Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads! Or to Access Our Chatroom!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Talon

CNN Is Hiring An "Angry" 'Fake News' Reporter, Must Be "Intimately Aware Of The Darkest Corners Of The Web"

Recommended Posts

 Talon    716

As The Hill reports, "CNNMoney is expanding its Media team," a Turner job advertisement reads.

"We're going to be examining the wave of 'fake news' stories and the people behind them, but more than that we're going to be looking at truth -- what happened to it, why so many of us no longer believe it, and where those people are going to get their information instead."

 

CNN wants someone with six years of writing and reporting experience who gets "angry every time they see an inaccuracy."

 

"This writer should live on the Internet, and be intimately aware of its darkest corners. They should be capable of doing a quick news story, and of spending days or weeks obsessing about a subject," the ad continues. "They should get angry every time they see any inaccuracy in any story, whether large or small, and whether published by a fake news site or a real one."

Well that could get a little awkward for some of CNN's lead anchors, and as a reminder, CNN's media team is led by "Reliable Sources" host and senior media correspondent Brian Stelter.

Other qualifications include "debunking myths," "confronting the 'real' media about the role it's playing," and "keeping tabs on fake news stories bubbling up around the Internet, and turning around quick articles about them."

 

"They should be the kind of person who can't pass by a single rabbit hole without being desperate to jump in to see where it leads. And they should be able to tell a story that people can't help reading," the job description concluded.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-19/cnn-hiring-angry-fake-news-reporter-must-be-intimately-aware-darkest-corners-web

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    26,285
3 minutes ago, Talon said:

As The Hill reports, "CNNMoney is expanding its Media team," a Turner job advertisement reads.

"We're going to be examining the wave of 'fake news' stories and the people behind them, but more than that we're going to be looking at truth -- what happened to it, why so many of us no longer believe it, and where those people are going to get their information instead."

 

CNN wants someone with six years of writing and reporting experience who gets "angry every time they see an inaccuracy."

 

"This writer should live on the Internet, and be intimately aware of its darkest corners. They should be capable of doing a quick news story, and of spending days or weeks obsessing about a subject," the ad continues. "They should get angry every time they see any inaccuracy in any story, whether large or small, and whether published by a fake news site or a real one."

Well that could get a little awkward for some of CNN's lead anchors, and as a reminder, CNN's media team is led by "Reliable Sources" host and senior media correspondent Brian Stelter.

Other qualifications include "debunking myths," "confronting the 'real' media about the role it's playing," and "keeping tabs on fake news stories bubbling up around the Internet, and turning around quick articles about them."

 

"They should be the kind of person who can't pass by a single rabbit hole without being desperate to jump in to see where it leads. And they should be able to tell a story that people can't help reading," the job description concluded.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-19/cnn-hiring-angry-fake-news-reporter-must-be-intimately-aware-darkest-corners-web

Everyone on this site qualifies... so they gonna hire us all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sulie   
Sulie
34 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Everyone on this site qualifies... so they gonna hire us all? 

Lol...Go watch keeping Up With the Kardashians....shhhhhh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    26,285
Just now, Sulie said:

Lol...Go watch keeping Up With the Kardashians....shhhhhh!

I don't have cable, thank goodness. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sulie   
Sulie
Just now, Cinnamon said:

He is too flip floppy... 

 Nobody does fake tears like Mr. Beck...:clap2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sulie   
Sulie
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

I don't have cable, thank goodness. lol

Lol, I fell alseep with the television on the other day, and woke up to that crap. :scream:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Tarmalen    1,320
2 minutes ago, Sulie said:

 Nobody does fake tears like Mr. Beck...:clap2:

Lol...here...lets add more context on what we think of him for those that don't know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sulie   
Sulie
4 minutes ago, Tarmalen said:

Lol...here...lets add more context on what we think of him for those that don't know.

 

Lol, that's hilarious. What's with the goatee? Looks like he could be the next Col. Sanders rep for KFC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Groove    2,162
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

Everyone on this site qualifies... so they gonna hire us all? 

Heck yeah. I needs a full time job doing something. Lol. But I wonder if they will ever label their own news as fake. They have been caught numerous times and never admit they made a mistake. Hell they are still pushing that fake Russia report as real and it's been admitted as a fake. Ugh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Tarmalen    1,320
4 minutes ago, Groove said:

Heck yeah. I needs a full time job doing something. Lol. But I wonder if they will ever label their own news as fake. They have been caught numerous times and never admit they made a mistake. Hell they are still pushing that fake Russia report as real and it's been admitted as a fake. Ugh. 

They were caught numerous times REMOVING text to spin a quote to fit their narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×