Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

CSB

YMCA Accused Of Censorship After Banning CNN From TVs

CSB    2,297

YMCA Accused Of Censorship After Banning CNN From TVs

Posted January 20, 2017

Not long after President-elect Donald Trump accused CNN of being “fake news” and refused to take a question from a CNN reporter, the Valparaiso Family YMCA has declared the channel off-limits in its workout room.

“To me, it’s blatant censorship that I find very surprising,” said Greg Quartucci, who has been a member of the YMCA in Valparaiso for more than a decade.

He said CNN has been a fixture on a TV at the Valparaiso Y for years.

“The timing of this was very peculiar because I think it was basically a day or two after Mr. Trump claimed that CNN was fake news,” Valparaiso YMCA member Greg Quartucci said. “I think they switched to the cooking channel.”

Link to the whole post : http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/01/20/valparaiso-ymca-accused-of-censorship-after-banning-cnn-from-tvs/

This kind of censorship I can agree with . Fake News must be stopped one way or the other ... CSB

Martin    234

LOL, censorship? It's not like they are stopping anyone from watching it at home. But when it's forced on you, then that's a problem.

It’s all about freedom and opportunity

Well exactly. But he's ok with limiting that freedom, as long as it suits his own interests.

Zing    1,006
9 hours ago, CSB said:

YMCA Accused Of Censorship After Banning CNN From TVs

Posted January 20, 2017

Not long after President-elect Donald Trump accused CNN of being “fake news” and refused to take a question from a CNN reporter, the Valparaiso Family YMCA has declared the channel off-limits in its workout room.

“To me, it’s blatant censorship that I find very surprising,” said Greg Quartucci, who has been a member of the YMCA in Valparaiso for more than a decade.

He said CNN has been a fixture on a TV at the Valparaiso Y for years.

“The timing of this was very peculiar because I think it was basically a day or two after Mr. Trump claimed that CNN was fake news,” Valparaiso YMCA member Greg Quartucci said. “I think they switched to the cooking channel.”

Link to the whole post : http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/01/20/valparaiso-ymca-accused-of-censorship-after-banning-cnn-from-tvs/

This kind of censorship I can agree with . Fake News must be stopped one way or the other ... CSB

CNN is banned in my home.