Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

WINNING! GM Will Invest Over $1 Billion In New US Factories, Create More Than 1,000 New Jobs

GM Is The Latest Trump Victory

It’s hard to believe that Donald Trump isn’t already the President considering that he is already running the United States and it feels like he has already done more for the American economy in his 2 months as President-Elect than President Obama did in 8 years.

<snip>

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/01/winning-gm-will-invest-1-billion-new-us-factories-create-1000-new-jobs/

Uh... Obama... are you watching this happen? 

I'm not sure what incentives Trump is offering to keep these jobs in the US but if he's half the business man he seems to be he's done the c/b ratio. Unlike Obama who only added EBT cards and cell phones (made in China) to the economy.

2 minutes ago, Brio said:

I'm not sure what incentives Trump is offering to keep these jobs in the US but if he's half the business man he seems to be he's done the c/b ratio. Unlike Obama who only added EBT cards and cell phones (made in China) to the economy.

My guess is he's giving them really good tax relief. But if you think about it it's better for GM/Ford/Chrysler to reinvest in us jobs and the companies pay for benefits than taxpayers 

From what I've heard it's a 35 percent tariff for bringing in their foreign made garbage. Good incentive there! 

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

From what I've heard it's a 35 percent tariff for bringing in their foreign made garbage. Good incentive there! 

That can be a double edged sword and may set off a massive trade war but... this isn't about the rest of the world, it's about the USA and so it has to be. At least Trump is doing something. All obama did was create more debt and drop more bombs.

11 minutes ago, Brio said:

That can be a double edged sword and may set off a massive trade war but... this isn't about the rest of the world, it's about the USA and so it has to be. At least Trump is doing something. All obama did was create more debt and drop more bombs.

The U.S. is the dumping ground for every country (almost) to drop their goods, that's why we don't make anything, too cheap to bring in to bother. What it's really about are companies who were rewarded for taking jobs out of America, making cheap goods that they charge the same as if they were made in America and don't have to pay anything for the privilege or the profit and they also got to keep their Trademarks which, to me, is bullshit because the goods are shit and the brand is DEAD due to quality issues. 

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

The U.S. is the dumping ground for every country (almost) to drop their goods, that's why we don't make anything, too cheap to bring in to bother. What it's really about are companies who were rewarded for taking jobs out of America, making cheap goods that they charge the same as if they were made in America and don't have to pay anything for the privilege or the profit and they also got to keep their Trademarks which, to me, is bullshit because the goods are shit and the brand is DEAD due to quality issues. 

I lay that at the feet of the central banks, creating cheap debt. Easier to pull out the plastic. And consumers who purchase cheap plastic pumpkins, they could have chosen otherwise but contributed to the demise of the middle class. I wonder if those credit cards are made in China too. That would be an ultimate irony.

5 minutes ago, Brio said:

I lay that at the feet of the central banks, creating cheap debt. Easier to pull out the plastic. And consumers who purchase cheap plastic pumpkins, they could have chosen otherwise but contributed to the demise of the middle class. I wonder if those credit cards are made in China too. That would be an ultimate irony.

Come shop with me Brio, there are few choices for anything but cheap imported trash. Everything is made somewhere else. And probably yeh, even the plastic cards. Debt hasn't been cheap here for ccards since the TARP bailout. It's high interest rates even if you have a high credit score. Store cards run around 25 apr and banks you bank with are at 14 or 15 percent. No more cheap money to be had and hasn't been for a long time. 

Even if you're willing to pay more for a quality product, it simply doesn't exist most of the time. 

I want to buy U.S. made first, but usually German and Canadian goods are well made too. It's the 3rd world trash that is not cheap you have to buy several of one thing each year because it falls apart. Clothing is horrid, too. Wear and throw. LOL Or look like you got it out of a garbage dump. 

Also, people don't have much money here to spend so of course they're going to buy the cheapest thing, many have to choose between gas and food or buying something else. Obama and his part time job exemption for Obamacare wrecked the job market, too. Lots of people work 2 or 3 jobs to make rent and food and transportation. If they get a flat tire... they're screwed because the Chinese tires cost about a hundred bucks. 

Something's gotta change here and quick. I'm surprised people didn't riot already, rather than sit here and take this shit that has been dished out past administrations, warmongers, criminals and sellouts. Republicons AND demonrats.

Sulie

Will it lower the cost of a car, so that purchasing one does not rival the cost of a home mortgage?

Just now, Sulie said:

Will it lower the cost of a car, so that purchasing one does not rival the cost of a home mortgage?

It would probably be about the same, except the quality should be much higher than what we get now. Hopefully! 

Sulie
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

It would probably be about the same, except the quality should be much higher than what we get now. Hopefully! 

I don't get that. American workers expect to be paid more. That IS why factories moved to 3rd world countries. I envision a bubble bursting, that will show the product does not meet it's actual production costs, like housing, or the cost of a postage stamp. 

It's going to get very ugly.

1 minute ago, Sulie said:

I don't get that. American workers expect to be paid more. That IS why factories moved to 3rd world countries. I envision a bubble bursting, that will show the product does not meet it's actual production costs, like housing, or the cost of a postage stamp. 

It's going to get very ugly.

They moved to exploit cheap labor and avoid any environmental impact laws. And they avoided paying taxes in the U.S. all the way from building permits to income taxes and business permits, left tons out of work here furthering the downward spiral. The people who made these so called trade agreements were traitors to America. Their excuse was that Chinese would buy American goods and Mexicans etal would buy American goods, what a load of bullshit. What Mexican or Chinese (average joe) can afford shit besides fish and a tortilla? Moving jobs and industry out of America brought us down, now we have to build it back up. They charged the same for these goods even AFTER they did all of that. Prices didn't go down for us, they went up even more.