raise hell and get the schools rebuilt. And our taxes went up. She moved out. Guess she didn't like the taxes going up huh? Witch!!! So it's not just illegals that can screw up an area. Sometimes it's the out of town foreigner that does it. All legal too. That sucks too. Here it's Indians with the hotels and gas stations. Patel is the name. They are all named Patel. Big clan that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

Nearly half of Canadians want the illegal immigrants that have been crossing into their country since Donald Trump was elected president of the US to be deported back to America, a Reuters/Ipsos poll has revealed.

Some 48 percent of Canadians support “increasing the deportation of people living in Canada illegally,” according to a new poll released on Monday.

The same number of respondents suggested that the migrants should be sent back to the US, while 36 percent said Canada should “accept these migrants” and allow them to apply for asylum.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/news/381500-canadia-illegal-immigrants-deported-us/

Whatever happened to sending them back to where they hold citizenship? It's not America or Canada! 

We seem to have a generally positive relationship with Canada so perhaps a note from the State Department saying, "Thank you for your suggestion.  We've reviewed it carefully and politely decline the opportunity.  Perhaps, being a commonwealth nation, you might consider your cousins in Great Britain, they seem to have an eagerness for random immigration."

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brio said:

We are used to East Indians taking over jobs, Koreans taking over small business. There was a Sikh fellow who was hired by Dept of transport, he was handing class 1 driver licenses out the back door to immigrants. There was a rash of fatal accidents. They have no idea how to drive a semi and stop at every liquor store to stock up. But they undercut every local owner/operator by hiring cousins from India for $5/hr. Pretty soon it's a rare sight to see a Canuck driving a lumber truck. So yeah we've been down that road. Just not your road.

Brio...Don't forget about the Chinese. Canada has more than their fair share of Chinese. Oh yes and Muslims too. Last time I was at Pearson in Toronto, I thought I had landed in the middle east.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CGK said:

Brio...Don't forget about the Chinese. Canada has more than their fair share of Chinese. Oh yes and Muslims too. Last time I was at Pearson in Toronto, I thought I had landed in the middle east.

Muslims, Chinese, French... Any Actual Canadians Left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, CGK said:

Brio...Don't forget about the Chinese. Canada has more than their fair share of Chinese. Oh yes and Muslims too. Last time I was at Pearson in Toronto, I thought I had landed in the middle east.

Yup. When I was in tech school (Vancouver region) late 80s the campus was about half Chinese and it's much more now. I haven't seen any Muslims here but we're pretty rural a good 6 hr drive from Hongcouver. My town is hosting a family from... Uganda I think, all women. So we're very distanced from the Great Migration. I can't say I have any real perspective on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sybdragon said:

I hear Canada has some very lax rules on immigration. Y'all need to change those laws. Good luck. I hear Quebec is something else. I loved Toronto though. Never been to East Canada.

Actually Canada has very tough immigration laws as US liberals have been finding out since Nov '16. lol. Illegal immigrants do not get welfare, health care or education and are deported if they even get in. That may change with trudeau. But it hasn't yet.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brio said:

Actually Canada has very tough immigration laws as US liberals have been finding out since Nov '16. lol. Illegal immigrants do not get welfare, health care or education and are deported if they even get in. That may change with trudeau. But it hasn't yet.

Sorry West coast going to Alaska so that would have been Vancouver. Not Toronto. I swear lately I think I am getting Alzheimer or something. It's like my brain has turned to mush. I can not remember how to spell words and it's just been horrible. The brain's not foggy, just I seem to have lost my spelling skills lately. It is driving me nuts too. :angry: I am a good speller. Or used to be anyway. lol Crap. I have been to Vancouver to take a cruise ship out to Alaska. We flew in and out of there. My last trip with my folks before they died. We stayed a week and it's was really nice. There were a lot of whites and  some blacks. Some Chinese. But I didn't see any Muslims. We are talking around 10 years or more now. 10-13? years. Right before they extradited Marc Emery to the USA.

I really think it's gorgeous on the west coast in that rain forest up there. Gorgeous. Expensive I hear to. Just like the coasts of the USA. :( 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sybdragon said:

Sorry West coast going to Alaska so that would have been Vancouver. Not Toronto. I swear lately I think I am getting Alzheimer or something. It's like my brain has turned to mush. I can not remember how to spell words and it's just been horrible. The brain's not foggy, just I seem to have lost my spelling skills lately. It is driving me nuts too. :angry: I am a good speller. Or used to be anyway. lol Crap. I have been to Vancouver to take a cruise ship out to Alaska. We flew in and out of there. My last trip with my folks before they died. We stayed a week and it's was really nice. There were a lot of whites and  some blacks. Some Chinese. But I didn't see any Muslims. We are talking around 10 years or more now. 10-13? years. Right before they extradited Marc Emery to the USA.

I really think it's gorgeous on the west coast in that rain forest up there. Gorgeous. Expensive I hear to. Just like the coasts of the USA. :( 

So you went up the Inside Passage on the Marine Highway to Skagway? Absolutely beautiful trip, no your memory doesn't mislead you. Probably docked in Prince Rupert. Hope you had a cabin lol. Funny you mention Emory, he's in trouble again but he's a pirate. He's flotsam for shore.

:hug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it was gorgeous. I sat on the balcony a whole lot and watched the water and ice bergs and scenery. I had a great time. I planned on seeing Emery and smoking in the smoke shop/cafe where it was legal. I thought that would be interesting. And it was not something I would repeat. lol I guess I prefer a more private smoking area. ;)  But I did smoke a couple hits with ole Emery. My sister and I. She was surprised when I took her and my brother there. They didn't know about ole Emery. It wasn't the nicest part of town but we went during the day and had fun. I loved Chinatown. I went for that too. I had plans when I went there and my family just followed along. I have no idea what they planned to do because I got up everyday with a new place I was visiting. Were they coming? :gsbrnint:  Good thing I brought my own cigs too. I think a pack of Marlboros was $10. I was getting offered a loonie a cig from the people on the street. I went home with no cigs too. :D  I would do that again if I had the cash. I've thought about gold panning in Alaska but then, it's a long, long way for me to travel but I have planned it out. Gotta get my guns through Canada and well, easier to mail them to myself to a little town in Alaska. I've looked into it. One day, maybe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up to our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now