Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Portland protests begin Thursday with student walkout

Cinnamon    26,124

PORTLAND, Ore. – The first significant protest in Portland surrounding the presidential inauguration of Donald Trump is scheduled to take place Thursday afternoon, when hundreds of high-school students plan to walk out of school and gather at Pioneer Courthouse Square.

The protest, organized by the Portland Student Action Network, specifically targets Besty DeVos, Trump’s pick for education secretary whose recent confirmation hearing drew sharp criticism. DeVos is a champion of charter schools and her policies could threaten federal funding for public schools. 

<snip>

http://www.kgw.com/news/politics/elections/portland-protests-begin-thursday-with-student-walkout/388417641

Go ahead and dumb yourselves down even more... but then... you got common core so maybe leaving is a good idea.

Groove    2,156

Wow. If my kids were to walk out of class over stupidity I'd send thier butts to military school. Luckily they are not liberals. 

YW5vbnltb3Vz   
YW5vbnltb3Vz

was nice to see the mayor on local news telling blocking highways or public trans would not be tolerated.

who knows, maybe portland got a decent mayor this time?

Cinnamon    26,124
34 minutes ago, YW5vbnltb3Vz said:

was nice to see the mayor on local news telling blocking highways or public trans would not be tolerated.

who knows, maybe portland got a decent mayor this time?

Maybe, that would be good. But that governor of theirs needs recalled. 

Oregonian    605

Think about this.

When Obama won his first term did thousands protest and walk out of schools and block highways and riot?

The answer is an astoudingly clear NO

When Obama won his second term did hordes cause problems?

No

When Obama force fed us Obama Care.......No

Etc, etc etc

What we have here....is a very clear example of how conservatives are smarter, more patient, non radical, level headed etc etc and understand that sometimes our guy wins and sometimes he doesn't.

The Democrats don't seem to understand that sometimes their guy wins and sometimes he doesn't. Its clear to me that Democrats are entitled radicals who throw "hissy fits" and riot and protest when they don't get their way.

That party is dangerous and the retards who block highways are blocking commerce and parents from getting their kids from school etc

Im 42 now and see that the democrats have infiltrated and taken over high schools, colleges, blacks, Latinos and SJWs. 

They actually have our youth in their grasp and with minorities pumping out kid after kid after kid it seems like a dictatorship is in the making once the baby boomers and country folk are dead and gone.

All hail trump

Build the wall, make my concealed carry permit national, make principals institute the pledge of allegiance, secure our country, ally with Russia and fix Europe and please.....for the love of god.....teach the kids about the 2 party system.

Jostler    2,216

I almost want to laugh :)  Portland is very rainy and these snowflakes run inside at the first sign of it :)  I don't think this crowd will be able to sustain any kind of consistent, long term protest :)

Uncle Nobby    1,271

maybe, with a day away from the shite they teach in schools these days, a day away from their indoctrination might teach them something real.

or not.

:merryxmas: