Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Give them a cigarette instead stupid.

Cinnamon    23,070

CDC Fears Teen Vaping Is Out Of Control Despite Plunge In 2016

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released another report with strong warnings on youth vaping, ignoring data showing a drop in the use of electronic cigarettes by teens in 2016.

The report analyzes e-cigarette use among teens in middle school and high school and chronicles their brand preferences and whether they use reusable or disposable devices. The report uses statistics published in a surgeon general report from Dec. 8, showing a massive spike in the youth vaping rate between 2011, when the products first gained traction, and 2015.

The report states that 16 percent of high school students use e-cigarettes, up from only 1.5 percent in 2011, however it ignores more recent data from the annual Monitoring the Future survey, which showed a drop in youth vaping in 2016 down to 13 percent of high school students.

Health officials for the CDC conclude the report is key to aiding their efforts to curb vaping among teens, which the CDC argues is a major health concern. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy recently suggested vaping could serve as a gateway to cigarette smoking for teens, and that e-cigarette use among America’s youth is rapidly creating a public health crisis.

“The CDC is using a fear-based outreach effort on e-cigarettes,” Dr. Edward Anselm, senior fellow at the R Street Institute, told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “The risk to young people is overstated. The recent surgeon generals report had little to say about actual harm to young people. Public perception of the harm and risk of e-cigarettes is being shaped by this disinformation and many people now believe that e-cigarettes are as harmful as combustion cigarettes.”

<snip>

http://dailycallernewsfoundation.org/2017/01/01/cdc-fears-teen-vaping-is-out-of-control-despite-plunge-in-2016/

Big tobacco is afraid everyone is going to quit smoking cigs is what this is about! 

radio doc    373

if they would have been rational about weed decades ago and not made it schedule 1. we wouldnt have the dangerous alternatives there either, imo!

k2 and so called legal alternatives started killing ppl as soon as it came out.

off topic, but a parallel example.

Cinnamon    23,070

Lawmakers Use Cigarette Arguments To Attempt To Ban Vaping

Lawmakers in a Pennsylvania county are gearing up for a vote to squash electronic cigarettes and treat the devices like traditional tobacco.

The Allegheny County Council will vote as early as Tuesday on new regulations governing vaping. It would ban the devices in any school, workplace, sports stadium, government building, bus, cab or any other public indoor space. The new law will essentially relegate use of e-cigarettes to areas where traditional smoking is allowed, reports Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/02/lawmakers-use-cigarette-arguments-to-attempt-to-ban-vaping/#ixzz4Ueo40AZK

They can do whatever they want with their laws, you can't catch a stealth vaper. lmao

CSB    2,038

I know kids here that have never smoked tobacco that are now using E-cigs  . They think it's cool and they like all the different flavors .

As for me way even start smoking . Exceptions to weed . I have never heard of any one gaining any issues from it .

:bananarasta: Crank up the music and build something ...

COBO Member    3,350
28 minutes ago, radio doc said:

if they would have been rational about weed decades ago and not made it schedule 1. we wouldnt have the dangerous alternatives there either, imo!

k2 and so called legal alternatives started killing ppl as soon as it came out.

off topic, but a parallel example.

One of my son's friends worked at a head shop and dropped by a bonfire party with a bag labeled K6. As typical, the high didn't last long. But I made sure he understood never to bring that sh!t around me again. I've had mellower highs with real hallucinogens.

CGK    2,626

Put down that cigarette and swallow a pill!

Health Benefits of Smoking Tobacco

<snip>

The most fascinating and widely recognized health benefit of smoking is its ability to seemingly alleviate symptoms of mental illnesses, including anxiety and schizophrenia. According to an article published in 1995 in Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, schizophrenics have much higher smoking rates than people with other mental illnesses, and appear to use it as a method of self-medicating. The article postulates that nicotine found in cigarettes reduces psychiatric, cognitive, sensory, and physical effects of schizophrenia, and also provides relief of common side effects from antipsychotic drugs.

More: https://www.sott.net/article/221013-Health-Benefits-of-Smoking-Tobacco

Cinnamon    23,070

When reading something like this you need suspension of disbelief. Because we all know they couldn't care less about anyone's health. Most of the time if they say don't, then I make sure I do. :cheer:

Brio    1,038

I don't get the govt's antipathy to smokers. Allegedly they die way younger so don't collect a pension, they pay way more taxes (taxes on a pack are 80% of the cost). One carcinogen in a plastic bottle is banned but 70 carcinogens in a cig is allowed? No, something's wrong.

CGK    2,626

We are all about legalizing pot for its medicinal purpose right? Marijuana is good and tobacco is bad...What?

Tobacco – A Forgotten Healing Plant

Although in present-day society associated with a myriad of health issues, including cancer and cardiovascular diseases, this plant has been used for medicinal, as well as ritual purposes for millennia. Only in the last decades tobacco has been aggressively proclaimed harmful. Up until the ‘50s they even had doctors promoting them. Why it is so?

More:

http://dotteddragonfly.com/tobacco-a-forgotten-healing-plant/

CGK    2,626

Everyone knows that the government doesn't give a shit about us. The more that die..the better. They want people to die before they get to Social Security age because the till is running dry. One would think that the government would encourage people to smoke so they would die in their 50's and not be a drain on the system.

People should be suspect of any government program that has been pushed as hard as the Quit smoking program has.

Wouldn't if be funny if the crap they throw at people through Arial spraying aka chem-trails didn't effect smokers? Their chemicals could not penetrate the lungs of smoker...How funny would that be?

Brio    1,038
4 minutes ago, CGK said:

Everyone knows that the government doesn't give a shit about us. The more that die..the better. They want people to die before they get to Social Security age because the till is running dry. One would think that the government would encourage people to smoke so they would die in their 50's and not be a drain on the system.

People should be suspect of any government program that has been pushed as hard as the Quit smoking program has.

Wouldn't if be funny if the crap they throw at people through Arial spraying aka chem-trails didn't effect smokers? Their chemicals could not penetrate the lungs of smoker...How funny would that be?

Funny you mention that. I smoke. I enjoy it and will take whatever consequences there are. I do believe those who work indoors have a much less healthy workplace. A couple years ago we're working in the dusty yard, lots of heavy equipment, 988, 966, Sennebogen, BIG equipment, so they laid down a chemical for dust control. My co-workers both got sick, dizzy, nausea, I felt nothing. Good point.