Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

U.S. scientists officially declare 2016 the hottest year on record. That makes three in a row.

Ukshep

In a powerful testament to the warming of the planet, two leading U.S. science agencies Wednesday jointly declared 2016 the hottest year on record, surpassing the previous record set just last year — which itself had topped a record set in 2014.

Average surface temperatures in 2016, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, were 0.07 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than 2015 and featured eight successive months (January through August) that were individually the warmest since the agency’s records began in 1880.

The average temperature across the world’s land and ocean surfaces was 58.69 Fahrenheit, or 1.69 degrees above the 20th-century average of 57 degrees, NOAA declared. The agency also noted that the record for the global temperature has now successively been broken five times since the year 2000. The years 2005 and 2010 were also record warm years, according to the agency’s data set.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/01/18/u-s-scientists-officially-declare-2016-the-hottest-year-on-record-that-makes-three-in-a-row/?utm_term=.962e4016139a

WAPO! Should have known lel! But i know its been freezing for me......

sodbuster

In the late 70's I was going to college in Montana, and one of my professors was a retired Air Force Colonel. He also happened to be a Russian interpreter, and had interpreted for  Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger in the negotiation of the SALT I, strategic nuclear arms limitation treaty. I say this to point out that he was no dummy. Anyway, one day he brought in two climate scientists from another university, and it struck me as odd because the climate subject in no way related to the focus of the class. These climate scientists gave us a very detailed presentation on the NATURAL cyclical warming and cooling of our planet. Stated simply when the earth warms over thousands of years due to solar heating, this eventually causes higher amounts of water vapor to be held in the atmosphere. Over thousands of years, this extra water vapor forms persistent clouds which eventually cools the planet, and on rare occasions is so powerful as to cause an "ice age". When the earth cools over thousands of years, the water in the atmosphere condenses and returns to earth as precipitation. When sufficient water has exited the atmosphere, sunlight is again able to start warming the planet, and the cycle repeats. Because I got good information in my youth, I have always been skeptical about the claims of man-made global warming.

I hate this shit. Wanna know why?

Tools for gauging temperature were anywhere from 3-4 degrees off only as far back as the 90s.

The tools we use today are far more accurate. This shit is fake, FAKE, f**kINFAKE!

sodbuster
14 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

I hate this shit. Wanna know why?

Tools for gauging temperature were anywhere from 3-4 degrees off only as far back as the 90s.

The tools we use today are far more accurate. This shit is fake, FAKE, f**kINFAKE!

And why would they promote this fakery? Just ask Al Gore and a number of others who had positioned themselves to make millions and millions off of the "solution" for fake man-made global warming. Once again, to find the answer "follow the money".

Sulie
1 hour ago, sodbuster said:

In the late 70's I was going to college in Montana, and one of my professors was a retired Air Force Colonel. He also happened to be a Russian interpreter, and had interpreted for  Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger in the negotiation of the SALT I, strategic nuclear arms limitation treaty. I say this to point out that he was no dummy. Anyway, one day he brought in two climate scientists from another university, and it struck me as odd because the climate subject in no way related to the focus of the class. These climate scientists gave us a very detailed presentation on the NATURAL cyclical warming and cooling of our planet. Stated simply when the earth warms over thousands of years due to solar heating, this eventually causes higher amounts of water vapor to be held in the atmosphere. Over thousands of years, this extra water vapor forms persistent clouds which eventually cools the planet, and on rare occasions is so powerful as to cause an "ice age". When the earth cools over thousands of years, the water in the atmosphere condenses and returns to earth as precipitation. When sufficient water has exited the atmosphere, sunlight is again able to start warming the planet, and the cycle repeats. Because I got good information in my youth, I have always been skeptical about the claims of man-made global warming.

Yep. It is a natural cycle, and proven even through tree rings. The Dark ages was not called that for no reason.

http://www.priweb.org/globalchange/climatechange/studyingcc/scc_01.html

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5883141/using-tree-rings-to-determine-the-start-of-the-medieval-dark-ages

grav

Shep, can Brits grow grapes for wine? I read somewhere that it was possible in a warm period during medieval times. Then an ice age set in and only ended in the late 19th century. So when scientists establish records to measure against, how can they say with a straight face what normal is?

http://www.brophy.net/PivotX/images/medievalwarmperiod_resize75.jpg

http://www.timeline2012.net/images/earth-events-intro/1iceagecoresampledata.jpg

Scientists also do the same thing with graphs that prove vaccine efficacy. Problem is, if their graphs went back to 1900, they would see that death by diseases (measles, mumps, scarlet fever, etc.) were already falling precipitously, thanks to septic systems replacing outhouses and street alleys.

Am I saying that we should not trust the Body Scientific? If any scientist works for the government or a university, yes. Trust NO Authority.

1 hour ago, grav said:

Shep, can Brits grow grapes for wine? I read somewhere that it was possible in a warm period during medieval times. Then an ice age set in and only ended in the late 19th century. So when scientists establish records to measure against, how can they say with a straight face what normal is?

Scientists also do the same thing with graphs that prove vaccine efficacy. Problem is, if their graphs went back to 1900, they would see that death by diseases (measles, mumps, scarlet fever, etc.) were already falling precipitously, thanks to septic systems replacing outhouses and street alleys.

Am I saying that we should not trust the Body Scientific? If any scientist works for the government or a university, yes. Trust NO Authority.

I trust what learned.

Nothing more than the natural cycle of Earth. These cycles just happen to coincide with that shrinking magnetic field which is the precursor of pole movement. 

Ukshep
1 hour ago, grav said:

I think its been done yes! But i maybe i am wrong!

Umm I remember hotter years wapo. Honestly 2015 summer was hotter than 2016 summer, in Louisiana anyway. And if I'm not mistaken 2014 was hotter than 15. We broke 100 numerous days in 14 and a few in 15. Barely broke 95 this year but the index was up there, around 110 for a few weeks straight. But actual temps weren't that high. Soooo... I wanna know where their data comes from. Liers. 

sodbuster

A  friend at work told me today that he now believes in global warming because of all the snowflakes suffering meltdowns. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.