Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Sulie

Ever tried?

Rate this topic

Sulie   
Sulie

Tried living a different lifestyle to understand people? Outside of your comfort zone?

My sister, killed herself in 2015. She lived like a pauper. When she did not have a place to live, she lived in her car, always claiming poor.

She left me, a sizeable inheritance, so, tried to retrace her steps. I lived in my car for over a month, trying to understand it all. In the places she had been, meeting some of the people she knew.

I was stolen from. Had a guy teach me how to make prison meals. I talked to a naked woman with a syringe hanging out of her arm. I wanted to understand.

My sister was none of those things, but she lived like she was.

The sad story is she was incredibly insane. Never had to go through most of what she did.

Part of my heart died along with my big sister. I had mailed her a key, always telling her to come live with me..

It breaks my heart to this day. I really wanted to understand. The things I lived, saw, would have caused me to give up a long time ago, too, but she CHOSE IT. While she had money. Why?

Cinnamon    16,159
3 minutes ago, Sulie said:

Tried living a different lifestyle to understand people? Outside of your comfort zone?

My sister, killed herself in 2015. She lived like a pauper. When she did not have a place to live, she lived in her car, always claiming poor.

She left me, a sizeable inheritance, so, tried to retrace her steps. I lived in my car for over a month, trying to understand it all. In the places she had been, meeting some of the people she knew.

I was stolen from. Had a guy teach me how to make prison meals. I talked to a naked woman with a syringe hanging out of her arm. I wanted to understand.

The sad story is she was incredibly insane. Never had to go through most of what she did.

Part of my heart died along with my big sister. I had mailed her a key, always telling her to come live with me..

It breaks my heart to this day. I really wanted to understand. The things I lived, saw, would have caused me to give up a long time ago, too, but she CHOSE IT. While she had money. Why?

I don't know why, either, Sulie. I'm glad nothing happened to you out there that you couldn't overcome and that you weren't hurt or killed.  I've seen people do some really crazy things and still can't figure out the why of it all.  They just do.  :hug2:

sweet    3
7 minutes ago, Sulie said:

:hug:

So very sorry to hear that you went through this.

Abg   
Abg

For some money is not everything, poor people are excepting of other poor people,and addicts are excepting of other addicts.

Sulie   
Sulie
14 minutes ago, Abg said:

For some money is not everything, poor people are excepting of other poor people,and addicts are excepting of other addicts.

My sister was not an addict. She was very ill (mentally), and dissabled, physically, had Lupus. She was also extremely attractive. Never had to really want for a thing. 62 years old when she died. A size 5, long beautiful hair to her waist,  never had kids..None of us understand in the family why she died like she did. I lived her last footsteps to try and understand, and it only left me with more questions. There were no illegal drugs in her system after toxicology reports. Only her psyche meds. She overdosed on those. But...she was prescribed those to deal with the lupus. She hadnt taken the lupus meds for awhile.

Sulie   
Sulie
33 minutes ago, sweet said:

:hug:

So very sorry to hear that you went through this.

Hi Sweet. Thanks. It's been extremely rough. I wanted to be where she was. It was something else.

Scorpion    82
10 hours ago, Sulie said:

Having had a few close family members with varying forms of mental illness in my family, the one thing I can say for certain, is that you can't rationalize a mentally ill person's odd behavior.  They go through random days where their sky is clear blue, and others which are filled with the grey-est of clouds.

McWest    878
11 hours ago, Sulie said:

It just sounds like your sister was brave, not insane.  But that's my opinion.

Sulie   
Sulie
5 hours ago, Scorpion said:

Having had a few close family members with varying forms of mental illness in my family, the one thing I can say for certain, is that you can't rationalize a mentally ill person's odd behavior.  They go through random days where their sky is clear blue, and others which are filled with the grey-est of clouds.

She always kind of lived on the edge. Mostly to piss our parents off. She would only date black men. Truly a person that bucked the family system, at least.

Sulie   
Sulie
3 hours ago, McWest said:

It just sounds like your sister was brave, not insane.  But that's my opinion.

She liked to create waves. I wanted to splash in those to understand....

foxtrot2000    583

Sounds like a rough way to live. She obviously had mental issues. I don't think it is important to understand why she did what she did. I think it's more important to accept it and live with it, the best way you can. Pray for her. Ask the angels and Mother of God to bring her comfort and peace and to heal her whole. Pray for her at all times. 

Nothing wrong with talking to an objective counselor to help you through these tough times. 

If you want to do something with the $ she left you start a homeless shelter in your town or soup kitchen or something like that. Everything is ok, always. xxoo

Sulie   
Sulie
1 minute ago, foxtrot2000 said:

Sounds like a rough way to live. She obviously had mental issues. I don't think it is important to understand why she did what she did. I think it's more important to accept it and live with it, the best way you can. Pray for her. Ask the angels and Mother of God to bring her comfort and peace and to heal her whole. Pray for her at all times. 

Nothing wrong with talking to an objective counselor to help you through these tough times. 

If you want to do something with the $ she left you start a homeless shelter in your town or soup kitchen or something like that. Everything is ok, always. xxoo

Thanks. I have donated. I gave to abused woman's shelter. Clothes and cosmetics. It's important for people to feeling good about themselves. I am very impressed with the companies that donate on a very LARGE scale and oneof them is Philosophy.

Another is St. Mary's food bank, in Phoenix. I pack boxes when I have the time. It's never ending....people could do it 24/7 and still not enough. So many people in need, for so many things.