Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

EPA To Alaskans In Sub-Zero Temps: Stop Burning Wood To Keep Warm

Rate this topic

Ukshep    14,238

The title says it all. Sounds like such a wonderful idea does it not? /Sarc

If only the bureaucrats in Washington DC knew what the wolf-dog knew. But alas, now comes the federal government to tell the inhabitants of Alaska’s interior that, really, they should not be building fires to keep themselves warm during the winter. The New York Times reports the Environmental Protection Agency could soon declare the Alaskan cities of Fairbanks and North Pole, which have a combined population of about 100,000, in “serious” noncompliance of the Clean Air Act early next year.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/30/epa-alaskans-sub-zero-temps-stop-burning-wood-keep-warm/

They are forcing the will of big government on the people again!

radio doc    350

the massive cloud of  fumes being emitted from this sort of crap in washington dc is a bigger pollutant than all the eskimos campfires combined!

foundation being laid for a land grab using some epa land preservation crap? 

Ukshep    14,238
Just now, Iamawake said:

Alaskan's to EPA... Go fack yourselves..Lol

I feel like making a fire just to annoy them but i am so far away. So i'll just imagine it instead!

Iamawake    241
Just now, Ukshep said:

I feel like making a fire just to annoy them but i am so far away. So i'll just imagine it instead!

They have yet to acknowledge the fire's, they have already ignited, which will consume them eventually, in all of their ignorance.

The ones that survive, will be sent behind the Wall, to get their just rewards..

:chuckle:

COBO Member    1,948

I have relatives living outside of Fairbanks. And while they use propane, they know many using wood. Talked to them yesterday and most feel it's a push to consolidate the population for control. Not to mention a huge boost to the gas industry. The ones most affected are those living in virtual isolation where wood heat is the only option. See where this is going?

Cinnamon    15,962

Another 3 letter agency trying to control the people. You'll get my wood when you take it from my cold dead hands, right after you go to the hospital for the concussion from where I whacked you on the head with a log. Who's going to enforce this shit on people who live out in the middle of nowhere?  Would you want that job? I sure wouldn't. Go on and do it now, it's nice and dark mostly for months and people have cabin fever...

• Like 1

COBO Member    1,948
8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Who's going to enforce this shit on people who live out in the middle of nowhere?  Would you want that job? I sure wouldn't. Go on and do it now, it's nice and dark mostly for months and people have cabin fever...

They don't even need a road to patrol. As long as there's a body of water big enough for a floatplane or a trapline for an ATV. I guess you could call smoke from the chimney, "probable cause" for an investigation. The pioneer spirit only goes so far when it comes to needing supplies that aren't readily available around the homestead.

Cinnamon    15,962
1 minute ago, COBO Member said:

They don't even need a road to patrol. As long as there's a body of water big enough for a floatplane or a trapline for an ATV. I guess you could call smoke from the chimney, "probable cause" for an investigation. The pioneer spirit only goes so far when it comes to needing supplies that aren't readily available around the homestead.

Drone strikes. 

COBO Member    1,948
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Drone strikes. 

Hadn't considered that! Sometimes, I'm still in the 20thC. Then again, I know folks up there that wouldn't think twice about knocking one out of the sky...provided it was in range.

The shudder I just had though was the thought of a 21stC "tea party" against the propane industry. Or worse, an LNG tanker in port.