Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
sodbuster

US makes the Christian persecution list for the first time

Rate this topic

sodbuster   
sodbuster
Posted (edited)

"The United States has for the first time been named among the top 12 nations where Christians are targeted for their faith by a persecution watchdog group in its "Hall of Shame" report for 2016. We felt it was very important this year that we highlight three countries where religious discrimination and persecution are deemed unusual but have reached a certain threshold of concern. These are Mexico, Russia, and sadly, the United States," explained in a press release Jeff King, president of International Christian Concern.

"While conditions in the US are in no way comparable to other countries on the list, a certain segment of the culture and the courts seem to be intent on driving faith out of the public square. There have been too many court cases with bad decisions to miss the clear trend line. Christians in the U.S. are facing constant attacks in the media, where they are portrayed as bigoted, racist, sexist, and close- minded," the report argues, highlighting in part the battle between traditional marriage and LGBT-supporting groups."

Nigeria, northern Iraq, Syria and North Korea were named the "worst of the worst" for Christian persecution.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/12-worst-christian-persecution-nations-us-makes-list-for-first-time-172551/

American citizens are being discriminated against because of their Christian faith. Even worse, they are being killed because of their beliefs throughout the world: "Christians continue to be the most persecuted believers in the world with over 90,000 followers of Christ being killed in the last year, according to prominent Italian sociologist and author Massimo Introvigne.... which equates to one death every 6 minutes on average, Introvigne added."  The total number of Christians killed in 2016 has actually decreased from last year's findings of about 105,000, Introvigne relayed, adding that 70 percent of the Christians killed this year were slain in tribal conflicts in Africa. The other 30 percent was killed in terror attacks, government persecution and attacks on Christian villages across the globe.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/90000-christians-killed-in-2016-1-every-6-minutes-study-172464/

This is just one more reason why I loath the Muslim Barack Hussien O'bomba and his faithless regressive SJWs.

Edited by sodbuster

zero   
zero

:yeah2:

I see it all the time.

One Step Away   
One Step Away

And will get worse ... I don't think the pendulum will be swinging back on this ... :(

sodbuster   
sodbuster
1 minute ago, One Step Away said:

And will get worse ... I don't think the pendulum will be swinging back on this ... :(

I fear the same, but am always hopeful that things can be nudged in our favor. After all, I really didn't think Trump had a chance to prevail over the Clinton crime machine. So, sometimes we just never know. Faith is the belief in things unseen.

Cinnamon    16,273
1 hour ago, sodbuster said:

I fear the same, but am always hopeful that things can be nudged in our favor. After all, I really didn't think Trump had a chance to prevail over the Clinton crime machine. So, sometimes we just never know. Faith is the belief in things unseen.

We're on a roll at the moment. :) Things are going to swing back to normalcy, even if it takes some sacrifice. 

Sulie   
Sulie

Diversity. How's that working out for us?

The sad fact to me is, Christians in the U.S. have slumbered to their rights. Like this country was based on Christian values, America was set up also to be accepting of all who seek refuge here. It's in the Constitution. We can't have our cake, and eat it, too.

The Whaaaaa outcry? Should have seen it coming. A true Christian should NOT be upset for having faith tested.