Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
grav

NASA says earth is round. Where's the proof?

grav   
grav
On 7/8/2015 at 10:46 PM, Sky Cat said:

^ Sorry, Grav, but all the claims and conclusions drawn in the statements there are simply incorrect and demonstrate a lack of understanding of perspective, optics, physics and computer science.

Yes, you should be sorry -- that is a sorry defense. You left out a few items -- reasons!

Really, Cat this is pretty lame. Let me show you how to argue . . . with evidence.

I thought I had addressed perspective already. For example, look at the sharp line of the moon's horizon above. Does it look natural?

Human eyesight has a limited range, say 20 miles. The ground (bottom surface) extends to the same distance. Where the angles of the 2 lines meets is the vanishing point, beyond which we can't see. What we call the horizon is an optical illusion.

I asked if the  horizon in the first moon picture above looked natural. The answer is "no, hell no." Why? The line ends like it sits next to a cliff. NASA has clearly created a false horizon in the pic. It's clearly a movie set. Stanley Kubrick left many cinematic booboos in the "training" photo shots he created with Front Screen Projection, which was cutting edge for the times:

See the horizontal line past the LM? You see it in almost every lunar photo. Duh, the hill was added to the studio photo! And the surface is Portland concrete gray? when other pictures show it brown? Obvious fakery that would not pass muster with modern Photoshopping. At least this picture doesn't have shadows going in opposite directions, dune buggy with wheels suspended in mid-air while the driver is standing, tire tracks that start from nowhere, etc. 

Some ct thinkers focus on one aspect of the NWO Ponzi scheme. That makes no sense. Religion and history and science have all falsified reality since the beginning. 

Humans may have gone to the moon. But not in Apollo missions. Do some research. 

So when you bump the thread with clownish posts, you exhibit the same gullibility as the Muggles who believe we have 2 political parties and beneficial vaccines. And all the other dog and pony shows that "journalists" talk about. Yeah, and the Stock Market isn't rigged. And Stone Age humans built the pyramids, etc. etc.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed by the lack of intellectual rigor of posters.

I had hoped a fellow science cynic would have shown up

No, Grav, you still do not 'get' my point(s)...

Thus-far you have not provided a shred of evidence to support the claims being made.  ALL the statements made in this thread claiming "flat earth" are bogus, and can absolutely be proven to be so (mostly with logic alone.)  I can absolutely both disprove the statements made AND absolutely prove the Earth is spherical.

The main point is: Why should I drag myself into this discussion, which would tie me up for hours, even days or longer (mostly with explaining the details of what my proofs would show) ?

Give me one good reason why I should even consider engaging such a discussion, much less argument, and expend my time and energy on such, when I have better things to do?

Give me one good reason to do so and I will consider engaging the topic head on with more proof and evidence than most would care to even shake a stick at.

grav   
grav

No, Grav, you still do not 'get' my point(s)...

Thus-far you have not provided a shred of evidence to support the claims being made.  ALL the statements made in this thread claiming "flat earth" are bogus, and can absolutely be proven to be so (mostly with logic alone.)  I can absolutely both disprove the statements made AND absolutely prove the Earth is spherical.

The main point is: Why should I drag myself into this discussion, which would tie me up for hours, even days or longer (mostly with explaining the details of what my proofs would show) ?

Give me one good reason why I should even consider engaging such a discussion, much less argument, and expend my time and energy on such, when I have better things to do?

Give me one good reason to do so and I will consider engaging the topic head on with more proof and evidence than most would care to even shake a stick at.

Cat, why bump the thread if you don't engage? You don't have to post if you don't think it's worth your while. I have spent my adult life questioning 2 things: authority and reality. Apparently you don't.

Therefore, by the powers vested in me as the OP of this vexatious thread, I hereby grant thee permission to abandon this quest. :bananadancing:

Cat, why bump the thread if you don't engage? You don't have to post if you don't think it's worth your while. I have spent my adult life questioning 2 things: authority and reality. Apparently you don't.

Therefore, by the powers vested in me as the OP of this vexatious thread, I hereby grant thee permission to abandon this quest. :bananadancing:

Why?  I was trying to tell you, gently, that all this info is bogus.  Why bother? ...because you are a part of this forum, a place I enjoy.  I don't know you, yet I have come to know you to an extent as a member of this forum.  It is my preference, as a member of this forum, to see it's members retain as high a level of integrity as possible, so if I can assist anyone who might be onto something false, to see that it's false, I tend to do so.  If I had 'all the time in the world' I would happily respond to each and every point made in this thread and add a number of proofs as to a spherical Earth.  If I were to even respond to one or two points I know either you- or others would desire to engage me in discussion, and one question would lead to more, etc.  This is why I have not engaged any specific claim and point thus far.  No, I do not desire to "change anyone", I do not desire to tell anyone what to believe; however, if I happen to be around and see someone making mistakes, I will, at least point it out to them; and this is what I have done here.

Clearly you have little time for real logic and real reason, else you would apply your mind and see the errors in what these people are putting out there, and fooling you and others with in the process.  Quite apparently, you are pushing this stuff purely as opinion; and that's fine, I have no issue with people and their opinions.  No, logic and reason have not been sufficiently applied with regards to the material being presented in this thread.  You are being fooled.  It is as simple as that.

With that said, I will leave you to your opinions and not reply to any further posts you make on the subject.

Please don't try to make things personal as I see you attempting to do.  It saddens me to you see you go to 'that length'.  As for your "questioning authority" remark.  LOL, I've taken nothing at all from any so-called "authority". (When I was at school I would tell them to go to hell, etc.)  All that I can provide as evidence and proof (and it would easily fill a book) is of my own making (with some good extra bits and pieces from other free-thinking individuals.)

Have fun with your thread, Grav.  May it at least comfort you in some way.

Malevolent    2,818
On 7/7/2015 at 2:34 PM, k9 said:

Hey Falke im sorry for calling you stupid , the mods here are ok with people talking about how many cats they have killed but its unacceptable to call someone the S word.

Apologies good sir/madam.  

No sweat, just not the way to engage in any debate - I have inner peace!

grav   
grav

Here are some videos with questions that current science does not answer.

The first one shows a balloon rising above earth. The camera pans over a constantly flat horizon.

The second one is from Mr. Thrive and Survive, who usually talks about financial matters and the coming collapse. I know the rebel flag controversy  is more important, as well as the other news items in the MSM. Small potatoes, imo, compared to the falsehoods embedded in our myopic view of the world.

Mr. T's video investigates several issues -- Einstein's theory of relativity, the air flowing at speeds inconsistent with the planet's rotation at 1000 mph (gravity keeps the air steady?? who knew?), and the experiment to disprove the purported "fall-off" from earth's curvature. By that, I mean that it should be impossible to see small objects on the ground at a distance of just a few miles. Here is one calculation by a photographer:

http://www.davidsenesac.com/Information/line_of_sight.html

Distance    Height
 Miles      Feet [feet per mile, y'all, not inches]
--------------------------
  1.0        0.67
  1.23       1.0
  3.0        5.95
  3.9       10
  6.0       23.8

10         66
 12.3      100
 20        264
 30        595
 39       1000
 40       1060

The problem is, we can't easily prove the drop in our line of sight unless we have a level playing field with an consistent altitude above sea level. Let's say we do and conduct an experiment.

For example, if you plant a 3-ft.yardstick on the the level ground - and set up a telescope 6 miles away -- and adjust the lens to match the yardstick -- you should only be able to see the top one foot of the yardstick. The bottom 2 feet of the stick will be obscured by the earth's curvature. At just one mile away, you should be able to see the top 2 feet of the yardstick, the bottom one foot being hidden from sight. Yes, other charts say the same.

Who can perform an experiment? Only someone with an unobstructed view for at least one mile on perfectly flat ground. Maybe the Bonneville Salt Flats. It's about 12 miles long. Look at the chart above. Is it possible for two people to stand 10 miles apart and see (with binoculars) each other's feet? The chart says no, because the surface curves down 66 feet. That's the round earth theory.

If you're not curious about this thing, please don't respond with asinine comments. So far no one has stepped up to the plate. Remember that the horizon is an optical illusion. Our eyes can only see the horizon in a circle because of the vanishing point. It remains constant as we turn 360 degrees.

YourMom2    1,354

I find it disconcerting that CTers complain about integrity in discussing flat earth. Is the lie too big to comprehend? I've only been researching a few months and have yet to witness any real proof of ball earth. Aside from theories, engineers that design bridges many miles in length do not have to compensate for building on a sphere. For me, the real conspiracy is how Copernicus and company (with the help of Magellon) convinced entire populations they were living on a ball with such little proof. It looks like the same agenda driven nonsense we live with today with science fiction perpetuated as fact by NASA.  The "photos" they take from millions of miles away (even billions!) is laughable.

Mark Sargent is another researcher that suggests we live in a closed environment similar to The Truman Show. Like Crow777, he allows the data to take him wherever it may lead. I agree about Admiral Byrd.........returns from the Arctic with claims of vast riches and then poof...treaty is signed and nobody gets to visit, mine, drill, etc. Greedy corporations just leave it alone?? Sure.

YourMom2    1,354

A crappy camera I suppose?

That's really cool how the capsule stays perfectly still as does the camera. Shouldn't there be some visible clouds floating above the earth's surface? NASA cgi earth really makes the rounds! Conveniently not copyrighted. In this promotion it's not what you see, it's what you DON'T see and that's true for all their stunts including the moon landing.

grav   
grav

That's really cool how the capsule stays perfectly still as does the camera. Shouldn't there be some visible clouds floating above the earth's surface? NASA cgi earth really makes the rounds! Conveniently not copyrighted. In this promotion it's not what you see, it's what you DON'T see and that's true for all their stunts including the moon landing.

Not only are you a good writer, you continue to impress me with the breadth and depth of your understanding about The Big Picture. As you know too well, many people who think they're conspiracy thinkers are afraid to go into the deep water.

It's comforting for many to paddle around in the shallow end of the pool, dealing with aliens and the puny affairs of man and his politics. Science has gotten its tentacles into the brains of humans who trust this main branch of the mind control. It's always been the case. The Body Scientific changes its collective mind about physics and astronomy all the time. And people, including part-time ct-ers, nod their heads and say OK. 

I'll watch the Mark Sargent video tomorrow when my server allows. It's very confining to do the research I'd like to with my gb caps. Videos eat up my allowances. So I appreciate your contributions and references. I've read about Byrd's expedition before. A woman, whose name I can't recall, tried a similar project, likely in Antarctica. I believe she did not survive her last attempt. I'd like to buy a book or two on the topic. I've only gotten into non-round earth seriously in the last month and am determined to catch up. Rothbard, a moon landing skeptic at LOP, inspired me to start a true-earth-shape thread here.

Excellent comments about the high jump. 

YourMom2    1,354

Grav, thank you for your kind words! After listening to Crrow777's videos I really want to know what's on the backside of the moon and if the moon isn't what we think it is then are we even in a solar system? Is planet X even real and is it under someone's control?  In this vid he talks about the Russian documents from the astrophysicist genius and hints that the creators of the system might be related to spiders....a nod to the freemason plaque "weaving spiders come not here". He also talks about blood types and that humans with a certain DNA will be eliminated. Never submit to a DNA test! Anyway, I think he's on to something with the Russian data. He's really a flat earth guy but I love how he calls out NASA on their silly photos.

I followed Rothbard's thread for awhile until it became too disruptive to read and at this stage of the game I no longer care about the math. Common sense prevails without having to bother with the THEORY of gravity and the more vids I watch of astronauts in space the more comical they become.

Here's an interesting article on San Francisco and all the masonic references. When I lived there I didn't make any of these connections and I've been to Pier 33 many times!

http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/2011/10/01/secrets-of-san-francisco/

• Like 1

GoodBees    51

When I finally got bored and curious enough to look into this obviously ridiculous subject I discounted this, that and the other until I found the smoking gun. Incontrovertible empirical evidence that the model we were taught is wrong. What was that evidence you say?

I have been contemplating doing another flat earth thread on this new site but this time start off with the smoking gun. Of course I don't need to now, thanx Grav for doing this so you can deal with all of the idiotic counter arguments this time. Like, "it is stupid" or "you are stupid" or my favorite one "you must have been home schooled".

The arctic midnight sun proves with out a doubt that the globe model does not fit the observations. In real science the hypothesis is changed in order to match the observations and not the other way around. Or even more prevalent in today's "science" is just to make shit up until the hypothesis seemingly makes sense. But I digress.

The only problem with this smoking gun evidence is that only a person with a functioning brain can understand it. Unfortunately this causes more problems then most of us would like to admit because many of us have given up the ability to think in favor of the ability to be told what to believe instead. But again, I digress.

So, here is what the midnight arctic sun looks like.

Now, of course if the earth were a sphere and I stood on or near the edge of the arctic circle and watched the sun as it went around, what I should see is the sun actually slowing down and changing direction and moving in an oval motion from my perspective.

Kind of like this.

in a counter clockwise direction. If you don't understand this then you need to give it more thought. If you still don't understand this then you should probably just stick to what ever garbage you were taught as a child.

• Like 1