Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

BREAKING: Bill Introduced In Congress to Eliminate ATF

Cinnamon    26,128

<snip>

Today, Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner reintroduced the ATF Elimination Act, legislation that would dissolve the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and merge its exclusive duties into existing federal agencies.

Additionally, the Act calls for an immediate hiring freeze at the agency and requires the Department of Justice (DOJ) to eliminate and reduce duplicative functions and waste, as well as report to Congress with a detailed plan on how the transition will take place. Further, it would transfer enforcement of firearms, explosives and arson laws to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and illegal diversion of alcohol and tobacco products would be transferred to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).

Under this bill, the DEA and FBI would be required to submit to Congress a plan for winding down the affairs of the ATF after no more than 180 days, and field offices, along with other buildings and assets of the ATF, would be transferred to the FBI. It would have one year to report excess property to the General Services Administration (GSA).

<snip>

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/01/foghorn/breaking-3/

As crooked as the FBI is, would this be an improvement? They'll probably just hire more FBI agents. 

Kirkman   
Kirkman

I could help them with info about former FBI agent Danny Coulsen's coordinating with BATF when they obstructed justice and misled Reno NV US Attorneys.

To bad this isn't a real ct forum.....because you could gather info that is embarrassing to BATF-FBI-NSA.

Zing    1,006
59 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Well, essentially we should disband every agency and form one. Which should be DHS.  That is my opinion.

IMHO, DHS  is too big and powerful as it is.  I would disband DHS and give their duties back to the agencies that they originally came from.

thedudeabides    2,540
41 minutes ago, Zing said:

IMHO, DHS  is too big and powerful as it is.  I would disband DHS and give their duties back to the agencies that they originally came from.

I just like the name. 

Zing    1,006
1 hour ago, thedudeabides said:

I just like the name. 

Thanks 😊