Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Posting this so you guys hold me accountable lol Juice fasting

90 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Cryptid Mold said:

Lol, no, it's not cheating, and I wouldn't eat those damn beets either!

what am I doing to do with them? lol 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

what am I doing to do with them? lol 

Compost pile...

1 person likes this

Beets still staring at me from the fridge, I am glaring back at them. 

Day 7, better than ever! 

1 person likes this

I know why you stopped before. Your body needs more than that.

Outside of it tasting like crap, it doesn't hurt to do a juice fast a few days. I've even done it.

What Iike most about it, is how your skin changes, and the whites of your eyes get really clear, but, your body does need more.

We are ominivores. You can't live by juice alone.

I was vegan for 17 years. Hurt myself doing that. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone in retrospect.

46 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Day 8 and it's going great! 

Awesome, Cinn.

Please continue.

I want you to know that I am really inspired by your efforts here.

Stay the course.

1 person likes this

Just now, Cryptid Mold said:

Awesome, Cinn.

Please continue.

I want you to know that I am really inspired by your efforts here.

Stay the course.

My friend started this 5 days ago after I showed her the raw food vids, she is now gone from 40 units (not sure how insulin is measured?) of insulin down to 20. She reduced metformin from 3x a day to 1x a day. Blood sugar went from 175 and sometimes higher with all those meds, she told me today that she is down down to 123, morning and evening. She is not just juicing, she is also eating a lot of salads and some baked sweet potatoes because she said she needs to chew something. lol  But it is working for her. She said she goes for a checkup and bloodtests on the 9th of February. I'm sure they'll be surprised, I wonder what they will say and do? 

I have no idea what's happening in my body because I am not sick or on any tests like that, but I know I am feeling really good!  She is inspiring me because if anything IS wrong with me, I think it will sort itself. 

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

My friend started this 5 days ago after I showed her the raw food vids, she is now gone from 40 units (not sure how insulin is measured?) of insulin down to 20. She reduced metformin from 3x a day to 1x a day. Blood sugar went from 175 and sometimes higher with all those meds, she told me today that she is down down to 123, morning and evening. She is not just juicing, she is also eating a lot of salads and some baked sweet potatoes because she said she needs to chew something. lol  But it is working for her. She said she goes for a checkup and bloodtests on the 9th of February. I'm sure they'll be surprised, I wonder what they will say and do? 

I have no idea what's happening in my body because I am not sick or on any tests like that, but I know I am feeling really good!  She is inspiring me because if anything IS wrong with me, I think it will sort itself. 

That's fantastic, Cinn.

You should have gotten yourself a blood sugar tester. You can buy them over the counter in any drug store. They even have the new machines that do not need the test strips anymore. You can check your fasting levels, one hour after you consume something, and first thing in the morning.

2 minutes ago, Cryptid Mold said:

That's fantastic, Cinn.

You should have gotten yourself a blood sugar tester. You can buy them over the counter in any drug store. They even have the new machines that do not need the test strips anymore. You can check your fasting levels, one hour after you consume something, and first thing in the morning.

I probably should have but I've never had high blood sugar or anything. I have everything but my tonsils and wisdom teeth. LOL I am just doing this as a preventative and I think everyone should do it periodically because it does heal from within. 

I am also reading that it heals fibromyalgia and another friend of mine says shes diagnosed but her mindset won't let her believe diet does anything... shakes head at that! 

48 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I probably should have but I've never had high blood sugar or anything. I have everything but my tonsils and wisdom teeth. LOL I am just doing this as a preventative and I think everyone should do it periodically because it does heal from within. 

I am also reading that it heals fibromyalgia and another friend of mine says shes diagnosed but her mindset won't let her believe diet does anything... shakes head at that! 

Even though your blood sugar levels are good, it's still good to see just how low they can go. Remember, though, too low can put you in a coma, so make sure you drink those juices on your scheduled times.

Just now, Cryptid Mold said:

Even though your blood sugar levels are good, it's still good to see just how low they can go. Remember, though, too low can put you in a coma, so make sure you drink those juices on your scheduled times.

When I feel hungry, I drink some, I don't limit myself at all, I have as much as often as I get hungry. And a variety of them too. I got the shakes once becasue I was out and didn't have any, but was fine once I got some carrot apple juice. 

Day 9... almost ate a sweet potato last night, but I prevailed! :)