Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
NowServingNumber52

Killer whale at center of 'Blackfish' dies

Rate this topic

(CNN)Tilikum, the killer whale involved in the deaths of three people, including SeaWorld trainer Dawn Brancheau in 2010, has died, SeaWorld reported Friday.

Tilikum was at the center of the 2013 CNN documentary "Blackfish."

"Tilikum passed away early this morning, January 6, surrounded by the trainers, care staff and veterinarians that provided him around-the-clock world-class care," SeaWorld said on its website.

SeaWorld reported in March that the orca -- estimated then to be 35 -- may be dying. It also announced then that it would no longer house the whales at its water parks.

"Tilikum had, and will continue to have, a special place in the hearts of the SeaWorld family, as well as the millions of people all over the world that he inspired," SeaWorld president and CEO Joel Manby in a statement. "My heart goes out to our team who cared for him like family."

The company has come under fire for its treatment of killer whales since the 2013 CNN documentary.

Rest....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/06/us/sea-world-orca-tilikum-dies/index.html

Redneck   
Redneck

Good riddance. It should have been put down after the FIRST person it killed. 

The deplorable one   
The deplorable one

When you hold a wild animal for personal enjoyment it is sick. They belong to be free.  What did they do to deserve this nothing.  

Sulie   
Sulie
4 hours ago, Redneck said:

Good riddance. It should have been put down after the FIRST person it killed. 

Or released?

Redneck   
Redneck

Not released, put down just like every other animal that shows a proclivity to killing humans. I'm not saying I agree with his captivity or not, but when an animal kills a person it should be immediately humanely euthanized.  Definitely NOT used as the cornerstone of a breeding program that is attempting to domesticate said species. This fish is the whale equivalent of Charles Manson, yet his genes now make up half of most killer whales in captivity. No wonder it's not working out. What did he do to deserve this? HE KILLED THREE PEOPLE, that's what. 

The deplorable one   
The deplorable one

So if you where taking away from your family.  Held against your will. Where forced to preform in front front of people. Would you act out?   I would look into how those orcas are treated there. Do some research. Find out about them. 

Sulie   
Sulie
3 hours ago, Redneck said:

Not released, put down just like every other animal that shows a proclivity to killing humans. I'm not saying I agree with his captivity or not, but when an animal kills a person it should be immediately humanely euthanized.  Definitely NOT used as the cornerstone of a breeding program that is attempting to domesticate said species. This fish is the whale equivalent of Charles Manson, yet his genes now make up half of most killer whales in captivity. No wonder it's not working out. What did he do to deserve this? HE KILLED THREE PEOPLE, that's what. 

It was a killer whale. They kill, hence the name. Lol

It's a know fact they can confuse a swimming, or surfing human being as a seal, because thats what the eat.

Your Charles Manson analogy? When did he kill? He got other people to do that for him, so he is smarter than a killer whale, lol....you really didn't go there....