Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

BOYCOTTS WORK | Starbucks CEO Announces Resignation After Fallout From Vow To Hire Refugees

Ukshep    20,117

When Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz leaves the company he helped bring to prominence on April 3, he’ll do so under a cloud, all thanks to his liberal policies.

Schultz, astute readers will remember, made news in January when he came out swinging against President Donald Trump and his refugee ban. The CEO — who former White House adviser David Gergen said was “definitely being pursued” to run for the Democratic nominee for president in 2020, according to the Seattle Times — announced via an open letter his company planned to hire 10,000 refugees as a response to Trump’s temporary travel ban.

Schultz, who returned to the company in 2008 after leaving in 2000, announced his intention to retire in December. Thanks to his controversial decision, however, what should have been a victory lap has turned into a nightmare.

http://conservativetribune.com/hire-10k-refugees-starbucks-ceo/

Mwahahaha beautiful stuff!

schon    778

Yup,insult half the Country,thats just got to be good for business.IDIOTS! How in the HELL do these people think they have a divine right to shove their politics in customers faces?????????????????????????

LuckyBolt    1,312

Credit Suisse dropped Starfvcks rating to 0. 

I wonder what fabulous marketing campaigns they are working on.  "Make Coffee Great Again"  (url is taken - of course)

Mindzen    271

He announced his plans to resign Dec 1, 2016

His 10,000 refugee statement was made almost 2 months later, on Jan 29, 2017

#FAKENEWS

sybdragon    1,505
57 minutes ago, Martin said:

Unfortunately his policies may not be behind his resignation:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/01/investing/starbucks-howard-schultz-resigns/

Went to your link. This article was on the side. http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/13/technology/cia-board-games-training/index.html?iid=surge-story-summary

It's not related to this thread but it just shows how TPTB see things as games. Everything is gamed. Everything. Especially in politics, wars, and espionage. I love this stuff too. lol

I am not surprised he quit. His stores were already on the downside and really, the silent voters are invisible. The liberals are out having hissy fits and like the squeaky wheel, it looks like there are a whole lot of them but there are not. I live by a college town. A Christian college in a small town. There is not much there, just enough that you can get buy and buy a few goodies but most things those kids will order offline or travel an hour or more to a larger city. My county just went wet, means we can now sell alcohol. I would have voted no. They had a very publicized vote. The vote was NO. So they snuck in another vote for it, did not advertise it unless you wanted the place to be wet, two weeks later. We were wet and most of us were left shocked. That is how you get business done in small towns. It's not secret. It was posted. We get a weekly paper. They posted it one week and before the next paper came out, they voted. lol It was a joke.

This man thought that his main cliental were liberals because they look like it. Office workers do not talk politics much and neither does any other job I know of unless they agree with each other. Other than that, that is your money. You don't talk and create problems for yourself at work. He forgot about the invisible, silent, Trump voters. There are a lot of them that drink coffee. But Starbucks was already having problems. Their business was already slowing down and I think them and McDonalds are having the same problems. People are not buying their products like they used to. Too much competition and they are overbuilt in areas. They need to consolidate some stores and cut the fat. This guy may not have wanted to do that.

COBO Member    3,350

Three words for us caffeine freaks: Black Rifle Coffee. Unfortunately, lately, due to the Starbucks boycott, they've been sold out every time I've tried to re-order.

Martin    219
10 minutes ago, sybdragon said:

Went to your link. This article was on the side. http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/13/technology/cia-board-games-training/index.html?iid=surge-story-summary

It's not related to this thread but it just shows how TPTB see things as games. Everything is gamed. Everything. Especially in politics, wars, and espionage. I love this stuff too. lol

I am not surprised he quit. His stores were already on the downside and really, the silent voters are invisible. The liberals are out having hissy fits and like the squeaky wheel, it looks like there are a whole lot of them but there are not. I live by a college town. A Christian college in a small town. There is not much there, just enough that you can get buy and buy a few goodies but most things those kids will order offline or travel an hour or more to a larger city. My county just went wet, means we can now sell alcohol. I would have voted no. They had a very publicized vote. The vote was NO. So they snuck in another vote for it, did not advertise it unless you wanted the place to be wet, two weeks later. We were wet and most of us were left shocked. That is how you get business done in small towns. It's not secret. It was posted. We get a weekly paper. They posted it one week and before the next paper came out, they voted. lol It was a joke.

This man thought that his main cliental were liberals because they look like it. Office workers do not talk politics much and neither does any other job I know of unless they agree with each other. Other than that, that is your money. You don't talk and create problems for yourself at work. He forgot about the invisible, silent, Trump voters. There are a lot of them that drink coffee. But Starbucks was already having problems. Their business was already slowing down and I think them and McDonalds are having the same problems. People are not buying their products like they used to. Too much competition and they are overbuilt in areas. They need to consolidate some stores and cut the fat. This guy may not have wanted to do that.

I wouldn't do it even if i knew for a fact that "liberals" are a majority. Really, why pissing some of your customers off, even if they are a minority? You'd still end up with less customers, can't see how it could end well. After all, 60+ millions of people voted for Trump, so even according to the official data, Halp of people will be pissed.