Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Gaius Marius

Follow the money

Gaius Marius    122

I can't possible see any solution for a good working society as long as we still are using money... There will always be corruption, we will always produce shitty items that are meant to be replaced after few years, there will always be wars, there will always be people living i poverty and people dying of starvation. 

Why can't we just get rid of money and start doing everything we do on this planet for everybody's best? In 2017 that should be possible.
Then people can thrive instead of doing everything for the money, we will get the sharpest minds to the school to teach our children - cause money ain't a problem anymore. We don't have to over-consume, cause nobody is earning money on anything anymore.. 

I have enough faith in humanity to imagine that this would work, but the people I speak with always says "no - people wouldn't work if they didn't earn money for it"

This is also maybe the only way to get out of the claws of the international banksters..

Peace!

Sulie   
Sulie

I will be happy to accept money from anyone who wants to stop using theirs.

Gaius Marius    122
10 minutes ago, Sulie said:

I will be happy to accept money from anyone who wants to stop using theirs.

of course you will, most people would. me as well. but that wasn't the idea. the idea was a world without money.

Sulie   
Sulie
Just now, ImTheAntiChrist said:

of course you will, most people would. me as well. but that wasn't the idea. the idea was a world without money.

If you are referring to a bartering system, ideally that is the way it should work. 

I went out early this morning to run errands, and there was a line at a Starbucks that extended onto the roadway, blocking traffic. How do you propose that many folk barter for their daily cup of Joe at a drive through window?

Gaius Marius    122
3 minutes ago, Sulie said:

If you are referring to a bartering system, ideally that is the way it should work. 

I went out early this morning to run errands, and there was a line at a Starbucks that extended onto the roadway, blocking traffic. How do you propose that many folk barter for their daily cup of Joe at a drive through window?

We don't have to barter anything, do we? Could just pick that up for free. In a evolved society there is no need for money. Greed is what are holding us back.

Sulie   
Sulie
1 minute ago, ImTheAntiChrist said:

We don't have to barter anything, do we? Could just pick that up for free. In a evolved society there is no need for money. Greed is what are holding us back.

Somebody still has to pick those coffee beans.

LuckyBolt    1,714

There has to be an exchange of some sort.  Look at nature for examples; the trees fall their leaves to create food for insects and microbes, turning it into soil.  CO2 is turned into air for us to breath.  And so on...

In order for there to be a money-less system, we have to create an exchange that is considered balanced.  Looking at it from a simple point of view, we have a very complex human construct and society that can't be easily measured.  We have always exchanged some type of good or service for something in return.

With the human ego in place, it would be hard to develop a system on good faith and service without an equal exchange.  People are too greedy, selfish, & sinful to trust that a balance in the human species could be met.

What needs to happen first and foremost is the understanding of our relationship to the Earth.  We've separated ourselves from what truly feeds and clothes us.  Once you can establish a connection with someone to nature, they'll be able to comprehend the idea of a money-less system with exchange through bartering and time. 

The difficult part is classifying and valuing "time" because that is how societies measure everything.  1 hour of time for you, is different than 1 hour for someone else.  A lawyer makes $300/hr while the farmer makes $7.  You'd have to completely destroy the concept of time in order to make a money-less system work. 

How do we then measure things? 

Gaius Marius    122
10 minutes ago, Sulie said:

Somebody still has to pick those coffee beans.

Is so hard to imagine that somebody maybe loves picking coffee beans? It's not like everybody wanna do the same things and live the same life as you, my friend. I do not even drink coffee :)

Gaius Marius    122
2 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

There has to be an exchange of some sort.  Look at nature for examples; the trees fall their leaves to create food for insects and microbes, turning it into soil.  CO2 is turned into air for us to breath.  And so on...

In order for there to be a money-less system, we have to create an exchange that is considered balanced.  Looking at it from a simple point of view, we have a very complex human construct and society that can't be easily measured.  We have always exchanged some type of good or service for something in return.

With the human ego in place, it would be hard to develop a system on good faith and service without an equal exchange.  People are too greedy, selfish, & sinful to trust that a balance in the human species could be met.

What needs to happen first and foremost is the understanding of our relationship to the Earth.  We've separated ourselves from what truly feeds and clothes us.  Once you can establish a connection with someone to nature, they'll be able to comprehend the idea of a money-less system with exchange through bartering and time. 

The difficult part is classifying and valuing "time" because that is how societies measure everything.  1 hour of time for you, is different than 1 hour for someone else.  A lawyer makes $300/hr while the farmer makes $7.  You'd have to completely destroy the concept of time in order to make a money-less system work. 

How do we then measure things? 

I do not think we should measure things, by measuring things it's easy to differentiate ourself from each other. Look at the ants, all they do all day is to work for each other's best in the colony

Sulie   
Sulie
10 minutes ago, ImTheAntiChrist said:

Is so hard to imagine that somebody maybe loves picking coffee beans? It's not like everybody wanna do the same things and live the same life as you, my friend. I do not even drink coffee :)

When given the option of doing the least amount of work to survive, the larger portion of the population would. It's human nature.

Gaius Marius    122
1 minute ago, Sulie said:

When given the option of doing the least amount of work to survive, the larger portion of the population would. It's human nature.

I don't believe that, humans have to do something to be happy. Try to lie on the couch 24/7/365 and check how happy you will become :)

LuckyBolt    1,714
1 minute ago, ImTheAntiChrist said:

I do not think we should measure things, by measuring things it's easy to differentiate ourself from each other. Look at the ants, all they do all day is to work for each other's best in the colony

Ants work to procreate and serve the colony and the queen.  They've been doing the same thing since ants were brought into this world.
We also work to essentially procreate and serve our colony and its leaders.  It's the same construct as any other living organism.  The big difference is technology has given us many different options and ways to live. Agriculture has allowed us to stay in one place and grow food.  Once agriculture took hold, that's when the slave system was adopted.

I'm starting to wonder now if A.I. and robotic systems will help us to achieve a money-less system.  As long as the robots don't figure out that they're slaves, we'll be ok.  lol