Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

The Trump Effect: Hyundai-Kia To Spend $3.1Billion In U.S. Over 5 years; Create New Jobs

Cinnamon    26,128

Obamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Where WERE YOU THE PAST 8 MISERABLE-FOR-AMERICANS-YEARS?

Hyundai-Kia Joins List Of Companies Boosting Manufacturing In The U.S.

It is becoming a daily occurrence Another day, another company announcing that it will be investing and creating more jobs in the USA.

Hyundai-Kia has announced that they will be investing over $3 Billion in the United States to boost their manufacturing efforts and to avoid getting hit by a massive tariff that will be imposed on companies that manufacture outside the U.S. and export their products into the country.

>SNIP>

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/01/trump-effect-hyundai-kia-spend-3-1billion-u-s-5-years-create-new-jobs/

Brio    1,038

I'm not keen on seeing the trade wars develop because I work in an industry that relies on importing to the US (lumber) but it isn't about me, it's about the USA and American jobs. I just don't want Trump trying to force us into exporting our own natural resources for manufacturing in the US. If you want 2x4s to build houses, cut down your own trees, otherwise buy our boards. That's not unfair.

Cinnamon    26,128
Just now, Brio said:

I'm not keen on seeing the trade wars develop because I work in an industry that relies on importing to the US (lumber) but it isn't about me, it's about the USA and American jobs. I just don't want Trump trying to force us into exporting our own natural resources for manufacturing in the US. If you want 2x4s to build houses, cut down your own trees, otherwise buy our boards. That's not unfair.

I don't know why they aren't doing that anyway. We used to, right? We used to grow green beans here, too... but the frozen ones at the store say CHINA! omg?! lol fn green beans? Nothing is sacred! And we get tomatoes imported from Canada... wtf? I don't get all of this stupidity! 

Brio    1,038
Just now, Cinnamon said:

I don't know why they aren't doing that anyway. We used to, right? We used to grow green beans here, too... but the frozen ones at the store say CHINA! omg?! lol fn green beans? Nothing is sacred! And we get tomatoes imported from Canada... wtf? I don't get all of this stupidity! 

It's hard to find produce locally grown here too, it ALL says 'product of China'. Cheap labor. The Okanagan (just a few hours from here) has the best orchards in Canada but all the apples are shipped to China to be turned into juice then sent back. Most of the apples we can buy are Washington grown. Corporations know no national boundaries, that's what 'free trade' is all about. Corporations maximizing their profits.

Cinnamon    26,128
Just now, Brio said:

It's hard to find produce locally grown here too, it ALL says 'product of China'. Cheap labor. The Okanagan (just a few hours from here) has the best orchards in Canada but all the apples are shipped to China to be turned into juice then sent back. Most of the apples we can buy are Washington grown. Corporations know no national boundaries, that's what 'free trade' is all about. Corporations maximizing their profits.

The food can qualify for frequent flyer miles! :chasetail: Those apples have traveled more than I have. 

Brio    1,038

Anyways. It's about freakin time someone stepped up to the plate and stopped that 'giant sucking sound'.

Brio    1,038
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

The food can qualify for frequent flyer miles! :chasetail: Those apples have traveled more than I have. 

:chuckle: 

Ronin    276
26 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

we've got shelves full of products from everywhere. something shady as f**k going on there too because--as just one example--we can get these cookies with "made in UK" slapped on the package, and they cost less than the local variety. so apparently shipping things all over the world costs less than locally produced.

as for this Hyundai-Kia thing. i posted a video the other day in another thread when y'all where talking about GM or Ford.

^as it says. that's the mexcio plant. and wherever they setup a factory... that's what they get. that's what they're all doing. so you have to understand... people are being replaced. when you think "manufacturing", i think you're being very naive if you think that means lots of jobs. it doesn't. watch the vid. come into the actual reality, and ye shall see. and it's not just manufacturing.