Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

One Step Away

More than 80 false killer whales dead in South Florida

More than 80 false killer whales dead in South Florida

"More than 80 false killer whales have been found dead after stranding themselves along the remote coast of Southwest Florida in Everglades National Park, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reported Monday."

"95 -- The number of false killer whales reported stranded and the largest ever to occur in Florida."

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/environment/article126855309.html

Earthquake warning? ...

13 minutes ago, Team Uzi said:

Obama's paranoid actions against Russia allowed the Navy to deploy this sonar system recently.

"Recently"? Sonar has been beaching whales for decades. If you see more than one or two beached, I can just about guarantee there's a sub nearby.

Just keep in mind that pinging another boat can be considered an act of war. 99.9% of all sonobouys dropped simply "listen".

Team Uzi
2 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

"Recently"? Sonar has been beaching whales for decades. If you see more than one or two beached, I can just about guarantee there's a sub nearby.

Just keep in mind that pinging another boat can be considered an act of war. 99.9% of all sonobouys dropped simply "listen".

Yes recently extremely low frequency sonar has been developed that either deafen whales which kills them or , at closer range, explodes their internal organs. (which kills them)

I'm not talking old school sonar technology, I talking about sonic equipment that can be used for long distance location or sonic weaponry.

Much is classified but...

http://www.lfas.net/sonarkillswhales.htm

Active sonar is active sonar whether it's used for navigation or finding targets. The reason for using a lower frequency, less gets converted to heat so it can be used at greater distances. Whales and dolphins actually develop nitrogen bubbles in their blood and suffer decompression sickness. As I said, it's been happening for decades whether the systems used SLF, ELF, or just Low Freq.

10 minutes ago, One Step Away said:

When I see these dolphin die offs (false killer whales are part of the oceanic dolphin family: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_killer_whale), it reminds me of "me tel u"!  Anyone familiar?  ...

"Me tel u watch dolphin" ...

Thanks for that link. I was wondering what a false killer whale was, but got sidetracked.

We have quakes all over and more animals going crazy. Now if we understand how these animals all communicate.... and i think many already do! then this could be a warning for the area!

Nearly 100 beached false killer whales die while being stranded in South Florida

EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, Fla. (WSVN) — Nearly 100 false killer whales that were stranded off of Everglades National Park have either died or have been euthanized over the weekend in the largest mass stranding of this species in history.

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), on Saturday, Jan. 14, nearly 100 false killer whales were spotted on the western side of Everglades National Park, north of the Highland Beach area.

Several agencies, including NOAA Fisheries and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), were then dispatched in order to confirm the beaching of the black, false killer whales.

The agencies attempted to heard the whales, but were unsuccessful at doing so. The whales then scattered and spread out, many getting deeply tangled in the mangroves.

http://wsvn.com/news/local/nearly-100-beached-whales-die-after-being-stranded-in-south-florida/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.