Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
McWest

Giant Wolves Run Alongside Car On Highway

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, radio doc said:

and to rip out some liberal livers at closing time?

*facepalms and smirks a little behind it*

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, radio doc said:

and to rip out some liberal livers at closing time?

One can only hope... lol

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Groove said:

Little guy looks like he was just having fun racing the car lol. But yeah that thing is huge. All we have around my way are coyotes and they don't get anywhere that large. 

Canada and Alaskan have some big wolves, i have seen a few that were probably in the 200 lb. range. most are not that big. BUT they are a very interesting animal to see and watch, IF or when they LET you.  very smart and have to be to survive man and weather in that area of the world. I watched several times how they would trap a moose or caribou in a place that was almost impossible for them to escape and then wear them down until they could kill them. sad to watch in one way but very cunning from the wolf's perspective. I was always glad they did not become a problem for me to have to deal with.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

My favorite essay is about wolves, a beautifully crafted warning about interfering with the balance of nature 👉  http://www.eco-action.org/dt/thinking.html

If only stupid humans would learn how to restore wolves to their rightful places -- to control feral cats and coyotes and overpopulations of deer and rodents which make rural living difficult -- yeah, and if wishes were BMWs, beggars would ride around in style.

Not that I hate coyotes, which also help reduce damage from rabbits and rats. One of my favorite picks of animal literature is Mark Twain's account of a coyote whose talents he admired. Talk about speed! Do coyotes lol? Prolly. @RabidWolf will prolly like this.

full text at.   http://www.coyotetale.net/roughing.php

But if you start a swift-footed dog after him, you will enjoy it ever so much- especially if it is a dog that has a good opinion of himself, and has been brought up to think he knows something about speed. The coyote will go swinging gently off on that deceitful trot of his, and every little while he will smile a fraudful smile over his shoulder that will fill that dog entirely full of encouragement and worldly ambition, and make him lay his head still lower to the ground, and stretch his neck further to the front, and pant more fiercely, and stick his tail out straighter behind, and move his furious legs with a yet wilder frenzy, and leave a broader and broader, and higher and denser cloud of desert sand smoking behind him, and marking his long wake across the level plain!

And all this time the dog is only a short twenty feet behind the coyote, and to save the soul of him he cannot understand why it is that he cannot get perceptibly closer; and he begins to get aggravated, and it makes him madder and madder to see how gently the coyote glides along and never pants or sweats or ceases to smile; and he grows still more and more incensed to see how shamefully he has been taken in by an entire stranger, and what an ignoble swindle that long, calm, soft-footed trot is; and next he notices that he is getting fagged, and that the coyote actually has to slacken speed a little to keep from running away from him- and then that town dog is mad in earnest, and he begins to strain and weep and swear, and paw the sand higher than ever, and reach for the coyote with concentrated and desperate energy. This "spurt" finds him six feet behind the gliding enemy, and two miles from his friends. And then, in the instant that a wild new hope is lighting up his face, the coyote turns and smiles blandly upon him once more, and with a something about it which seems to say: "Well, I shall have to tear myself away from you, bub- business is business, and it will not do for me to be fooling along this way all day"- and forthwith there is a rushing sound, and the sudden splitting of a long crack through the atmosphere, and behold that dog is solitary and alone in the midst of a vast solitude!

It makes his head swim. He stops, and looks all around; climbs the nearest sand mound, and gazes into the distance; shakes his head reflectively, and then, without a word, he turns and jogs along back to his train, and takes up a humble position under the hindmost wagon, and feels unspeakably mean, and looks ashamed, and hangs his tail at half-mast for a week. And for as much as a year after that, whenever there is a great hue and cry after a coyote, that dog will merely glance in that direction without emotion, and apparently observe to himself, "I believe I do not wish any of that pie."

:gsbrnint:

Edited by grav
4 people like this

Most people do not realize how big these wolves are....scary big.   I saw one running on the side of the freeway just like this..there was an elk farm just up the road from where he was running from, he was probably out for an easy snack.

These are not your average gray wolves they are timber wolves and there is not much they are afraid of...gulp.

Man those wolves are getting it!  Look like they can keep that speed up awhile

Funny this thread came out, I woke up the other morning dreaming about wolves.I had 2 grey hybrid's with just enough dog to make them legal. I cried for days when I lost them.

4 hours ago, NowServingNumber52 said:

Sweet !!!!!

Right?!

There average size I've seen bigger up here Magnificent animals to see in the bush

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

the pa game commission claims "theres no wolves in pa" no remote enough areas here they say.

i guess this is cat territory, we have lots of big cats in the woods, maybe thats why the wolves dont come here?

there was a news story today about someone breeding wolves as pets.

http://fox6now.com/2017/03/19/30-wolf-dog-hybrids-14-horses-seized-in-northern-wisconsin/

"The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says authorities had received complaints about the owner breeding wolf-dog hybrids — the result of breeding a wolf with a domestic dog. Residents also complained about the animals frequently escaping, posing a public safety risk."

above quoted from link.

they are cool looking, but dangerous! buy a huskie instead!

a dog mating with a wolf? ill bet that's interesting! what if the wolf didnt want sex on the first date and just wanted dinner instead? lmao! 

not tonight ive got a headache, but i am hungry!

Edited by radio doc
add