Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

BOYCOTTS WORK | Starbucks CEO Announces Resignation After Fallout From Vow To Hire Refugees

sybdragon    1,505

It's a game. Yes you would have. It was a great excuse for why their business is in a freefall. Before this guy even opened his mouth, I was hearing that Starbucks was going to close down a lot of stores. They are not making any money. There is too much competition out there now. When Starbucks started, they were the first and a fad. Now people can go other places and this fad is now a staple. Like McDonalds has Burger King and Arby's and all those other burger joints. Starbuck overbuilt because they could. But they can not stay if competition is strong. This gives Starbucks an out in the economic news that maybe they can recover from this if this guys leaves. But they are not going to recover because this guy's mouth did not really hurt Starbucks. It's propaganda at it's finest for the stockbrokers. Just like JCPenny and Sears/KMart are going down, so is Starbucks. It doesn't matter what the CEO says. It was already on the downslope. This allows Starbucks to reward the dude on his way out with some good money. Take the fall and reward coming your way. Game.

Jostler    2,216

Starbucks and Target both crossed one of my redlines.  I don't care what kind of executive shuffle either tries to pull off, neither  of those will EVER get one more dollar from me.  Ever.  

Ukshep    20,116
3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Starbucks and Target both crossed one of my redlines.  I don't care what kind of executive shuffle either tries to pull off, neither  of those will EVER get one more dollar from me.  Ever.  

Same here.... only place that temps me is burger king and i rarely eat out nowadays. My boycott list changed my life for the better :p funny that!

Waitn4end    179
3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Ditto for me.  I went to the grocers today for salad and vegetable back up.  I was pleased to see the country of origin posted on every fruit and veg.  I was able to go through and select USA product and pass over the produce from Mexico.  No cucumbers from the USA were there...so I did not buy any.  My own private boycotts do not amount to much in the long run but I get a sense of satisfaction knowing I did something for "the cause" I have chosen.  I do buy produce from Canada...they have the best tomatoes.

I also gave up anything Nabisco!