Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fourth echelon

diet drinks make "no difference in weight gain"

Diet drinks 'make no difference to weight gain and shouldn't be seen as a healthier option', experts say

Diet drinks make no difference to weight gain and should not be seen as healthier than their sugar-laden counterparts, according to a team of experts.

A review of drinks that use artificial sweeteners found there was no basis for claims that sugar free soft drinks can help fight flab or stop diseases such as Type 2 diabetes.

The research is controversial as previous studies have found that calorie-free drinks are better for health than those laden with sugar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4085054/Diet-drinks-make-no-difference-weight-gain-shouldn-t-seen-healthier-option-experts-say.html

i will still drink my diet coke and root beer, no matter what. one cannot be scared into submission and expect to enjoy  some of life's little pleasures

Zimix99    759

I think those artificial sweeteners are a lot worse than science is telling us. I too still drink diet pop, i think i'll quit though.

Ukshep    16,966
Just now, Zimix99 said:

I think those artificial sweeteners are a lot worse than science is telling us. I too still drink diet pop, i think i'll quit though.

I recently quit... i feel a ton better

Zimix99    759
Just now, Ukshep said:

I recently quit... i feel a ton better

I felt better when i replaced normal pop with diet pop, but i guess in reality i was just switching which poison i wanted. Good ol' water for me from here on out. And milk, its one thing i can never drop :P

well good for you guys. i would only consume diet drinks during summer months. after that, when temps go down in the 40's ill resort to drinking herbal teas and water.

thedudeabides    2,274

Uhmmm this is rather asinine. Many diet drinks have 0 calories. Thus meaning you gain no weight from drinking them...

Ukshep    16,966

This thread has been moved to the Survival & Health Forum!

Cryptic Mole    4,005
2 hours ago, Fourth echelon said:

Diet drinks 'make no difference to weight gain and shouldn't be seen as a healthier option', experts say

Diet drinks make no difference to weight gain and should not be seen as healthier than their sugar-laden counterparts, according to a team of experts.

A review of drinks that use artificial sweeteners found there was no basis for claims that sugar free soft drinks can help fight flab or stop diseases such as Type 2 diabetes.

The research is controversial as previous studies have found that calorie-free drinks are better for health than those laden with sugar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4085054/Diet-drinks-make-no-difference-weight-gain-shouldn-t-seen-healthier-option-experts-say.html

i will still drink my diet coke and root beer, no matter what. one cannot be scared into submission and expect to enjoy  some of life's little pleasures

How can ingesting aspartame which is a neurotoxin and bacterial feces ever be considered one of life's little pleasures?

Cryptic Mole    4,005
2 hours ago, thedudeabides said:

Uhmmm this is rather asinine. Many diet drinks have 0 calories. Thus meaning you gain no weight from drinking them...

That's simply not true. Diet drinks are known to cause at least as much weight gain as sugar drinks, and I personally know fat people who have been drinking that garbage their entire lives. I laugh at them and say, "why do you even bother?" They always say, "if I wasn't drinking this, I would be even bigger." I just laugh and say, "really, read all the research for yourself."

http://time.com/3746047/diet-soda-weight-gain/

Cinnamon    19,786

If I'm going to drink soda, it's going to be an ice cold coke laden with hfcs. LOL  Trying to remember the last time I had one, it's been awhile. I always hated diet soda, the aftertaste, to me is awful. So, now I just drink water mostly, some herbal tea and coffee in the morning. Gotta have coffee, love me some coffee. :biggrin:

Cryptic Mole    4,005
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

If I'm going to drink soda, it's going to be an ice cold coke laden with hfcs. LOL  Trying to remember the last time I had one, it's been awhile. I always hated diet soda, the aftertaste, to me is awful. So, now I just drink water mostly, some herbal tea and coffee in the morning. Gotta have coffee, love me some coffee. :biggrin:

I drink coffee, but I sweeten it with stevia.

I also make lemonade by the gallon using stevia. I also use 10,000mg of powdered/crystal Vitamin C and Liquid Chlorophyll. Looks funky, but it's healthy.

Cinnamon    19,786
1 minute ago, Cryptid Mold said:

I drink coffee, but I sweeten it with stevia.

I also make lemonade by the gallon using stevia. I also use 10,000mg of powdered/crystal Vitamin C and Liquid Chlorophyll. Looks funky, but it's healthy.

Just close your eyes. I've seen some very strange drink colors this past week myself. lmao! 

Jump To Top