Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Mr Anti-PC

any fishermen?

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

or fisherladies on the board?

just wanted to show of one of my catches today on the ice...lol

had a few more just a bit smaller than this tank.

sXL746E.jpg

Edited by Mr Anti-PC

Nice fish..... Did it put up a good fight? It looks like a good fighter... :nodl:

Nice. We don't have a lot of inland game fish in NZ, just Brown trout Rainbow trout sea runner trout and Salmon in a few rivers. No Bass or anything like that.

Most of the good fishing is done off the beach with surf caster, or even long lines set by canoe for people who don't want to go home hungry.

You get Cod, red and blue, Snapper, Kawhia (not sure what you would call them in other countries) Yellow eyed mullet, King Fish, Marlin (not off the beach, but yes for Kingfish you can catch them off the beach here) Gurnard, Butter fish, Elephant fish, John Dory (not off the beach) Orange Roughie, Crayfish (Spiny Rock-lobster, no claws with a very meaty tail) Abalone (Paua in NZ), Mussles, Oysters, Pacific oysters, Kina, lots of sharks. If you have a boat the species you can get goes up dramatically as NZ is a series of Islands.

Some NZ fly fishing and the legendary mouse year.

Guy where I last lived caught a trout with 9 mice in it's gut from the mouse plagues when the trees fruit well in the bush. Big fish when it those years.

It would be mad to fish NZ, I watch 'Big Angry Fish' and the Kingies and Snapper those guys catch on the Corramandles-? Are just freaking awesome.

Not to say Aus doesn't have good fishing though.

BTW, awesome fish dude!!!

This thread has been moved to the Off-Topic Forum!