Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Ukshep

Fridges and washing machines could be vital witnesses in murder plots

Rate this topic

Ukshep    14,287

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/01/02/fridges-washing-machines-could-vital-witnesses-murder-plots/

High-tech washing machines and fridges will soon be used by detectives gathering evidence from crime scenes, experts have forecast.

The advent of ‘the internet of things’ in which more devices are connected together in a world of ‘smart working’ could in future provide important clues for the police.

Detectives are currently being trained to look for gadgets and white goods which could provide a ‘digital footprint’ of victims or criminals.

Mark Stokes, the head of the digital, cyber and communications forensics unit at the Metropolitan Police told The Times: “Wireless cameras within a device, such as fridge, may record the movement of owners and suspects.

- Sad when fridges start storing info that is useful to them on you! Is nothing sacred any more!

Groove    1,393

Wow this should infuriate everyone, liberals included. Just knowing that an appliance has a camera in it makes me not want to buy one. Heck I've put off buying a new tv for that very reason. Headed to check the pawn shops for an older flat screen later this week if my current TV goes out, been acting up bad lately. But anyway the spying of us has to stop or Ima just gonna go back to my childhood days of figuring out how things work and just start taking all my appliances apart and take out any cameras and microphones I see. 

• Like 1

CGK    2,232

Before long washing machines and dishwashers that are connected to the internet will be ordering their own soap too. I suspect smart refrigerators will be right behind them ordering milk and eggs too.

I wonder what will happen when someones washing machine goes crazy and orders 50 cases of soap? I can see it now, you come home to thousands of dollars of laundry detergent sitting at your front door. You call amazon and say "I didn't order this." Amazon replies, "its was a legitimate order that came from your washing machine. Your credit card has been charged. If you think this was done in error, please contact the washing machine manufacturer." Have a nice day! LOL

This Smart Washing Machine Will Order More Detergent From Amazon

http://fortune.com/2016/01/04/whirlpool-amazon-washer-dryer/

• Like 2

CGK    2,232
15 minutes ago, Groove said:

Wow this should infuriate everyone, liberals included. Just knowing that an appliance has a camera in it makes me not want to buy one. Heck I've put off buying a new tv for that very reason. Headed to check the pawn shops for an older flat screen later this week if my current TV goes out, been acting up bad lately. But anyway the spying of us has to stop or Ima just gonna go back to my childhood days of figuring out how things work and just start taking all my appliances apart and take out any cameras and microphones I see. 

Yep, Camera's in devices are a problem but you can put tape over the cameras to stop it from watching you. What disturbs me more is the audio component of things.

I recently bought a Amazon Fire TV box which comes with a voice activated remote. Sounds cool right? All you have to do for example is say, "Find Brad Pitt movies" and it magically displays everything Brad Pitt has ever done in a nice little list for your viewing pleasure.

At the moment you have to push the mic button on the remote to make it work but Im sure in the near future they will eliminate the mic button and it will constantly listen by default just like Amazon Echo does.

Oh, there is not an "off button" on Fire TV either so it constantly stays on.

So what did I do? I put tape over the mic on the remote and unplug the box when Im not using it.  I keep the remote in a tin box as a way of keeping things organized and to assure that the damn thing is not listening to me all the time. LOL

• Like 1

Ukshep    14,287
16 minutes ago, Groove said:

Getting to the point that might spawn anti tech people,  Maybe even a religious fanatic type of belief system.

Groove    1,393
4 minutes ago, CGK said:

Yep, Camera's in devices are a problem but you can put tape over the cameras to stop it from watching you. What disturbs me more is the audio component of things.

I recently bought a Amazon Fire TV box which comes with a voice activated remote. Sounds cool right? All you have to do for example is say, "Find Brad Pitt movies" and it magically displays everything Brad Pitt has ever done in a nice little list for your viewing pleasure.

At the moment you have to push the mic button on the remote to make it work but Im sure in the near future they will eliminate the mic button and it will constantly listen by default just like Amazon Echo does.

Oh, there is not an "off button" on Fire TV either so it constantly stays on.

So what did I do? I put tape over the mic on the remote and unplug the box when Im not using it.  I keep the remote in a tin box as a way of keeping things organized and to assure that the damn thing is not listening to me all the time. LOL

Oh I def understand. I hate pulling my little tablet out bc if I accrued tally say "OK" or "ok Google" it starts listening then pops up the Internet with a search of what I just said. I hate it! 

Groove    1,393
12 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Getting to the point that might spawn anti tech people,  Maybe even a religious fanatic type of belief system.

Yes indeed and I love taking things apart. They may not go back together but I love taking them apart. 

DarkKnightNomeD    1,638
14 minutes ago, CGK said:

That's why they are implementing all this Smart Grid Technology. Soon your gonna need an chip to fire a gun, ect, ect.

• Like 1

CSB    1,693

I am looking for a written article that I read once that said;  State law makes it illegal to sell used kitchen appliances after the appliance is more than a year old or is manufactured before a date .

I remember reading it somewhere . No bull shit . It made me think they want everyone to own the new smart appliances .

Smart appliances will be just another tool for the police state . The SOBs just don't know when to stop their bull shit .

Smart meters on you home , smart phones and TVs now here comes the smart kitchen appliance . Whats next a smart toilet ?  Oh wait they have a good start on that to : https://www.cnet.com/how-to/smart-toilets-make-your-bathroom-high-tech/ Maybe someday soon they will hear you take a dump or fart ..

dubsquared    45
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/01/02/fridges-washing-machines-could-vital-witnesses-murder-plots/

High-tech washing machines and fridges will soon be used by detectives gathering evidence from crime scenes, experts have forecast.

The advent of ‘the internet of things’ in which more devices are connected together in a world of ‘smart working’ could in future provide important clues for the police.

Detectives are currently being trained to look for gadgets and white goods which could provide a ‘digital footprint’ of victims or criminals.

Mark Stokes, the head of the digital, cyber and communications forensics unit at the Metropolitan Police told The Times: “Wireless cameras within a device, such as fridge, may record the movement of owners and suspects.

- Sad when fridges start storing info that is useful to them on you! Is nothing sacred any more!

It's all part of the movement. AI is great too. Not malicious... VR is the new reality. You won't have to keep track of yourself anymore. Machines and devices will do it for you.

dubsquared    45
7 minutes ago, CSB said:

I am looking for a written article that I read once that said;  State law makes it illegal to sell used kitchen appliances after the appliance is more than a year old or is manufactured before a date .

I remember reading it somewhere . No bull shit . It made me think they want everyone to own the new smart appliances .

Smart appliances will be just another tool for the police state . The SOBs just don't know when to stop their bull shit .

Smart meters on you home , smart phones and TVs now here comes the smart kitchen appliance . Whats next a smart toilet ?  Oh wait they have a good start on that to : https://www.cnet.com/how-to/smart-toilets-make-your-bathroom-high-tech/ Maybe someday soon they will hear you take a dump or fart ..

Of course! Why do you think analog is out and digital only radio transmissions are in, by law... Mmm hmm

amused   
amused

Remember when they introduced talking cars? In Detroit, they used to say, "Your door be ajar". LOL. or " Hey, some mofo stolt yer battery, let's get him".