Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cryptic Mole

How To Grow Lettuce In A Container

Rate this topic

Cryptic Mole    3,601

Your Guide to Growing Lettuce in Containers:
http://countrysidenetwork.com/daily/gardening/container-gardening/guide-growing-lettuce-in-containers/

You can also plant from seed or even from partially grown plants by transferring them into containers as in the video below.

Other growing ideas:

Edited by Cryptid Mold
  • Like 2

Cinnamon    16,461
On 12/28/2016 at 11:16 AM, Cryptid Mold said:

Regrow Lettuce in Days:

Yay I have tons of these hearts I can use! I'm going to start tomorrow! Thanks! 

Cryptic Mole    3,601
7 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Yay I have tons of these hearts I can use! I'm going to start tomorrow! Thanks! 

I haven't tried that yet, but I would imagine that you would get much better results if you added some kind of nutrient to the water like when using a hydroponics system.

Have you ever dabbled in window farms? That seems pretty interesting for the apartment city dweller.

Cinnamon    16,461
3 minutes ago, Cryptid Mold said:

I haven't tried that yet, but I would imagine that you would get much better results if you added some kind of nutrient to the water like when using a hydroponics system.

Have you ever dabbled in window farms? That seems pretty interesting for the apartment city dweller.

No, but I have a grow light that I can use for lighting and some nutrients for hydroponics. Definitely would be happier with some food given to them, they'd grow a lot faster. So I'm good to try it. Now, I have a problem because my south facing windows where the sun is have really narrow window sills... I have a table I can put there. Now it's starting to sound like work. hahah Using a grow light just to get lettuce isn't very cost effective. I wanna use the sun.

Cryptic Mole    3,601
7 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

No, but I have a grow light that I can use for lighting and some nutrients for hydroponics. Definitely would be happier with some food given to them, they'd grow a lot faster. So I'm good to try it. Now, I have a problem because my south facing windows where the sun is have really narrow window sills... I have a table I can put there. Now it's starting to sound like work. hahah Using a grow light just to get lettuce isn't very cost effective. I wanna use the sun.

I have a double mullion window in my kitchen that faces kind of southwest so that window area is good for growing. Plus, the window stools/sills are 5 1/4 inches wide. I also have a small service table with casters right under the window, so that works well too if I need it.

I regret that I never started my container garden here since I moved here a little over two years ago, but that was because of my heart surgery and now still having it a bit tough with lifting things. My containers/pots are pretty large and are already filled with earth. I'll have to have someone move them into place for me come springtime.