Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Cinders777

Where did all the birds go?

Rate this topic

Cinders777   
Cinders777

Has anyone else noticed that there are no birds since approx. 12/23?  It might be earlier than that but it's about when I started noticing that no birds were eating seed or the suet I put out for them.  In addition, if I stand outside I hear nothing.  Typically one could listen to chickadees, blue jays and the occasion crow in the distance.   I also noticed a post by one of the moderators that his animals were acting kooky a few nights back.  I also have a cat that hid for 2 days and wouldn't come out to eat or drink.  I have an outdoor cat that disappeared and only comes over to eat in the morning - never at night anymore.  When I call or whistle for him, he doesn't come and he used to come running every time.  

I am very attuned to wildlife and there seems to be precious few wandering around the past few days.  But the birds are the canary in the coal mine for me.   Something strange is going on.  I wonder it is has to do with that wave that hit the earth that no one can supposedly explain the origin of.  

Tarmalen    1,002
38 minutes ago, Cinders777 said:

Has anyone else noticed that there are no birds since approx. 12/23?  It might be earlier than that but it's about when I started noticing that no birds were eating seed or the suet I put out for them.  In addition, if I stand outside I hear nothing.  Typically one could listen to chickadees, blue jays and the occasion crow in the distance.   I also noticed a post by one of the moderators that his animals were acting kooky a few nights back.  I also have a cat that hid for 2 days and wouldn't come out to eat or drink.  I have an outdoor cat that disappeared and only comes over to eat in the morning - never at night anymore.  When I call or whistle for him, he doesn't come and he used to come running every time.  

I am very attuned to wildlife and there seems to be precious few wandering around the past few days.  But the birds are the canary in the coal mine for me.   Something strange is going on.  I wonder it is has to do with that wave that hit the earth that no one can supposedly explain the origin of.  

If you search for people who own new cars you will find a flock of them perched in various strategic locations waiting for the word to commence the bombing run.

grav   
grav

I see lots of birds today and have heard crows and a hawk or two.

You may have a temporary disturbance in the natural world. It happens. Something they hear, smell, feel, sense something that upsets their systems. I hope it passes away for you. 

Tarmalen    1,002
49 minutes ago, Tarmalen said:

If you search for people who own new cars you will find a flock of them perched in various strategic locations waiting for the word to commence the bombing run.

36 minutes ago, majoga said:

They are here, shitting on my new jeep.

I rest my case.

Edited by Tarmalen
  • Like 2

Cryptic Mole    3,585

The Starlings and Grackles were digging all over my front and side lawn here in NYC about 3 days ago.

The Squirrels are everywhere as well.

Tarmalen    1,002
1 minute ago, Cryptid Mold said:

The Starlings and Grackles were digging all over my front and side lawn here in NYC about 3 days ago.

The Squirrels are everywhere as well.

You have Grackles in NYC?

First time I ever saw one was down here in Texas when I moved here a few years ago. A flock of those things are loud as heck.

Cryptic Mole    3,585
2 minutes ago, Tarmalen said:

You have Grackles in NYC?

Yes, and they are plentiful just like the Starlings.

Most times they roost and flock together so they also eat together as well.

They both migrate but both species are here all year round. The birds up north move south into NYC for the winter, and the birds who went south move back north into NYC come spring.

grav   
grav

OP, let us know tomorrow what your bird population is, please.

I don't think nuclear radiation is the agent. More likely a storm front, pollution, Schumann Resonance, other causes. 

someone    15

OP where do you live? Cause around here...it's frickin' winter, man. The birds are down south or sleeping or whatever the hell it is birds do this time of year. If you're in the south and they aren't there...they're up here snoozing. Cause MANMADECLIMATECHANGEEHRRMAHGHERRDWEREALLGONNADIE has them all goofed up. The plants also don't know what time of year it is in some places, shit growing when it shouldn't be etc. 

Pole shift. Not caused by our gas guzzling ess yoo vees...just a natural thing.

Wouldn't worry your life away about it, cause there ain't shit we can do to stop it but rather we need to adapt/move/whatever. Have a nice day!