Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Uncle Nobby

EPA scientist warns that glyphosate (RoundUp) herbicide strips minerals out of food, leaving the body deficient in Zinc and Magnesium

Rate this topic

Uncle Nobby    1,056
2 minutes ago, dazedb42 said:

Big Pharma will sell you crap at massively inflated prices too. Homeopathy and the other woo that passes for medical advice should be treated very carefully.

Don't fall for all the anti big pharma propaganda that is designed to make you buy crap from snake oil salesmen. It's their pitch.

i dont disagree, but the natural alternatives to treat illness, should not be forgotten of lost

• Like 2

dazedb42    263
4 minutes ago, Uncle Nobby said:

i dont disagree, but the natural alternatives to treat illness, should not be forgotten of lost

I agree there too. What ever works and actually works should always be remembered. The placebo effect is an amazing thing. For anything to really work  it's efficacy must be greater than the placebo effect too.

Uncle Nobby    1,056

What do you call alternate medicine that works?

coconut oil

tumeric

ginger

garlic

black pepper

olive oil

oil of oregano - 70% carvacrol or higher, otherwise it's too week

fish oil

charcoal

eye of newt

wing of bat

horn of taod

a pinch of cinnamon, and an  OXO cube. lovely

Zing    716

About four years ago I went to several doctors including G.I. doctors to find out what was causing all the pain I was having. There were multiple issues.  But nobody did any testing to see if I had food sensitivities until I went to a doctor in the practice natural medicine along with conventional medicine. After blood testing which  my insurance did not pay for,  it showed that I had moderate sensitivity to soy, wheat, gluten, dairy, honey,  and a few other foods. when I eliminated these foods, the pain stopped. So there's a place for alternative medicine.   

My best advice to anyone who wants to be healthy is to get your food from the farmer who grows organically and not from the store unless you can't find it elsewhere and avoid wheat, soy, dairy and gluten.  Eat fruit, veggies, meat, beans, and meat, in moderation.  Use sea salt and pepper because pepper helps the body absorb nutrients.  Take vitamin D3 supplement and fish oil supplement.

• Like 2

Zing    716

Also, avoid fluoride water and drink diluted raw apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons each day.

• Like 1

sybdragon    980
4 minutes ago, Zing said:

About four years ago I went to several doctors including G.I. doctors to find out what was causing all the pain I was having. There were multiple issues.  But nobody did any testing to see if I had food sensitivities until I went to a doctor in the practice natural medicine along with conventional medicine. After blood testing which  my insurance did not pay for,  it showed that I had moderate sensitivity to soy, wheat, gluten, dairy, honey,  and a few other foods. when I eliminated these foods, the pain stopped. So there's a place for alternative medicine.   

My best advice to anyone who wants to be healthy is to get your food from the farmer who grows organically and not from the store unless you can't find it elsewhere and avoid wheat, soy, dairy and gluten.  Eat fruit, veggies, meat, beans, and meat, in moderation.  Use sea salt and pepper because pepper helps the body absorb nutrients.  Take vitamin D3 supplement and fish oil supplement.

And you have hit on one of the things that is wrong with this picture too. When I was a kid and young adult, 70s-80s, food allergies were almost never heard of. If it was, it was a baby that could not drink formula so they would put them on goat's milk. And sometimes, you would find a kid with a peanut allergy. But wheat and gluten... that was not a problem at all. Now think on this... Soy, corn, wheat, are GMOs now. If you could find some that wasn't, you might find that you are not allergic to it. You might discover that it's the GMO slice and dice that you are allergic to. Wheat has been eaten for centuries. Thousand of years. If all these allergies were around back then, they would not have cultivated it so widely. It was a main food staple for how long? Forever....

Honey.... Honey is very good for you. It will also kill infection if put on a wound. They used it during the Civil war in the USA. Honey is also made from pollen. So where is the bee been and what did it pollinate? You might be allergic to what the bee is feeding on and not the honey. Try some mountain honey, small hive person that doesn't ship the bees to the different crops but keeps them where they are and they feed on flowers or something and not the crops. See if that honey is better for you. I would get it tested if you are allergic because you do not want to have an allergic fit or anything. Those can kill you. But check out the honey you are using and try some different honey. There are all different types of it out there. Local honey is the best for you because it will carry the allergens that are in that area. Don't buy the commercial honey. I buy honey in a store but it's a local honey from a local hive. Got the phone # on the label and all.

Farmer's markets are golden for this stuff. Even if they use a little fertilizer, they usually do not use all the bug stuff or even lots of fertilizers. They are not growing enough to do that and they know that people want stuff grown without that stuff on it. You have to do something about aphids if you get them. They will kill everything. And they are too small to see so you are not picking them off like potato bugs or others. I pick the bugs off I see and into a water bottle and cap put on and they get thrown out. Don't like the bugs eating my stuff up. I avoid pesticides as much as I can. But I have to fungicide or I will lose my fruit trees and vines. So you are not going to get away from chemicals. You can just get as least as possible but you are going to get some. Organic standards allow you to use some pesticides and still label it organic. I was shocked to learn that. But it's true. Organic is not really organic. Do not waste your money on it.

• Like 2

LuckyBolt    1,083
1 hour ago, radio doc said:

i want to start making real old fashioned sauerkraut like my grandmother used to make. so im gonna grow some cabbage this year. the stuff they sell in the marketplace is not fermented and is pasteurized and has no probiotic qualities! and that's exactly what i want it for!. 

pickled planet makes a good product but its not available here, and shipping from the west coast would be prohibitively expensive.

i was going to buy a supplement for probiotics but decided this would be better.

im going to try using wood ashes to nourish the soil, am i doing the right thing?  any other things to replace lost minerals?

as far as using pesticides, i will not! , a farmer says theres a type of flower to plant around your garden that will work. and repel animals too!

borage will repel one of cabbages enemys.

http://www.organicauthority.com/organic-gardening/flowers-to-plant-in-your-garden-for-natural-pest-control.html

the natural way is best , i think!

If you have the space to grow cabbage, great, otherwise find a local farmer that grows it.  Cheaper.  Plus you can use the enormous amount of space the cabbage uses for other stuff like herbs.  But I'm a city dweller, so I'm always maximizing space and growing stuff that is expensive in the stores and that I can dry and keep.

For probiotic supps, I found a superior product called Prescript-Assist Gastrointestinal Support.  The pills have dirt in them.  Yes.  Eat your dirt people!

Careful on the wood ash, it'll raise your Ph levels really fast.  It's like limestone only on steroids. Use it sparingly. The best approach is start with a soil test so that you know what the pH is before you begin applying wood ashes. If it is already high (more than 7.0), or if you plan to grow plants that prefer an acidic soil, avoid applying ashes at all. If it is moderately acidic (around 6.0), you can safely apply about 15 pounds of wood ashes per 1,000 square feet per year. You could also apply wood ashes to your lawn, since turfgrass grows best with a soil pH between 6.5 and 7.0. Again, be sure to start with a soil test and do not overapply the ashes.

Best thing to use Wood Ash - a body scrub.  Just go outside and rub it all over your body.  Your pores will thank you.

I love borage flowers in salads.  Bees will thank you as well.

49 minutes ago, sybdragon said:

You have to do something about aphids if you get them. They will kill everything.

Make sure your lady bug population is good.  The larva will eat their weight in aphids a day.

52 minutes ago, sybdragon said:

But I have to fungicide or I will lose my fruit trees and vines. So you are not going to get away from chemicals.

Look into Fruit Tree Guilds (permaculture).  Depending on where your trees are and how much space you have, you can plant different species around your trees that will act as protectors and beneficial bug attractors to the main tree.  http://www.neverendingfood.org/b-what-is-permaculture/permaculture-guilds/

• Like 1

Zing    716
1 hour ago, sybdragon said:

And you have hit on one of the things that is wrong with this picture too. When I was a kid and young adult, 70s-80s, food allergies were almost never heard of. If it was, it was a baby that could not drink formula so they would put them on goat's milk. And sometimes, you would find a kid with a peanut allergy. But wheat and gluten... that was not a problem at all. Now think on this... Soy, corn, wheat, are GMOs now. If you could find some that wasn't, you might find that you are not allergic to it. You might discover that it's the GMO slice and dice that you are allergic to. Wheat has been eaten for centuries. Thousand of years. If all these allergies were around back then, they would not have cultivated it so widely. It was a main food staple for how long? Forever....

Honey.... Honey is very good for you. It will also kill infection if put on a wound. They used it during the Civil war in the USA. Honey is also made from pollen. So where is the bee been and what did it pollinate? You might be allergic to what the bee is feeding on and not the honey. Try some mountain honey, small hive person that doesn't ship the bees to the different crops but keeps them where they are and they feed on flowers or something and not the crops. See if that honey is better for you. I would get it tested if you are allergic because you do not want to have an allergic fit or anything. Those can kill you. But check out the honey you are using and try some different honey. There are all different types of it out there. Local honey is the best for you because it will carry the allergens that are in that area. Don't buy the commercial honey. I buy honey in a store but it's a local honey from a local hive. Got the phone # on the label and all.

Farmer's markets are golden for this stuff. Even if they use a little fertilizer, they usually do not use all the bug stuff or even lots of fertilizers. They are not growing enough to do that and they know that people want stuff grown without that stuff on it. You have to do something about aphids if you get them. They will kill everything. And they are too small to see so you are not picking them off like potato bugs or others. I pick the bugs off I see and into a water bottle and cap put on and they get thrown out. Don't like the bugs eating my stuff up. I avoid pesticides as much as I can. But I have to fungicide or I will lose my fruit trees and vines. So you are not going to get away from chemicals. You can just get as least as possible but you are going to get some. Organic standards allow you to use some pesticides and still label it organic. I was shocked to learn that. But it's true. Organic is not really organic. Do not waste your money on it.

I agree with you.  I think you are correct--the GMOs in the wheat, etc. caused the problem.   I am allergic to bee stings, too.

• Like 1

sybdragon    980

I have tons of those orange ladybugs swarming around and still I get aphids. I hate those orange ladybugs. They bite and they bite hard too. Hurts like you would not believe. The red lady bugs do not bite. I like them but the orange ladybugs kill the red ones and we are losing the red ones. The orange ones are from China. See? Those dang Chinese again. Messing with us. Didn't tell us them things bite you like that. LOL :gsbrnint: 

Unfortunately, I have cedar rust around me. I can not chop down all the cedars in a mile around my house. I get cedar rust if I do not start fungicide as soon as I see green. I have lost my granny smith apple tree to it. Granny smith is suppose to be resistant. I have the crabtree rootstock left to graft onto if I want. My Fuji apple, highly susceptible to rust, is still alive. These are my favorite apples so that's what I planted. I have to get another granny now. Apple trees are part of the rose family of plants that all get cedar rust.

Pears, blackberries, raspberry, grape, apple, rose, these are all in the same family. They all get cedar rust. I own 11 1/2 acres/around 10 hectares. I can not cut down other people's trees. Fungicide or die. It's not bugs. I don't care if the bugs get some of them as I am not getting anything yet. Still waiting. Might take me a few more years. I lost a peach tree this winter. Getting established is not as easy as they say. The dang trees die and I am finding that certain trees that are suppose to grow here, do not grow for me. :gsbrnint:

I like to eat off the trees and I think I can get by without fungicide when they are in fruit. I am not going to think about that anyway. I am going to bite into it when I pick it. Immediately. Just like I do the figs, blackberries, raspberries, grapes, and blueberries. Yummy. These are the ones you want if you want to eat your fruit in 5 years from when you planted them. Well not grapes, but if you can dig up a nice vine... I got one older vine of concord grape. It gives me grapes. :) But grapes get mold or mildew problems. Arrrrrg... stuff is more than I thought when I planted all this stuff. Work I tell ya, work. :coffeetime:

I like permaculture stuff. If you own the place and can do it. Like asparagus? It will take you around 5 years to get a good patch. 4ftX6ft or 1.33m X 2m or so. It will come back year after year. I like the stuff you put in and forget. Just a little weeding and chicken crap and it's a nice little patch. Keeps on a giving too. I have turnip going to seed right now. It was in and I kicked out the kittens as they were old enough and they fertilized it for me. Now I got plenty of turnip seed coming up. The cats are older now and leave my beds alone more than they use them. They are outside cats and they are getting away from the box habit. The next litter will follow these cats I think. I am inheriting cats daily. I look outside and see 4 new cats. Not mine. Fed faithfully so they belong to someone. I am overrun with cats. I am going to do what the rest of the farmers around here do. Feed them all one bowl and make them hunt their own food. We will not have a snake, mole, squirrel, bird, mouse, rabbits or anything around here soon. Just cats. And turkeys, deer, coyotes, ya get the picture. lol Dang cats. I did not know everyone had a cat around here. They stay hidden well. Dang cats. lol

• Like 1

sybdragon    980

My brother and my husband are allergic to bees stings. My brother to the red wasp and my hubby to the honey bee. They both avoid those and have epi pens for them. They both eat honey with no effects and no allergies. Honey is not poison. My hubby even eats the wax, loves it. I don't, but he does. So that is  not why you are allergic to honey. There is something else. Honey is really a miracle liquid. It is liquid gold.... Tasty too. :D