Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Commanding general of D.C. National Guard to be removed from post (on Inauguration Day!)

Cinnamon    26,214

The U.S. Army general who heads the D.C. National Guard and is an integral part of overseeing the inauguration said Friday he has been ordered removed from command effective Jan. 20, 12:01 p.m., just as Donald Trump is sworn in as president.

Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz’s departure will come in the midst of the presidential ceremony, classified as a national special security event — and while thousands of his troops are deployed to help protect the nation’s capital during an inauguration he has spent months helping to plan.

“The timing is extremely unusual,” Schwartz said in an interview Friday morning, confirming a memo announcing his ouster that was obtained by The Washington Post. During the inauguration, Schwartz would command not only the members of the D.C. guard but also an additional 5,000 unarmed troops sent in from across the country to help. He also would oversee military air support protecting the nation’s capital during the inauguration.

<snip>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/commanding-general-of-dc-national-guard-to-be-removed-from-post/2017/01/13/725a0438-d99e-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?utm_term=.979ea7d57ee0

Unusual? Wth is going on here? It's a lot more than unusual to me. 

Groove    2,156

This is strange!!!! Why the hell would Obummer fire him at 12:01 just as trump is being inaugurated... Hmmmm. Wonder if that plays into the riots that are planned that day? With out the commanding officer who is leading? 

Cinnamon    26,214

This reminds me of that video of the JFK assassination when that body guard was told to stand down and he jumped off the car and stood in the road using body language that said wtf?  I don't like it either. This reeks of conspiracy. 

Cryptic Mole    4,733

@Cinnamon If you cut off the head of the snake, the rest of the body becomes immobilized and has lost its complete chain of command right on down the line.

Remember 911 and how the communications and command failed?

No one knew just who was in charge.

Ring any bells?

Should be sending up all sorts of major red flags!

Groove    2,156
2 minutes ago, Cryptid Mold said:

@Cinnamon If you cut off the head of the snake, the rest of the body becomes immobilized and has lost its complete chain of command right on down the line.

Remember 911 and how the communications and command failed?

No one knew just who was in charge.

Ring any bells?

Should be sending up all sorts of major red flags!

Bingo

Cinnamon    26,214

Also from the article:

Unlike in states, where the governor appoints the National Guard commander, in the District that duty falls to the president.

^^^ 

Obama... again. One last clusterf**k! And if you read the entire article it doesn't mention a replacement. Sooo we have all the National Guardsmen out on the streets and no one to command them? 

Cryptic Mole    4,733

The guy who is being removed should be secretly setting up a new chain of command by placing another person in charge who was/is just below his command.

Cinnamon    26,214
1 minute ago, Cryptid Mold said:

The guy who is being removed should be secretly setting up a new chain of command by placing another person in charge who was/is just below his command.

I wonder what Trump is going to say about this? They will be aware of it. Luckily, he won't be quiet about anything. So I wonder if he'll tweet about this. 

Cryptic Mole    4,733
2 minutes ago, Groove said:

Bingo

It's all common sense stuff!

There's no need to be a rocket scientist here with this one.

Cryptic Mole    4,733
Just now, Cinnamon said:

I wonder what Trump is going to say about this? They will be aware of it. Luckily, he won't be quiet about anything. So I wonder if he'll tweet about this. 

I'll bet he has already secretly assigned a replacement himself.