Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Dead People Doled Out $2.6 Billion Worth of Food Stamps

Dead retailers redeemed more than $2 billion worth of food stamps, according to a new audit.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s inspector general reviewed billions of transactions through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps. It found that thousands of stores authorized to accept food stamps were using the Social Security numbers of deceased persons.

An audit released Thursday found instances of potential fraud where the Food and Nutrition Service issued food stamps through stores that claimed to be owned by children or the dead.

“We found that 3,394 authorized SNAP retailers (retailers) used Social Security Numbers (SSN) that matched SSNs of deceased people,” the inspector general said. “Additionally, 193 retailers listed owners who were not at least 18 years of age. While FNS did have some controls to edit or verify SNAP retail owner information, these controls were not adequate to ensure owner information accuracy.”

Between October 2013 and June 2015, the inspector general identified 3,394 stores owned by 1,819 people who were using SSNs listed on the Social Security Administration’s Death Master File.

<snip>

http://freebeacon.com/issues/dead-people-doled-2-6-billion-worth-food-stamps/?utm_source=Press List&utm_campaign=9ac629bebf-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_01_14&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5b0ef94baa-9ac629bebf-25550329

How does America even survive with all the fraud, waste and abuse that goes on, on every damn level????? How do these people get away with what they do? EVERYTHING i do is FULLY VETTED from my driver's license to my dog license and this kind of crap goes under the radar? 

8 minutes ago, MKMinimum said:

Dead Clinton voters get SNAP too?

Damn, they got it all going for them.

:tongue:

paid 6 feet -under- the table

Sulie

That's just the tip of the iceberg, as far as fraud goes. Imagine the BILLIONS of dollars for people who sell them? There is always going to be e way to abuse a system, and I think some amount of fraud expectstion is built onto it. But what percentage? 

You have:

Dead people abusing

People who sell stamps

Retailers who exchange food stamps for things like cigs

People who collect from more than one state

People collecting with undeclared income....

To be sure, there's more.

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

Dead retailers redeemed more than $2 billion worth of food stamps, according to a new audit.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s inspector general reviewed billions of transactions through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps. It found that thousands of stores authorized to accept food stamps were using the Social Security numbers of deceased persons.

An audit released Thursday found instances of potential fraud where the Food and Nutrition Service issued food stamps through stores that claimed to be owned by children or the dead.

“We found that 3,394 authorized SNAP retailers (retailers) used Social Security Numbers (SSN) that matched SSNs of deceased people,” the inspector general said. “Additionally, 193 retailers listed owners who were not at least 18 years of age. While FNS did have some controls to edit or verify SNAP retail owner information, these controls were not adequate to ensure owner information accuracy.”

Between October 2013 and June 2015, the inspector general identified 3,394 stores owned by 1,819 people who were using SSNs listed on the Social Security Administration’s Death Master File.

<snip>

http://freebeacon.com/issues/dead-people-doled-2-6-billion-worth-food-stamps/?utm_source=Press List&utm_campaign=9ac629bebf-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_01_14&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5b0ef94baa-9ac629bebf-25550329

How does America even survive with all the fraud, waste and abuse that goes on, on every damn level????? How do these people get away with what they do? EVERYTHING i do is FULLY VETTED from my driver's license to my dog license and this kind of crap goes under the radar? 

You pose a great question.  How does America survive  with all the fraud, waste, and abuse that goes on  ....?  I  thInk America survives  because the vast majority of Americans  contribute to this country by working and paying their taxes.  

Imagine what would happen to the economy if we all decided not to go to work for a week-- no stores open for business, no airplanes for travel, no services of any kind.   If Hillary would've won the election, we may  have found out what it's like to live in out a Third World country  because it be even more corrupt.

Sulie
Just now, Zing said:

You pose a great question.  How does America survive  with all the fraud, waste, and abuse that goes on  ....?  I  thInk America survives  because the vast majority of Americans  contribute to this country by working and paying their taxes.  

Imagine what would happen to the economy if we all decided not to go to work for a week-- no stores open for business, no airplanes for travel, no services of any kind.   If Hillary would've won the election, we may  have found out what it's like to live in out a Third World country  because it be even more corrupt.

That won't do a damn thing. Stop paying taxes. Claim 99 for state and Federal taxes. 

16 minutes ago, Sulie said:

That won't do a damn thing. Stop paying taxes. Claim 99 for state and Federal taxes. 

I wasn't trying to do anything other than explain why we are functioning despite the fraud, waste, and abuse going on.

I read somewhere that taxes on income is actually unlawful in the US.    Wonder when we are going to have another tea party. 

1 minute ago, Zing said:

I read somewhere that taxes on income is actually unlawful in the US.    Wonder when we are going to have another tea party. 

The reasoning behind that is that supposedly the 16 Amendment was not ratified. And there is no law in the tax code that says we must pay taxes. You know, how they keep saying it's voluntary? However, if you don't pay up, you know what will happen. This is a classic example of the Marxist/Communist mind set. 

Sulie
4 minutes ago, Zing said:

I wasn't trying to do anything other than explain why we are functioning despite the fraud, waste, and abuse going on.

If you claim 99 dependents on a bi-weekly paycheck, along eith everyone else on the country, what do you think would happen? Either the government shuts down, or??????