Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads! Or to Access Our Chatroom!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Talon

Scientists Activate Predatory Instinct in Mice

Recommended Posts

 Talon    716

Neural circuits in the amygdala are responsible for predatory behavior in mice, according to a study published January 12 in Cell. Using optogenetics, a technique that uses light to turn neural circuits on and off, a group of researchers led by neuroscientist Ivan de Araujo of Yale University was able to turn docile mice into ruthless hunters.

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/48000/title/Scientists-Activate-Predatory-Instinct-in-Mice/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Zimix99    1,037

Optogenetics, Is this something a computer monitor or tv could be modified to produce? Imagine what would happen if they could? Holy shit. Is this how the zombie apocalypse starts? Not undead but instead a bunch of people who had there "I'm going to f**k shit up" center of the brain activated by a tv show or a website on the internet? Freaky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Jostler    2,216
6 minutes ago, Zimix99 said:

Optogenetics, Is this something a computer monitor or tv could be modified to produce? Imagine what would happen if they could? Holy shit. Is this how the zombie apocalypse starts? Not undead but instead a bunch of people who had there "I'm going to f**k shit up" center of the brain activated by a tv show or a website on the internet? Freaky.

this is related to "epigenetics" which is all the rage among genetic researchers lately.  And you correctly identify the threat.  Lots of research into just what behavioral changes might be hardwired into existing dna and switched on or off by environmental stimuli.

Aggression levels are one of the main areas of interest to the  supersoldier researchers.  You see the word "berserker" a lot when looking over their research.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Zimix99    1,037
1 minute ago, Jostler said:

this is related to "epigenetics" which is all the rage among genetic researchers lately.  And you correctly identify the threat.  Lots of research into just what behavioral changes might be hardwired into existing dna and switched on or off by environmental stimuli.

Aggression levels are one of the main areas of interest to the  supersoldier researchers.

So we're all at risk just by using our every day screens and what ever else? Or at the very least, will be in the foreseeable future? Sounds like we need to find a way to protect ourselves. For all we know everyone could already be carrying a gene encoding opsin which has been hidden in plain site for years (food and water) just waiting to be sent an activation signal via our optical nerve. Unless it has to be tailored specifically for the individual? Or does it just target a specific area and is "1 size fits all".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Jostler    2,216
10 minutes ago, Zimix99 said:

So we're all at risk just by using our every day screens and what ever else? Or at the very least, will be in the foreseeable future? Sounds like we need to find a way to protect ourselves. For all we know everyone could already be carrying a gene encoding opsin which has been hidden in plain site for years (food and water) just waiting to be sent an activation signal via our optical nerve. Unless it has to be tailored specifically for the individual? Or does it just target a specific area and is "1 size fits all".

I don't know how far the research has progressed, but several different methods of switching genes on and off are on the table.  I *suspect* it's more difficult than modulating a TV screen but specific info is obviously incomplete down here at the mushroom level.

All I know for sure is that epigenetics are of great interest to the black ops community and are being studied from a multitude of angles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Jostler    2,216

The actual study:

http://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(16)31743-3#sec4

 

it appears they were using direct stimulation of the brain with laser light

http://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(16)31743-3#sec4

 

 

as well as chemical stimulation, though I haven't figured out how the chemicals were delievered to the  brain...not clear in the video

Quote

When an annoying moving artificial prey was placed in the cage, 0’00”: Optogenetic activation of CeA, led mice to pursue, bite, and restrain a moving artificial prey. Note stretching of the neck and the release of biting attacks, followed by biting and “prey” restraint using the forepaws. 0’39”: Upon chemogenetic stimulation of CeA, mice begin to “hunt” artificial prey. 1’01”: Predatory effects produced by simultaneous co-activation of central amygdala terminals in reticular formation and central gray (CeA=>PCRt + CeA=>PAG activation).

http://www.cell.com/cms/attachment/2080299340/2071745398/mmc3.mp4

 

Sustained laser stimulation produced sustained effects, including actual consumption of inedible material (wood)

http://www.cell.com/cms/attachment/2080299340/2071745394/mmc4.mp4

 

I'll keep reading and see if I can figure out how the chemical stimulation (same effects) was administered.  Interesting stuff :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Zimix99    1,037
1 minute ago, Jostler said:

 

 

 

as well as chemical stimulation, though I haven't figured out how the chemicals were delievered to the  brain...not clear in the video

They are put into a virus and the animal is than infected. Now you know :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Jostler    2,216
Just now, Zimix99 said:

They are put into a virus and the animal is than infected. Now you know :P

I had already seen enough references to recombinant DNA and viruses to suspect that, just wanted to do a bit more reading to confirm it.  Pretty sure you're right on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Zimix99    1,037
2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I had already seen enough references to recombinant DNA and viruses to suspect that, just wanted to do a bit more reading to confirm it.  Pretty sure you're right on that one.

I don't know a lot about it personally, But I assume the virus they use depends on what they are targeting. Some viruses will go straight for the brain, others the lungs, heart, etc etc. 

 

Google has a nice little diagram http://optogenetics.weebly.com/uploads/6/6/7/1/6671814/109682706.jpg?602 (epigenetics/optogenics) pretty much the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Jostler    2,216

I long ago swore off any and all vaccinations after I learned the power of RNA and virus vectors.  It puts a scary light on the fact that virus particles have been discovered in some chemtrail sample analysis as well :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Zimix99    1,037
4 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I long ago swore off any and all vaccinations after I learned the power of RNA and virus vectors.  It puts a scary light on the fact that virus particles have been discovered in some chemtrail sample analysis as well :/

I've already accepted the fact that everyone and everything is trying to harm me, kill me, control me. Basically don't even leave my house any more :(. Can't fight it because it's everywhere :\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 majoga    429

My inclination is to say that I'll be impressed when they activate common sense in sheep. However, maybe this is how they make the sheep. I dunno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×