Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Senate Begins Process To Repeal Obamacare

Ukshep    17,047

Here we go! Wohoo!

Trump just can't seem to lose today.  The President-elect scored two early victories with Ford announcing plans to keep a plant in the United States, a move they described as a "vote of confidence" in Trump, and the announcement that his nemesis at Fox News, Megyn Kelly, plans to move to NBC.  Now, before he's even taken office, the Senate has started preparations for a repeal of Obama's single crowning piece of legislation, the Affordable Care Act.

Moments ago, the Senate Budget Committee Chairman Mike Enzi released a 2017 budget resolution setting up the process to partially repeal Obamacare early in President-elect Donald Trump’s administration. The Senate will consider the bare-bones budget on the floor starting this week with votes expected next week.  Once the House and Senate agree on a resolution a reconciliation bill repealing parts of Obamacare could proceed. 

Of course, using the reconciliation process allows Republicans to avoid a Democratic filibuster in the Senate which is the same process that Democrats used to pass the controversial legislation in the first place.

This news follows a pair of tweets from Trump earlier this morning declaring that "Obamacare just doesn't work."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-03/senate-releases-budget-resolution-speed-obamacare-repeal

majoga    429

Might be good to let them waste time filibustering. Means the do less damage elsewhere.

zero   
zero

"Moments ago, the Senate Budget Committee Chairman Mike Enzi released a 2017 budget resolution setting up the process to partially repeal Obamacare"

What the hell does that mean, they should throw the whole thing in the trash and let insurance companies sell across state lines among other things.

They did everything they could to make sure the "free market" would fail.

How about this for another option, End the Fed and the tribute we pay to king Rothschild (income tax), use that money to build the greatest health care system in the world.

We are already use to paying income tax, at least this way we would get something for our money.

Like the old saying goes, the devil is in the details.

Sulie   
Sulie
3 hours ago, majoga said:

Might be good to let them waste time filibustering. Means the do less damage elsewhere.

Oh, damn. Fillibusters are hysterically funny. I hope if that happens, its a live broadcast.  

Cinnamon    19,900
5 minutes ago, Sulie said:

Oh, damn. Fillibusters are hysterically funny. I hope if that happens, its a live broadcast.  

I don't think they should be allowed potty breaks. <grin>

Sulie   
Sulie
5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Lol, somebody order a keg...

Tarmalen    1,165
16 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I like your thinking!

Think more devious...

Folks I will remind you there is only 24 hours of oxygen in this sealed room and every delay reduces that level by 1 hour.

Jump To Top