Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

PrincessButtercup

those charity commercials

They raised an entire generation on those commercials with the starving kids overseas and made us feel responsible for teaching them common core instead of those old enough to work, teaching them how to survive and thrive with what they got. 

They finish school and realize they are not able to advance in their village.  Instead of helping to improve the standard of living and chance of survival of their tribes and villages.  

They send these people to all of the pre-conditioned Western world.

There's a mini side-story in a Tom Robbins book that discusses a type of monkey that lived on two islands separated by a certain distance to where neither colony has access to know what the other is doing.  Despite this, when one colony figured out something to improve their life, the other colony discovered it as well without coaching or input.  

I'm not advocating complete segregation, i just think letting or making people stay within their "state" to improve it, allowing travel and internships outside to bring home that info.  They then must make one substantial improvement to their village/tribe, ie teaching how to and bldg X# of homes that are durable, and must stay home doing such improvements for a probationary period of a number of yrs and must teach 3 from their village before they can move to a western country for work.  I think this at least helps improve the health and welfare of those they leave behind and also improves the village to where less want to leave over time.

I feel this should not conflict with the UN's list of human rights.  I think that refugee status should remain on hold for everyone in the world until the terrorism issue is pacified.

My thoughts.   

PS-people of all religions and locations should be allowed to drink on NYE.  

Jostler    2,216
On 1/17/2017 at 6:46 PM, PrincessButtercup said:

... i just think letting or making people stay within their "state" to improve it, allowing travel and internships outside to bring home that info.  They then must make one substantial improvement to their village/tribe, ie teaching how to and bldg X# of homes that are durable, and must stay home doing such improvements for a probationary period of a number of yrs and must teach 3 from their village before they can move to a western country for work.  I think this at least helps improve the health and welfare of those they leave behind and also improves the village to where less want to leave over time.

I feel this should not conflict with the UN's list of human rights.  I think that refugee status should remain on hold for everyone in the world until the terrorism issue is pacified.

My thoughts.   

PS-people of all religions and locations should be allowed to drink on NYE.  

That's a very interesting idea :) 

@JostlerThank you ^_^  I think it could be plenty of different things: as long as they improve the welfare of their tribe/village, not just bringing in money, but actually improving the standard of living, it would be allowed. 

Jostler    2,216
3 minutes ago, PrincessButtercup said:

@JostlerThank you ^_^  I think it could be plenty of different things: as long as they improve the welfare of their tribe/village, not just bringing in money, but actually improving the standard of living, it would be allowed. 

oh I'm having fun mulling over the details.  I think many, many creative variations on your main idea could be incredibly beneficial ....thanks for the mind expansion :)