Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Cadbury Chocolate Recall (Chinese Chocolate, why?)

Rate this topic

Cinnamon    16,176

HONG KONG — British candy maker Cadbury announced a recall Monday of chocolate made in its Beijing factory after it was found to contain melamine, the industrial chemical that has sickened tens of thousands of Chinese children.

The 11 recalled items were sold in parts of Asia and the Pacific, the company said in a statement. Cadbury’s chocolates sold in the United States were not affected, said a spokesman for Hershey’s, Cadbury’s sole U.S. distributor.

Meanwhile, Kraft Foods, the maker of Oreo cookies, and Mars, the maker of M&Ms and Snickers candy, questioned the findings of Indonesian tests that identified melamine in samples of their products made in China.

Both Kraft Foods and Mars said they would comply with an Indonesian recall but planned to conduct their own tests and look into the possibility the tainted products were counterfeits.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26938647/ns/health-food_safety/t/cadbury-recalls-chinese-made-chocolates/#.WGTR0FMrKpo

I don't want to eat anything that comes from freaking China. FFS these pols have destroyed us in so many ways! 

Zimix99    714

I would never ingest anything made in china haha (i try anyway). They are great for replacement parts and cheap goods though.

Edited by Zimix99

LuckyBolt    1,083

The Chinese are co-opting our farming and the products they mass produce for us.  It's simple, taint the product, develop your own or buy the company right out when the recalls bankrupt them, and then take over the market.

I hope you've studied your mandarin.

CGK    2,254

Most folks have no idea how much of our food is from China. I spend hours in the grocery store reading labels and if I cant clearly identify the country of origin, I don't purchase it. 

For example try to buy some pine nuts that don't come from China. Its nearly impossible unless you go to a specialty store and pay 9 dollars for a tiny bottle that is from Italy.

Store branded products are the worst. For example, Kroger granulated garlic is from China. If you read a label and it says "Distributed by X" rather than "Product of USA" or some other country of origin, chances are you are eating "Chinese Food"

Zimix99    714
4 minutes ago, CGK said:

Most folks have no idea how much of our food is from China. I spend hours in the grocery store reading labels and if I cant clearly identify the country of origin, I don't purchase it. 

For example try to buy some pine nuts that don't come from China. Its nearly impossible unless you go to a specialty store and pay 9 dollars for a tiny bottle that is from Italy.

Store branded products are the worst. For example, Kroger granulated garlic is from China. If you read a label and it says "Distributed by X" rather than "Product of USA" or some other country of origin, chances are you are eating "Chinese Food"

Someday ill own enough property to have a good sized garden. I do the best i can on my rental property in the summer though. Nothing beats fresh home grown tomatoes, especially that yellow shit from the grocery store.

• Like 1